1.    #1  
    I installed Preware and updated feeds but it only shows a handful of patches and apps, while on my Pre I had thousands, what am I doing wrong?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    what happens/lists when you show all patches from the webosquick installer.
  3.    #3  
    Same thing, a whole lot of them just aren't there
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Some patches got consolidated into the Advanced patches.
    should still be 80-90+ patches tho

i have 30 patches installed and show another 94 available.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Here ya go. Maybe this explains it?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eeds-down.html
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  7.    #7  
    well it says 120something patches are available but it doesn't make sense, all my fave patches have gone! Is it a compatibility issue with 2.2?
    tonight I need my sleep tomorrow I'll make a list of the patches I can't bloody find.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I installed Preware and updated feeds but it only shows a handful of patches and apps, while on my Pre I had thousands, what am I doing wrong?
    Are you using the same device? It doesn't seem like it, but...?
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Are you using the same device? It doesn't seem like it, but...?
    I don't understand what you mean, I just bought a Pre3 but I still have access to my classic Pre, here's the story:
    Pre installed patches 65, available 652 (six hundred fifty two)
    Pre3 installed patches 13, available 123 (pittance)

Took me two years to find the right patches for me, it's irritating not to see them, I'll list some of the patches I can't see anymore (not all of them as it'd take me too long), pls someone let me know if they can see them, if yes what are your settings.

Can't find:
    actual words instead of icons
    add space between snooze and dismiss
    additional contact labels
    battery percent as icon WHITE
    call duration in log
    call history during call
    character counter
    create birthday events
    enter key for new line
    glass effect
    increase speaker headset volume
    messaging privacy
    scrim contacts
    scrim emal
    scrim messaging
    scrim system screens
    SMS vibrate to two seconds
    virtual keyboard

As I said these are just random ones, there's a lot more I should see but don't, plus, I installed the black out theme and nothing changes.. what the F is going on?
    The patches you are missing probably haven't been (or cannot be) updated for the version of WebOS you are running on the Pre3.
  11.    #11  
    That's what I feared, but I didn't want to believe so many weren't upadated to 2.2, it really sucks, can anyone check if at least sms tone per contact is there?

I just can't believe there're no simple things like character counter in texts (seriously? is it the 90s?) or a way to put a less dull background with the scrims patches, but then it's a pattern with Palm, from the Treo to the Pre it was a step back, so it is from the Pre to the Pre3...
    Last edited by crowning73; 10/15/2011 at 03:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    That's what I feared, but I didn't want to believe so many weren't upadated to 2.2, it really sucks, can anyone check if at least sms tone per contact is there?

I just can't believe there're no simple things like character counter in texts (seriously? is it the 90s?) or a way to put a less dull background with the scrims patches, but then it's a pattern with Palm, from the Treo to the Pre it was a step back, so it is from the Pre to the Pre3...
    You just have to spend some time and search through the patches forum, to see if there are equivalents available for the Pre 3. Pre 3 and 2.2 is still relatively new and it might be sometime, before the patches are upgraded/made to work with it.

However, I do remember seeing patches that help you set 'sms tone per contact' and 'character counter in texts', work for Pre 3. I'll post back if I can find the links. Search is going to be your best friend still.