Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Works great! Nice Pre 3 display now ;-)

Have an AZERTY Pre 3 and Mobile Hotspot is gone... Wasn't working for me so no complains!

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    I updated before the latest fix, and so still have MH.
    Yep, same here unfortunately. MHS still hasn't gone.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    This is interesting:

I have an ATT Pre3 WEBOS 2.2.3:
    Although the cpu speed issue after closing freetether is fixed....I still have to RESTART my phone each time I use freetether since my laptop/tp does not detect the wifi network the 2nd time around (after closing and re-opening freetether).

Now, I grabbed a UK Pre3 with WEBOS 2.2.0 build 3171 (just 1-step down from 2.2.3):
    Freetether works perfectly! I do not have to restart the phone each time I want to use freetether! (plus there's not cpu speed issue after closing the app as well!)

Conclusion:
    I have a feeling that ATT did something to the OTA update webos 2.2.3 that prevents the phone from tethering without paying. lol.

BTW, please suppport PuffTheMagic by donating!!!!!!! This app is the MOST USEFUL app for our WebOS devices!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daletorr View Post
    This is interesting:

I have an ATT Pre3 WEBOS 2.2.3:
    Although the cpu speed issue after closing freetether is fixed....I still have to RESTART my phone each time I use freetether since my laptop/tp does not detect the wifi network the 2nd time around (after closing and re-opening freetether).

Now, I grabbed a UK Pre3 with WEBOS 2.2.0 build 3171 (just 1-step down from 2.2.3):
    Freetether works perfectly! I do not have to restart the phone each time I want to use freetether! (plus there's not cpu speed issue after closing the app as well!)

Conclusion:
    I have a feeling that ATT did something to the OTA update webos 2.2.3 that prevents the phone from tethering without paying. lol.

BTW, please suppport PuffTheMagic by donating!!!!!!! This app is the MOST USEFUL app for our WebOS devices!
    I guess you're lucky, because I have the European Pre 3 (with webOS 2.2.0) and I have to restart the phone to make freetether work again. How can I check the CPU speed issue? I mean the phone doesn't feel slower after quitting , but that doesn't mean I don't have this speed issue, either...

BTW, where can I donate?
    Quote Originally Posted by szlaeyer View Post
    BTW, where can I donate?
    In the App itself
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Since updating freeTether to 1.2.0, when I turn off WiFi the DHCP Server and IP Fowarding indicators stay active. In the previous version (1.1.x) they always went dark after turning off WiFi.
    Last edited by noseph; 10/18/2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    In the App itself
    found it! :P
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Since updating freeTether to 1.2.0, when I turn off WiFi the DHCP Server and IP Fowarding indicators stay active. In the previous version they always went dark after turning off WiFi.
    Yep, I noticed this, too, although I didn't notice that the lights went off in the previous version.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    bump

So anyone know what's up?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Hi....I was wondering is this update only for the pre3....I'm on a frankinpre2 verizon model running on sprint..I use the current freetether with no problems.....

Should I update or not....what's the dev and members thoughts on this....pro's and cons?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I reported the following via email in the app as well.
    (And in the other thread doh!)

installing 1.2.0-2 as a fresh install (i.e. Uninstalled prior freetether); I still have mobile hotspot in my launcher.

EU Qwerty Pre3 on AT&T
    webos 2.2 build 3171

The freetether does work for me (at least on wifi and usb to my linux box) just no MHS removal.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I installed the update without having to uninstall the older version.

The MHS app disappeared in my case.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    In the App itself
    Found it too... Thanks for your great works, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    All I did was enable the Pre3 compat mode, and with out a Pre3 I can't really tell what a good font scaling should be. Maybe I can get the emu to run at Pre3 res to fix this.
    Thanks for the reply... Some screen captures for your reference:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    Updated, MHS was still present. Rebooted, still present.

Uninstalled freeTether , rebooted, Re-Installed freeTether , Rebooted ... MHS = gone.

Veer

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I have freeTether on my Pre3 (2.2.3). Installed it, ran it, no MHS. I didn't think it was working right, so I uninstalled it, which revealed MHS, MHS didn't work (devices could connect, but couldn't surf out), reinstalled freeTether and it appears to be working now.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    First off - Thank You for freetether to begin with!

Seems to work just fine on my sprint pixi (with the vzw radio board). I personally don't see the value of hiding the Mobile Hotspot Icon - I'd prefer to have it back.

The only situation I have had issues with in the past were portable wifi devices not successfully getting a dhcp ip address. My work around was/is having freetether first assign an ip address to a notebook/laptop which seems to clear the problem for my portables - but it's a cumbersome workaround while on the road.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by piast View Post
    I personally don't see the value of hiding the Mobile Hotspot Icon - I'd prefer to have it back.
    I've explained this numerous times now. MHS and FT interfere with each other. It makes its really hard to solve everyones bugs/issues when I have to deal with weird interactions caused by MHS. In the past I tried to deal with the solution quietly in the code and it added uglyness to my code. I don't want to deal with that any more. If you want to use freeTether, MHS needs to be removed (permanently or temporarily).
    bruisa likes this.
    I am having some very slight connection problems:

1. Connecting to mobile hotspot takes a while (a couple to several seconds compared to MHS)
    2. Connection drops once in a while and the whole build-up to a stable connection takes one or two (or even more) automatic reconnects.

Anyway this is still the best app (MHS drove me nuts with even more reconnects and vibrating each time it did it) and I rely on it daily (its my only internet connection besides my work line).

Maybe its my Pre- which is losing its sanity or my notebook (Broadcom wireless with drivers: 5.100.198.22).

It could also be my horrible service provider who seems to be using a worthless cell tower (I frequently get only 64 kbps).

Thanks for keeping the app maintained
    Anyone had luck already with Bluetooth tethering? It happens my work's laptop has Bluetooth, and all standard Windows XP software stack. The thing is, I can't figure how lo pair it with my Pre 3. I put it in discoverable mode, Windows finds it as a plain phone (I thought FreeTether would make it appear as a network acces point), but the pairing wizard stops afterwards. At least once, Windows asked me about the Pre 3's PIN. There's no option to leave it blank, so I tried "0000", "1234"... What can it be?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast