Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I think I know. The app was probably built with an older version of system libraries shipped, so the files weren't found/loadable. The system can't find the loader, and gives the message. linux - How can I find which ELF dependency is not fulfill? - Stack Overflow
    It worked with my Pre3 2.2.4 so it should with others. But i used on device Preware app wTerm with option "Default Exec Command": login -f root instead of Novaterm.

Didn't think that makes a difference, but perhaps try that. We should perhaps open another thread, to not spam this one.
    Mmm. When I click the help from Nova device installer software. It will point to Wiki page but can not open it. That's webos survival kit address ???
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Mmm. When I click the help from Nova device installer software. It will point to Wiki page but can not open it. That's webos survival kit address ???
    Which Nova device installer software are you referring to? I'm not aware of public webOS doctors pointing to any wiki pages. And certainly not pointing to the webOS Survival Kit page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I think he's got various internal recovery tools with his various prototype TouchPads. Palm intranet sites are not available on the Internet. They include CVS, SVN, wiki, and various staging and QA versions of webOS cloud services.
    Rnp likes this.
    That's nova device installer (Novainstall 77/87.....92). It can flash pre/pre2/pre3/veer/touchpad/touchpadgo without doctor. Just need tar files. also some functions need to connect special net. Seem like flash new device baby from manufacture factory...(I guess).
    Rnp and Remy X like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    It worked with my Pre3 2.2.4 so it should with others. But i used on device Preware app wTerm with option "Default Exec Command": login -f root instead of Novaterm.

Didn't think that makes a difference, but perhaps try that. We should perhaps open another thread, to not spam this one.
    I was able to get this to work with my Pre 3, also using wTerm, I however did not include the 'cd /' step, backup was successful, although it did seem to corrupt my databases, FlashCards, for example, wouldn't open properly after backing up.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    geekpeter: Look into chattr
    chattr +i makes a file/directory undeletable in Linux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwar Doombringer View Post
    geekpeter: Look into chattr
    chattr +i makes a file/directory undeletable in Linux.
    nice, plays well with symlinks as well, didnt see this gem till you mentioned it, i have a few local scripts/setups on my laptop/mainpc that could benefit from this as well.

time to play/test.. cheers.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Is it time to update survival kit in the wiki to guide users how to backup their apps (as IPKs or as Zip via "mybackup") or download their palmprofile backup data in the advent of the cloud certificate expiry?
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/25/2013 at 11:56 PM.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Is it time to update survival kit in the wiki to guide users how to backup their apps (as IPKs or as Zip via "mybackup") or download their palmprofile backup data in the advent of the cloud certificate expiry?
    The survival kit is a wiki page, specifically so that people with that information can update it.

If anyone needs their wiki username to be given permissions to edit, just PM me.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rnp and MartinH@webos like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    That's nova device installer (Novainstall 77/87.....92). It can flash pre/pre2/pre3/veer/touchpad/touchpadgo without doctor. Just need tar files. also some functions need to connect special net. Seem like flash new device baby from manufacture factory...(I guess).
    That is an internal Palm tool. It will not work outside of the Palm internal network. I don't remember if it flashes local tar files, but it should do roughly the same thing as MetaDoctor. No use using NDI.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I think that some webos fans are interesting on it..........
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Actually. Touchpad/TouchpadGo can flash from webos----andriod. Or Andriod---webos. Or andriod ---andriod. But still miss some files and some tools from HP...
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    That is an internal Palm tool. It will not work outside of the Palm internal network. I don't remember if it flashes local tar files, but it should do roughly the same thing as MetaDoctor. No use using NDI.
    Just grabs the webos.tar and Hp.tar (Or att.tar..ect) from a offical doctor. So can flash it into device without doctor (with NDI). I had flashed TP 4G rom into TP Wifi version. ...
    Because of the shut down of cloud services on 15th Jan. 2015 i updated my posting The webOS Survival Kit to backup/restore whole installed apps with "mybackup".
    12/03/2011: "..Will a webOS Internalz/Preware paid 'App Store' also be a part of the survival mechanism?.."

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A decision on that would be made at the point where closure of the HP App Catalog is announced.

-- Rod

Decision time now approacheth then!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    My guess is no.

This requires a server, payment system and the legal obligations that come with commercial transactions. That's before (if) you decide to audit the apps for malware and general device safety. I believe HP has some kind of scanner. Could such a thing be purchased or would checking be by hand - it's a reputational issue that Google had to address.

I'm not saying it isn't viable as a part time thing or add on to an existing online business. For instance, (this won't happen either) webOS Nation has the app gallery and an accessories store. How difficult would it be to connect the two? But most of those capable of doing this are gainfully employed I would guess.

Possible candidates? OM app Mall, PIC independent effort (if they want to), some of the old PalmOS app sites (very few left)

Here are some links I got from the old Treocentral site a while back:

Sites that are active
    Palm Software, News, Reviews and Accessories - PalmInfocenter
    PalmGear
    ..:: palm | spot ::.. - What's New
    Freeware Palm: the one and only site for downloading freeware files for PalmOS handhelds.
    PalmAddict

Sites that are archive (present, but out of date)
    The Palm Tipsheet: Issue Archive
    visorcentral.com >> the #1 community resource for Handspring's Visor
    visorcentral.com >> the #1 community resource for Handspring's Visor

Sites that have become generalist or newer platforms
    WorP@holic わ〜ぱほりっく | ホントに惚れたものだけを発信し続けるブログ - jp active, but generalist
    Wi-Fi Planet - The Source for Wi-Fi Business and Technology - Wi-Fi Planet - The Source for Wi-Fi Business and Technology
    http://www.bargainPDA.com - Brighthand.com - Smartphone Reviews and News, App Reviews for Smartphones
    Enterprise Mobile Today - www.enterprisemobiletoday.com - redirect to Enterprise Mobile Today - www.enterprisemobiletoday.com
    http://www.palmpower.com - zatz computing
    I am Therefore iPad - iamthereforeipad.com (no mention of palm at cursory glance)

Sites that have become irrelevant
    PalmStation.com - Mobile Online Gaming Entertainment - online gambling resources
    PDA Buzz – San Jose SEO Domination - SEOSEOSEO $business$?
    }[PeBO~SEO~z[y[WŌ݋qWqI - possibly SEOSEOSEO $site$ - $Asian$
    Maximum PDA | Press Daily Action - pharma?
    ????????? jp - nothing about tech

Parked or 404. Gone.
    http://visorguide.com - 404, purepalm.com - parked, Pimpoint.com is available at DomainMarket.com - parked, for sale, 404 Page Not Found - 404, http://www.twomobile.com - 404, http://www.memoware.com - 404, http://www.handango.com - 404, http://www.palmtown.com - 404, http://www.visorosity.com - 404.
    My guess is no.

This requires a server, payment system and the legal obligations that come with commercial transactions. That's before (if) you decide to audit the apps for malware and general device safety. I believe HP has some kind of scanner. Could such a thing be purchased or would checking be by hand? It's a reputational issue that Google had to address with their playstore.

I'm not saying it isn't viable as a part time thing or add on to an existing online business. For instance, (this won't happen either) webOS Nation has the app gallery and an accessories store. How difficult would it be to connect the two? But most of those capable of doing this are already gainfully employed I would guess.

Possible candidates? OM app Mall, PIC independent effort (if they want to), some of the old PalmOS app sites (very few left)

Here are some links I got from the old Treocentral site a while back:

Sites that are active
    Palm Software, News, Reviews and Accessories - PalmInfocenter
    PalmGear
    ..:: palm | spot ::..
    Freeware Palm: the one and only site for downloading freeware files for PalmOS handhelds.
    PalmAddict

Only Palm Spot & Freewarepalm seem to host apps. Not sure I see a payment system.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/19/2014 at 12:42 AM.
    Can't anyone put a video together of how to do this backup, or at least something with images???... I've been trying with wTerm and I am NOT a Linux person , so I am not getting anywhere, even if I am trying to follow the instructions
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast