Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree30Likes
    Will free tether work on 4G touchpad?
    Yes and on the Go too!

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Herrie,
    Do you happen to have the freetether file that I can upload into my Webos Quick Install. I just tried and there is no more pa kages or apps available. I'm devestated! I simply can't believe I will one day have to give up my beloved Palm Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yes and on the Go too!

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I would like to use mobile hotspot for WiFi tethering and FreeTether for Bluetooth tethering. So... is there a patch that will unhide the mobile hotspot app after FreeTether is installed? Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    I would like to use mobile hotspot for WiFi tethering and FreeTether for Bluetooth tethering. So... is there a patch that will unhide the mobile hotspot app after FreeTether is installed? Thanks

Does FreeTether not work for some of your devices on WiFi?

I figured there was a reason for MHS being disabled, so I went back to the beginning of the thread and started reading. I remembered clearly that it disabled it, but not why. The dev gives a good reason here: /webos-internals/303815-freetether-1-2-x-post3217362.html
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Does FreeTether not work for some of your devices on WiFi?

I figured there was a reason for MHS being disabled, so I went back to the beginning of the thread and started reading. I remembered clearly that it disabled it, but not why. The dev gives a good reason here: http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?p=3217362
    Thanks for this info. I had assumed that MHS was disabled as a feature to keep one from accidentally spending that extra $30 a month big red wanted at the time. I didn't realize there was a conflict between the two. I have had good results with FreeTether on my vzPre2, but was concerned about how stable it would be on the vzPre3.

Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Thanks for this info. I had assumed that MHS was disabled as a feature to keep one from accidentally spending that extra $30 a month big red wanted at the time. I didn't realize there was a conflict between the two. I have had good results with FreeTether on my vzPre2, but was concerned about how stable it would be on the vzPre3.

I haven't tried it on a Verizon Pre3, but it works fine on the ATT version. Install FreeTether Cleaner from Preware so you don't have to reboot to use it again after you turn off the hotspot.
    Oh man someone figured. Out a way to fix that? Nice...

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789