Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well at least I'm not the only one having issues !! Ha ha I don't feel as much like an ***** now ltm
    Hello, well, I have a problem on the pre3 on the newest version 0.60 with reverting to the original theme since installing enlightened.black.and.white freezed my phone. Now it takes years to install without any changes. Please help. Could anybody post a default theme package for pre3?
    PS: How I could upload the log on the pre in the browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanuk View Post
    Hello, well, I have a problem on the pre3 on the newest version 0.60 with reverting to the original theme since installing enlightened.black.and.white freezed my phone. Now it takes years to install without any changes. Please help. Could anybody post a default theme package for pre3?
    PS: How I could upload the log on the pre in the browser?
    The error log is located in /media/internal called webos-themes.log.

I did have some reversion issues as well; but after multiple attempts to return to default it finally did. I am attempting sconix's black and white again right now (Pre3).
    Been spinning its wheels for at least 9 minutes now.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    OK, back on my mac, here is the log. I have tried several times to reverts to the genuine theme, but it does not work ;-(
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xanuk; 10/25/2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: to dumb to write correct...
    Mmmhhh, after copy the log to my mac and unmount the pre3 the original theme is back...
    Any intentions abou that?
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    The error log is located in /media/internal called webos-themes.log.

I did have some reversion issues as well; but after multiple attempts to return to default it finally did. I am attempting sconix's black and white again right now (Pre3).
    Been spinning its wheels for at least 9 minutes now.
    OK, back on my mac, here is the log. I have tried several times to reverts to the genuine theme, but it does not work ;-(
    There is no error, my themes have lots of images and applying it will take long. I mean long, but for me it took 8 minutes about so for some reason your phones are running slow Really can't think of why it would take much longer on your phones. There is a limit of 15 minutes when the service gets killed, maybe I need to raise that...

I guess I need to re-test applying my theme on pre3, but last time even my veer can manage the applying in 8 mins.

So you might want to test rebooting your device maybe it helps to get the speed back.

If all else fails you can always run EPR to remove the theme (and naturally all patches so may want to save installed packages list). But this should not be needed, specially if you setting default theme there is something seriously wrong with your device if it can not complete it in 15 minutes.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #146  
    Mmmhhh, after copy the log to my mac and unmount the pre3 the original theme is back...
    Any intentions abou that?
    Even if you close TM or it shows you the error after the service timeouts (15 minutes) the theme unapply process continues on the background. So it will finish eventually unless you reboot.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I would just update your saved package list in preware . Delete TM and run epr and then in preware re-install saved package list and then try TH again . This is what I did to get it to work for me . Also delete all your themes and re-download the newest versions . or what sconix said lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I would just update your saved package list in preware . Delete TM and run epr and then in preware re-install saved package list and then try TH again . This is what I did to get it to work for me . Also delete all your themes and re-download the newest versions .
    Well there really should not be need, at least that should help with the device being slow. Of course if you reboot that will help. At least the above problems are only from the fact that their device is acting slow. In normal situation installing one file takes ~2-3 seconds. My theme has about 90 files which means that theme removal of theme should take only 3-4 minutes and installing theme another 3-4 minutes. And when you are applying default theme the the time is always only for the removal of the theme so 3-4 minutes.

So I have no idea how this 3-4 minutes can go to 15 minutes or more when the service timeouts if the device is working normally. I am now making couple test runs on my Pre3 to see that nothing has not changed after I did these tests the last time.

And yes my device are not even overclocked so thats why I put the timeout to 15 minutes since I can not see how it coulde go over the 10 minutes even.

EDIT: actually the install after removing is less that 3-4 minutes since it uses cached values so it should be half of that, but lets see what times my new test runs produces...
    Last edited by sconix; 10/25/2011 at 02:03 PM.
    Still waiting on my error log to show up! LOL
    However, TM 0.6 runs just fine using Michote's or Garrett's themes; changes are made very quickly. Sconix massive theme seems to cause my Pre3 to hang and eventually time out; especially when I try to combine the sconix with elements of either Garrett's or Michote's theme.

Gonna try JUST to use the sconix app icons with default webos and see what happens.
  10.    #150  
    Still waiting on my error log to show up! LOL
    However, TM 0.6 runs just fine using Michote's or Garrett's themes; changes are made very quickly. Sconix massive theme seems to cause my Pre3 to hang and eventually time out; especially when I try to combine the sconix with elements of either Garrett's or Michote's theme.

Gonna try JUST to use the sconix app icons with default webos and see what happens.
    Wait what your device even hangs when applying my theme? Mine is fully responsive, are you running out of memory for some reason? Can you test rebooting and applying after. Well maybe first wait that I finish my test runs to verify that nothing has changed since my last tests.

One third comes from the app icons in my themes so if you leave out that it speeds up a lot, the reason is the calendar icon which has 32 files

EDIT: It seems that its now taking longer for me as well, so maybe I have accidentally changed something..will do some optimizing for next version.
  11.    #151  
    So it seems that there is some slow down in the theme apply process, so my massive theme can take even 10 minutes to get remove / installed which can make total of 20 mins if you are re-applying my theme.

So with current version you might get an error after 15 mins just ignore it and wait without rebooting the device and the theme apply process will finish at some point. Next release has more optimizations for the apply process, my aim has been that at most 5 minutes is taken on Veer with my theme which should mean 2-3 minutes on TP etc. Last time I did the tests (long time a go) that time mark was achieved, it seems that I have changes something and its now taking much longer

EDIT: ok found the error, I have accidentally produced a bug that causes the theme applying process take longer and longer and longer every time TM is started will release a fix soon so hold on those theme applying for a bit... For example in the clean setup only 60 files are scanned, at the moment my emulator already scannes 16000 will add clearing of the cache file so it does not keep growing and growing

EDIT2: after fix remove from my theme went from 12 mins to 2,5 mins on my pre3

EDIT3: pushed 0.6.6 out, should show up soon that should apply my theme under 5 minutes...
    Last edited by sconix; 10/25/2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Awesome sconix!! I knew something was going awry but could not figure it out.
    Will let my current attempt finish; then fire up the preware and get 0.6.6!

Edit: Well, now I cannot uninstall sconix's theme! LOL I select the default webos theme, wait, luna restart: still have sconix's icons. Remove sconix's theme; select default theme, apply, wait, luna restart...STILL have sconix's icons!

Edit 2: Still have sconix's icons. Seems like these are now considered default webos! DOH! Trying to figure out what went wrong.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 10/25/2011 at 03:53 PM.
  13.    #153  
    Awesome sconix!! I knew something was going awry but could not figure it out.
    Will let my current attempt finish; then fire up the preware and get 0.6.6!

Edit: Well, now I cannot uninstall sconix's theme! LOL I select the default webos theme, wait, luna restart: still have sconix's icons. Remove sconix's theme; select default theme, apply, wait, luna restart...STILL have sconix's icons!

Edit 2: Still have sconix's icons. Seems like these are now considered default webos! DOH! Trying to figure out what went wrong.
    Something has interrupted the removing process then, well EPR should be able to restore everything.
    this is awesome. I wonder if a tutorial or video will be available on how to use all the features. Just a thought. Great work as always. Enyo looks dope btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Something has interrupted the removing process then, well EPR should be able to restore everything.
    EPR did not restore it.
    Still have michote's quick launch and sconix icons.
  16.    #156  
    EPR did not restore it.
    Still have michote's quick launch and sconix icons.
    Please send me webos-themes.log so I can see what has happened. At least I tested that EPR will remove the modified files, so really I am interested to see what has removed the backup files since that should not happen in any situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Please send me webos-themes.log so I can see what has happened. At least I tested that EPR will remove the modified files, so really I am interested to see what has removed the backup files since that should not happen in any situation.
    Sending to your gmail account.
    Seems like I had an EPR problem too. Preware shows patches have been removed; yet running saved package list indicates that patches are still applied!

I think my doctor's phone is ringing! LOL
    Anyone have some themes to try? All of garretts look the same and I can't download from sconix's box.net account directly to the touchpad. :-/

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Anyone have some themes to try? All of garretts look the same and I can't download from sconix's box.net account directly to the touchpad. :-/

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The is dropbox links that work couple posts back, also there has been one more theme posted here. But TM compatible themes are just coming, and once Jason finishes the new theme builder I am sure there will be much more
  20.    #160  
    Sending to your gmail account.
    Seems like I had an EPR problem too. Preware shows patches have been removed; yet running saved package list indicates that patches are still applied!

I think my doctor's phone is ringing! LOL
    Ok that makes sense, I haven't yet looked into EPR, but I suspect there might be some bug since sometimes something like this happens to users, but since I haven't had need to run EPR never its something that I will do once I get some extra time
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast