Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    I own Pre2 (webOS 2.2.4) and TouchPad (webOS 3.0.5). And I'm trying to share my 3G data connection from Pre2 with Touchpad using freeTether via bluetooth. Still no success.
    Is there any way to get it working via bluetooth?
    Even when both devices seem to be connected via bluetooth freeTether always shows "no device connected" and there is no way to share my 3D data Pre2 connection with TouchPad.
    So maybe I do something wrong, in wrong order or so...?

Or maybe there is just no way to get freeTether working via bluetooth for Pre2 and TouchPad?
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    I own Pre2 (webOS 2.2.4) and TouchPad (webOS 3.0.5). And I'm trying to share my 3G data connection from Pre2 with Touchpad using freeTether via bluetooth. Still no success.
    Is there any way to get it working via bluetooth?
    Even when both devices seem to be connected via bluetooth freeTether always shows "no device connected" and there is no way to share my 3D data Pre2 connection with TouchPad.
    So maybe I do something wrong, in wrong order or so...?

Or maybe there is just no way to get freeTether working via bluetooth for Pre2 and TouchPad?
    Cant share internet between 2 webos devices using BT.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Pre3 kernel is a POS and causes FT to not work well on it. I should probably block FT from being installed on a Pre3.

How's it going with the Enyo version of FT? I saw a screen shot months ago and it looked great. Any chance we'll see 2.0 this year?

Thanks for the great work!
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    How's it going with the Enyo version of FT? I saw a screen shot months ago and it looked great. Any chance we'll see 2.0 this year?

Thanks for the great work!
    Actually, now that we have an IPK to install enyo (for people who cant get it) and now that rooted plugins work (thanks to wTerm) I think I will come out with a new freeTether
    First, let me thank you for such an essential app. Also the features and UI make freeTether very satisfying to use.

I'd like to make a feature request.

I'm using my Veer to share internet to a few of my friends here who have no other method to access the 'net. I have thought that it would be nice if I could tap on any of the listed Connected Devices and get information about that device. Perhaps OS detection (using a stripped down nmap?), current time connected, name, MAC address, IP address, and most desired; bandwidth used over last connection and total bandwidth used.

For bandwidth tracking, if it's non-trivial or its implementation would be limited by how much time you want to dedicate to research and coding, you can check the two following websites. (wrtbwmon) (lal-projects)

Thank you for taking the time to read my request.

- SR
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticReturn View Post
    First, let me thank you for such an essential app. Also the features and UI make freeTether very satisfying to use.

I'd like to make a feature request.

I'm using my Veer to share internet to a few of my friends here who have no other method to access the 'net. I have thought that it would be nice if I could tap on any of the listed Connected Devices and get information about that device. Perhaps OS detection (using a stripped down nmap?), current time connected, name, MAC address, IP address, and most desired; bandwidth used over last connection and total bandwidth used.

For bandwidth tracking, if it's non-trivial or its implementation would be limited by how much time you want to dedicate to research and coding, you can check the two following websites. (wrtbwmon) (lal-projects)

Thank you for taking the time to read my request.

- SR
    I would entertain the idea of adding a mac filter for the wifi, but I don't like the idea of bundling nmap an other such apps. If you need those apps install them from optware and use them though wTerm.
    Thank you for your quick response.

I will take your advice and look into setting up these services myself.

Thank you for your time,
    - SR
    Thanks for a spectacular app!! Well done.

I am on the Verizon network with my Pre Plus which
    has the free mobile hotspot. However, I am using freetether
    to watch a few Netflix programs so I don't max out my Hotspot
    5 Gb.

My question is....... Is there anyway to toggle between the
    two? Or do I have to uninstall Freetether each time?? It's
    not hard to do that, but it would be nice to not have to.

Thanks again!!
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundsance58301 View Post
    Thanks for a spectacular app!! Well done.

I am on the Verizon network with my Pre Plus which
    has the free mobile hotspot. However, I am using freetether
    to watch a few Netflix programs so I don't max out my Hotspot
    5 Gb.

My question is....... Is there anyway to toggle between the
    two? Or do I have to uninstall Freetether each time?? It's
    not hard to do that, but it would be nice to not have to.

Thanks again!!
    If I can figure out how, I will add support in FT to make its data usage count towards hotspot plans instead of phone plans. However, right now there FT doesnt support that.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    If I can figure out how, I will add support in FT to make its data usage count towards hotspot plans instead of phone plans. However, right now there FT doesnt support that.
    That is a joke, right?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    That is a joke, right?
    No, not a joke. Why else would people want to use MHS? The only good reason I know of is for people who don't have unlimited data and want to be able to put data usage on their tethering plan. Thus some sort of toggle in FT would be useful for this.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Sorry, I forget that not all webOS phone users do not have unlimited data.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    No, sorry I wasn't clear.

Right now I get up to 5 Gb per month via the MHS.

However, if I were to watch any amount of Netflix or the
    like, I would go over.

I do have unlimited data on the phone.

If I just used the FT the carrier would be sure to catch
    on if my MHS went to zero, and my phone shot to 10 Gb
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundsance58301 View Post
    No, sorry I wasn't clear.

Right now I get up to 5 Gb per month via the MHS.

However, if I were to watch any amount of Netflix or the
    like, I would go over.

I do have unlimited data on the phone.

If I just used the FT the carrier would be sure to catch
    on if my MHS went to zero, and my phone shot to 10 Gb
    They wont, and they can't...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoud333 View Post
    freetether messed up my MHS install ...

could you explain in detail the process to restore original MHS with the script.
    how to run the command python ?

why the : BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com in the link of the .jar ?
    I struggled with this for awhile (see posts #81 & #84). I finally gave up & followed the script manually to extract the MHS ipk, installed it w/ WOQI. Even tho it showed in the installed apps in WOQI, never showed it under the launcher. So I uninstalled it w/ WOQI, copied the ipk to my phone and using the terminal mode of WOQI manually ran the 1st 4 of the last 6 lines in the script. And voila, I had MHS back, sadly w/ no internet connectivity. While playing around, I discovered if I started FT, then ran MHS, I had connectivity. The little green light on FT (IP Forwarding) gave me a clue, so after some research, stumbled on this:
    'http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Ip_forward' Followed these instructions & now MHS is working. Only caveat is that if I run FT, close it, then run MHS, I get the warning about no data package. A simple soft reset fixes that. (I used to get that message previous to the FT install, so I was familiar.) I'm sure there is probably an easier & simpler way to accomplish this (I'm sure Puff is rolling around the floor laughing at my travails) but this worked for me.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It appears that most people get freeTether working right after installation. For me, the experience hasn't been so rosy. I WOQI the 1.2.0-2 onto my Veer with no problem. However when I start FT, and toggle both the wifi switches on, neither the dhcp nor ip forwarding indicators light up. This tells me nothing is active (or is it?).
    I'm wondering if the problems are more deep rooted? Has any one encountered this problem and was able to find their way out of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovedba View Post
    It appears that most people get freeTether working right after installation. For me, the experience hasn't been so rosy. I WOQI the 1.2.0-2 onto my Veer with no problem. However when I start FT, and toggle both the wifi switches on, neither the dhcp nor ip forwarding indicators light up. This tells me nothing is active (or is it?).
    I'm wondering if the problems are more deep rooted? Has any one encountered this problem and was able to find their way out of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    It looks like my Veer was pretty messed up before I got it (it was a display model) which is why freeTether wasn't able to work. WebOS Doctor'ed the veer to reset things to prime shape (a weird webOS 2.1.2 auto update was killing my Maps application) and reinstalled freeTether. At first activation, freeTether worked perfectly without incident! Got to support the developers of freeTether, the check is in the mail!
    Hi,

I have some problems on my EU Veer with WebOS 2.1.1.

As long I do install the remove tripple and muffle logging FreeTether works at least in combination with my old HTC Desire fine.

But I want to tether over Wifi with my Linux laptop or my Touchpad, I' ve got a problem: My WLAN from my Veer is set up with security option WPA2. Both my laptop and Veer see it as open network anyway. In consequence the connect to my Veer fails. Android has no issues here. Tried also BT tethering between TP and Veer, but did also not work.With open wifi tethering is fine, but I do not want to play public hotspot, my data plan is very limited.

Can anybody help?
    Thanks,
    LK

EDIT: Unlaunching the dev mode helps. However they are related.
    Last edited by Lebenskuenstler; 03/28/2012 at 04:09 AM. Reason: New situation
    I have tried and failed to setup bluetooth internet sharing on OS X Lion with my Veer running freeTether. Does anyone here have any experience getting it to work with Lion and if so, could you post a step-by-step guide? I've tried various things, none of them work.

I have successfully paired it, but under services it doesn't list anything like "PAN Network Access" or "Wireless iAP". Trying to "Update Services" while only freeTether & bluetooth is on (and the native webos bluetooth app is off) doesn't update the services.

Thanks for any help,
    - SR
    Last edited by StaticReturn; 04/08/2012 at 08:17 PM.
    I've used freeTether since I got my TouchPad last July, with my old Pre- and never had an issue.
    Got a Veer in January, never had an issue.
    Got my Pre3 last week, and I cannot get it to turn back on after shutting it off properly. I can open it, turn it on, but if I shut it down (before throwing away the card), I cannot get a signal again until I reboot my Pre3. Ideas? Should I log it?

I just quickly jumped to the first post.....maybe the update will fix it, haven't checked Preware today, might check later and see if it's there and if that fixes it.

Love it, by the way
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel