Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 169
Like Tree30Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    I feel really bad for the homebrew developers that don't have a Pre 3. Are you able to buy them anymore? I know the eurostore still has the Azerty. I'll kick a little money your way for the app. It won't be much but hopefully it will help towards your "buy me a Pre 3" fund.
    I believe there might be a Pre3 for me sitting in a box in someones living room in California but im not positive.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    I believe there might be a Pre3 for me sitting in a box in someones living room in California but im not positive.
    It's a bit useless there though isn't it?
  3.    #23  
    I just pushed a new version to the feeds which should fix backing up and hiding of MHS.
    If case I messed up the install of anyone's MHS I made a little python script that can restore the app for you, it just needs the url of non-meta-doctored webos doctor jar.

    Here is the script http://git.webos-internals.org/appli...restore_mhs.py

    Run it like this:
    python restore_mhs.py http://localhost/webosdoctorp160unaatt-2.1.2.jar
  4. #24  
    The Mobile Hotspot was hidden on version 1.2.0 on my at&t Pre 3 but I went ahead and updated to the newer version. For Mobile Hotspot to work on at&t Pre 3 on at&t, you must be signed up on 4GB data plan (I am on the 2GB plan) so it didn't work for me anyways.
  5. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #25  
    I would like to update to 1.2, but I need MHS in order to tether to my Nook Color. For some reason, freeTether does not work with my Nook or Touchpads.

    What should I do?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I would like to update to 1.2, but I need MHS in order to tether to my Nook Color. For some reason, freeTether does not work with my Nook or Touchpads.

    What should I do?
    I just tested with my touchpad and it connects fine. Can you better describe your problems?
  7. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #27  
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  8. #28  
    Updated on my AT&T Pre 3. Works fine without problem (MHT icon hidden with both 1.2.0-1 & 1.2.0-2). Just hope the font size could be bigger - now quite difficult to read (although the LCD is not too small) and I think it's a bit of waste as there is quite a big empty space (lower half) in the app.
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
  9. szlaeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #29  
    I updated, too. On the first start, the app works well. Tethering speeds are much higher than on the Samsung Galaxy S. However, I have a similar problem like with the previous version. In that case, after stopping the app after use, then restarting it after a while, my iPad couldn't connect it. Now, with new version, after stopping the app and restarting it, the iPad does not see it as a mobile hotspot. It simply does not appear among the other networks.

    Only way to get it going again is to restart the phone? Is there a way to avoid this? What could be the reason it only works once?

    I have an AZERTY Pre 3 bought from the Eurostore, on orange Romania.
  10. eyebee127's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by szlaeyer View Post
    Now, with new version, after stopping the app and restarting it, the iPad does not see it as a mobile hotspot. It simply does not appear among the other networks.
    i'm having the same issue. i have an ATT pre 3 and i can get the app to work. but after closing and re-starting, the hotpsot cannot be found. the only way to get it to work again is to re-start the device.
  11. szlaeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebee127 View Post
    i'm having the same issue. i have an ATT pre 3 and i can get the app to work. but after closing and re-starting, the hotpsot cannot be found. the only way to get it to work again is to re-start the device.
    There is a fix! I went with the bluetooth option and now it works everytime you restart it. The trade-off - at least in my case - is that the internet speed is 4x slower. Tethering on WiFi gets me about 4Mbps up and down, while on BT I get 0.9/1.65Mbps.

    If you need the speed a restart is not such a bad scenario; still a fix would be nice...

    However, I'd like to thankd the dev for the app and for supporting webOS! Where can I donate?
  12. #32  
    I updated before the latest fix, and so still have MH.

    I actually do want to keep MH, but are there any conflicts that meant that it had to be uninstalled for the latest patch?

    Otherwise I don't understand why the patch removes MH... that's a pretty apple-y approach to software isn't it?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    Updated on my AT&T Pre 3. Works fine without problem (MHT icon hidden with both 1.2.0-1 & 1.2.0-2). Just hope the font size could be bigger - now quite difficult to read (although the LCD is not too small) and I think it's a bit of waste as there is quite a big empty space (lower half) in the app.
    All I did was enable the Pre3 compat mode, and with out a Pre3 I can't really tell what a good font scaling should be. Maybe I can get the emu to run at Pre3 res to fix this.
    tonyw likes this.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    I updated before the latest fix, and so still have MH.

    I actually do want to keep MH, but are there any conflicts that meant that it had to be uninstalled for the latest patch?

    Otherwise I don't understand why the patch removes MH... that's a pretty apple-y approach to software isn't it?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    The 1.1.x versions of freeTether included all sorts of disgusting code that tried to kill mobilehotspotd and prevent it from interfering with freeTether's service. They do interfere with each other! I don't want to maintain such ugly hacks and I can't predict what issues it might be causing on devices with MHS installed. For this reason I am just not going to support FT when MHS is installed. There are too many devices out there of which I only have a few to test on and MHS adds unnecessary complications.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by szlaeyer View Post
    I updated, too. On the first start, the app works well. Tethering speeds are much higher than on the Samsung Galaxy S. However, I have a similar problem like with the previous version. In that case, after stopping the app after use, then restarting it after a while, my iPad couldn't connect it. Now, with new version, after stopping the app and restarting it, the iPad does not see it as a mobile hotspot. It simply does not appear among the other networks.

    Only way to get it going again is to restart the phone? Is there a way to avoid this? What could be the reason it only works once?

    I have an AZERTY Pre 3 bought from the Eurostore, on orange Romania.
    Not sure what is going on here, but restarting the phone is no fix. When you say that your iPad can not connect do you mean that it actually does not connect/authenticate or that it fails to get an IP address?
  16. eyebee127's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Not sure what is going on here, but restarting the phone is no fix. When you say that your iPad can not connect do you mean that it actually does not connect/authenticate or that it fails to get an IP address?
    i don't want to answer for szlaeyer but in my case the ssid is no longer visible. it doesn't appear to be "hidden" but rather that the hotspot isn't being transmitted by the phone/app. my touchpad, iphone or computer cannot see the ssid. only after a device restart will the ssid be available.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebee127 View Post
    i don't want to answer for szlaeyer but in my case the ssid is no longer visible. it doesn't appear to be "hidden" but rather that the hotspot isn't being transmitted by the phone/app. my touchpad, iphone or computer cannot see the ssid. only after a device restart will the ssid be available.
    Thanks for that added detail, I will look into that.
  18. #38  
    I haven't tested it by tethering my TP, but so far based on the interface and how it's reacting, it seems much improved on my Pre 3!
  19. szlaeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebee127 View Post
    i don't want to answer for szlaeyer but in my case the ssid is no longer visible. it doesn't appear to be "hidden" but rather that the hotspot isn't being transmitted by the phone/app. my touchpad, iphone or computer cannot see the ssid. only after a device restart will the ssid be available.
    This is exactly how it behaves in my case, too.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Presumably because most people using freeTether have no need for the Mobile Hotspot app, else they'd be using it instead of freeTether.
    That is no reason to remove an alternative.
    I'd like the freedom to choose or rather have an alternative to try if one gives me problems.

    So far I like FT - and probably more than MHS - but haven't used it often enough to make a final choice. Therefore I can't upgrade.

    PuffTheMagic said a few posts later that this is about MHS adversely affecting FT - which I find curious. How does MHS affect anything while not running?
    Does MHS have a constantly running service component?
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions