Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    I posted before about the issue I had with installing themes. Since, I did a 3.0.4 doctor. Now when I try applying a theme with 0.5.1 everything gets installed except the launcher background which gets transparent. Any idea what's going on?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    - AR
    @AR_ on Twitter
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I started porting my theme Dark Glass today, and I really love this new theme-format.
    @sconix would it be possible to add Bootlogo (/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5/hp-logo[-bright].png) as a theme component?
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    I started porting my theme Dark Glass today, and I really love this new theme-format.
    @sconix would it be possible to add Bootlogo (/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5/hp-logo[-bright].png) as a theme component?
    Ah sure its possible, will add it for this next release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    geekpeter likes this.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    I posted before about the issue I had with installing themes. Since, I did a 3.0.4 doctor. Now when I try applying a theme with 0.5.1 everything gets installed except the launcher background which gets transparent. Any idea what's going on?

So first can you tell me what theme? Then can you email me the webos-themes.log (should show up in the attachement selection) to scorpio.iix at gmail.com.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    So first can you tell me what theme? Then can you email me the webos-themes.log (should show up in the attachement selection) to scorpio.iix at gmail.com.

Nevermind, I found the issue. It was a problem with the pumpkin light theme, cause the cerrulean one did install..
    Thx..

Ow, btw, ur pre3 black and white gives an error, either broken zip or didn't contain a tm comp. theme...

- AR
    @AR_ on Twitter
  6.    #106  
    I updated my themes with couple small fixes and added metadata to them. So you can get the 1.1.0 versions again here.

These versions need the 0.5.5 version of TM to be able to install them, which I will release today. Or you can install them with the current version if you just rename the zip to not have the -<device>_version part in the zip name. The new version knows how to parse different zip names bit better.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/24/2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You need to have enyo installed, and at the moment you can get it by updating the maps app from the catalog.
    Aaha, that explains it. So practically, if i want to theme with this app i need to get rid of googlemaps?

Ive read some posts about bing deleting Gmaps on the phone, i just dont want that.

Guess ill have to pass
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    Aaha, that explains it. So practically, if i want to theme with this app i need to get rid of googlemaps?

Ive read some posts about bing deleting Gmaps on the phone, i just dont want that.

Guess ill have to pass
    Yes at least for now it means that, not sure if there is already way to keep the google maps, although I must say that I don't see why anybody wants that. Its not like I don't like google maps much more that bing maps, but the bing maps apps is anyway many times better than the google maps app which was basically worse than the web page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    I read some posts about bing deleting Gmaps on the phone, i just don't want that.

Guess ill have to pass
    You do know that Google's contract with HP is going to expire soon? Then google maps won't work any more.
    Updated to TM 0.5.5 today and it's no longer working correctly on my Pre3 or Touchpad. It doesn't see my installed themes and it thinks the current theme is the "default webos theme" when it's not. The only themes I have installed on both are Garrett's glass themes.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Updated to TM 0.5.5 today and it's no longer working correctly on my Pre3 or Touchpad. It doesn't see my installed themes and it thinks the current theme is the "default webos theme" when it's not. The only themes I have installed on both are Garrett's glass themes.
    Maybe some typo slipped in that in some situation kills the loading of themes. I will check this tomorrow before I push out 0.6.0. Now I need some sleep. In the mean time if you can send me your messages log after starting Theme Manager it would help (email to: scorpio.iix at gmail.com). Its not needed but can help.
    yep theme manager wont even open for me now !? just getting the circle of death and then it just closes . ?? would it be possible to have the app to check for and auto install the default theme upon the first open ? or to have the default theme included so you can change it back , just in case the app goes haywire like this lol ... just asking lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update and the bootlogo component.

Here's the link to my first TM-theme
    org.michote.dark-glass-pre3.zip
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yep theme manager wont even open for me now !? just getting the circle of death and then it just closes . ?? would it be possible to have the app to check for and auto install the default theme upon the first open ? or to have the default theme included so you can change it back , just in case the app goes haywire like this lol ... just asking lol
    Odd, the 0.5.5 works for me on all my devices, so not sure what is going on. Specially have no idea why the app would close, never seen that happen...

Anyway don't worry about the theme, the applied theme is safe all the time even the app won't work.

EDIT: can you try re-installing since if the app really closes by itself it has to be something like files missing etc. I even installed the 0.5.5 in a fresh setup and it still works...
    Last edited by sconix; 10/25/2011 at 05:22 AM.
    Updated to 5.5 today, was able to ge1t back to the touchpad default theme, but it won't allow me to select any others. Only files I have are 4 from the original set you uploaded . .

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Updated to 5.5 today, was able to ge1t back to the touchpad default theme, but it won't allow me to select any others. Only files I have are 4 from the original set you uploaded . .

So you are seeing the installed themes, but the you can not select them or?
  17.    #117  
    Thanks to Jos I got logs and the bug is in the themes scanning when new components are added. The next release 0.6.0 which is out in couple of hours should fix the problem. The bug only presents itself if you had a custom theme thats why I did not catch it in the testing.

And there is no need to change to default theme or anything else when the app is not working, TM is build in a way that the applied theme will stay even if the app goes haywire or is unintalled etc. So as soon as the app starts properly again you will see your current configuration and everything works (at least in theory, this is beta after all ).
    Always a pleasure

And glad to see lumberjack be of real use for once. It's a really well done app btw !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Ok so now all we do is add zipped themes to the downloads folder or not ? Do we unpak them to .theme folder still or downloads folder? I'm lost now lol . I've just been opening the zip and draging the folder over to themes and that does not seems to work . It did in the first build anyways .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Ok so now all we do is add zipped themes to the downloads folder or not ? Do we unpak them to .theme folder still or downloads folder? I'm lost now lol .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    No need for the manual unpacking anymore, the install themes menu action works on all devices now. At the moment it can only look for themes from downloads folder, but later versions will add full featured file picker where you can browse to anywhere you want.