Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree40Likes
    This wiki doc explains: WebOS Survival Kit - WebOS Internals
    Install the "Show Properties" app from Preware
    On two Pre3 devices I can see the app in Preware - but it fails installing with
    "curl: (7) couldn't connect to host"
    The URL in the curl reads: Index of /feeds/..
    From my PC I can ping ipkg.preware.net without problems (180ms)
    What's wrong with this app?

EDIT: Upps - now it just works on my Pre3 devices ...
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 10/19/2014 at 07:09 AM. Reason: update: now preware app installs just fine and works ok ! Thanks !! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    This wiki doc explains: WebOS Survival Kit - WebOS Internals

On two Pre3 devices I can see the app in Preware - but it fails installing with
    "curl: (7) couldn't connect to host"
    The URL in the curl reads: Index of /feeds/..
    From my PC I can ping ipkg.preware.net without problems (180ms)
    What's wrong with this app?

EDIT: Upps - now it just works on my Pre3 devices ...
    You seem to be having connectivity issues here and with the other thread you posted in. Have you done some testing with your data vs. WiFi connection? Maybe you need to reset a router or something. When the preferences in your previous problem was greyed out it was also because of lack of connection. Just wanted to suggest you confirm you've got a good data connection.

Good luck with your backup plans. It sounds like you're making progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    You seem to be having connectivity issues here and with the other thread you posted in. Have you done some testing with your data vs. WiFi connection? Maybe you need to reset a router or something. When the preferences in your previous problem was greyed out it was also because of lack of connection. Just wanted to suggest you confirm you've got a good data connection.

Good luck with your backup plans. It sounds like you're making progress.
    My Wifi connection should be fairly good and my PC uses the same Wifi too. Internet connections is upto 150MBits/s (down) and 5Mbtis/s (up).
    I guess something improved changed on the other end - perhaps because of weekend outage / backup periods. I got it working on 3 Pre3 devices without issue now.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Well, I'm a little overwhelmed... Is there any reliable way to backup all the ipks of all installed apps with their postinsts?
    It seems that the App Catalog is still working, so maybe it is possible to batch redownload them all with nodeleteipk patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
    Well, I'm a little overwhelmed... Is there any reliable way to backup all the ipks of all installed apps with their postinsts?
    It seems that the App Catalog is still working, so maybe it is possible to batch redownload them all with nodeleteipk patch?
    go here
    Script to save all your app IPKs in one step

download the tool, then sort of halfway there's a post I made with zipped files that allow to download the whole app catalog (all the free apps for your device, and supposedly the paid one associated to your phone id).
    You should be able to dowload a bit more than 3500 ipks this way
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456