Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so um this TM rocks . Now if I knew how to build themes lol or if someone else was building them ! I did donate last week to say thanks !
    Thanks for the donation I really appreciate them since my financial situation is a mess at this moment since still no job

Trust me making themes is now very easy You really should see the wiki and make one
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #82  
    So I ended up making own custom file picker which shows only zip files from downloads directory. It lets you pick multiple files at once for installation. This new file picker is used for both tablet and phones in the next 0.5.0 version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so um this TM rocks . Now if I knew how to build themes lol or if someone else was building them ! I did donate last week to say thanks !
    Turtle Theme!!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  4.    #84  
    You can find my theme for pre/pre2/pre3/veer/touchpad here. The touchpad one is still missing menus and lock screen changes, but will add them at some point and update the package.

I have lost track of some of the stuff I use in my theme so if someone recognizes their work please let me know. Mainly the icons are the ones that I am not fully sure about their original maker.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/23/2011 at 02:39 PM.
    anyway to download those directly to the pre3? The stupid browser won't do it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So I ended up making own custom file picker which shows only zip files from downloads directory. It lets you pick multiple files at once for installation.
    The ability to select multiple files is very good. Thanks for this and your other great work. There is one request I have regarding the Theme Manager, it would be nice if one could set/select the folder to search for theme zip files. Also, if possible. It would be nice to be able to download the themes straight from and into the Theme Manager.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I updated to 0.5.0, and it says that I'm using the stock theme (I'm not), and does not give me the option to select any other themes, although it does see the themes I had previously installed... Weird.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The ability to select multiple files is very good. Thanks for this and your other great work. There is one request I have regarding the Theme Manager, it would be nice if one could set/select the folder to search for theme zip files. Also, if possible. It would be nice to be able to download the themes straight from and into the Theme Manager.
    Well the file selector is just a first version, there will more feature rich selector in the later versions don't worry

The ability to get themes directly to TM will come, when we get to agree what is the delivery method. But nothing prevents themes being installed via ipk:s etc.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I updated to 0.5.0, and it says that I'm using the stock theme (I'm not), and does not give me the option to select any other themes, although it does see the themes I had previously installed... Weird.

Well that just means that the cookie has been deleted for some reason. The app stores the current theme setup in a cookie (its separate from the actual situation in the system). So you can just re-construct your theme and re-apply it to be sure that the system is in "sync".
    Yeah, that's the problem, though, I can't select any of the themes that are in the list, the select button is greyed out.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yeah, that's the problem, though, I can't select any of the themes that are in the list, the select button is greyed out.

Ah in that case the current theme should revert to Default since there is no supported theme versions. Is the device or version info of the themes showing as red? The button should only be functional if the device / version is supported. There is most likely then a bug in the device / version detection or the themes have wrong info.

So what is your webOS version and device? And what is the device / version info that you see for the themes that have the button grayed out?
    Just installed the beta on my pre3 and tp, along with Garrett's themes. Awesome, worked the first time on both.

only problem I had was scrolling the unzip select file box. It was a little weird.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    This Is great, thank you!

I'm having some issues will some .zip files. I downloaded your touchpad theme from my touchpad. When I attempted to install it with your Theme Manager I get an error say that it maybe missing something.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Your links for "Garrett92C" themes all installed fine!

Thank you!
    Got the beta version from the beta feeds, but the app doesnt finish to load (card loading). Is there anything i need to do before installing this app (ie. uninstalling any theme i have)?

I am using a german veer and used a zip theme installed via WOSQI (ver 3.15, which still had this option) and then started to manually replace some images. Did i do something wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    Got the beta version from the beta feeds, but the app doesnt finish to load (card loading). Is there anything i need to do before installing this app (ie. uninstalling any theme i have)?

I am using a german veer and used a zip theme installed via WOSQI (ver 3.15, which still had this option) and then started to manually replace some images. Did i do something wrong?
    You need to have enyo installed, and at the moment you can get it by updating the maps app from the catalog.
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Just installed the beta on my pre3 and tp, along with Garrett's themes. Awesome, worked the first time on both.

only problem I had was scrolling the unzip select file box. It was a little weird.
    There seems to be some problem with the scroller, will fix and release an update.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    This Is great, thank you!

I'm having some issues will some .zip files. I downloaded your touchpad theme from my touchpad. When I attempted to install it with your Theme Manager I get an error say that it maybe missing something.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Your links for "Garrett92C" themes all installed fine!

Thank you!
    Ah by adding the version in the zip I broke the install, I will need to update the install to disrecard the version info in the zip package. Update coming
    So I ended up activating Alpha channels just to be able to test your app, and I have to say thanks since it works as expected and is kind of well designed.

2 little things thoug:

- I tried to pick a zip file from your theme to install it and the picker didn't find it even though it was in the download folder. I ended up unziping it manually via xterm in the appropriate folder and now it is displayed in the themes showcase.

- Maybe you should find a way to jump directly to a theme, cause when some of us will have like 20 themes installed, it will be very annoying to switch through the themes to find the last one !! Now it's allright, but when this app and dedicated themes will become popular, it will be otherwise I think ^^

Again, thanks for your hard work. Keep it on
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    So I ended up activating Alpha channels just to be able to test your app, and I have to say thanks since it works as expected and is kind of well designed.

2 little things thoug:

- I tried to pick a zip file from your theme to install it and the picker didn't find it even though it was in the download folder. I ended up unziping it manually via xterm in the appropriate folder and now it is displayed in the themes showcase.

- Maybe you should find a way to jump directly to a theme, cause when some of us will have like 20 themes installed, it will be very annoying to switch through the themes to find the last one !! Now it's allright, but when this app and dedicated themes will become popular, it will be otherwise I think ^^

Again, thanks for your hard work. Keep it on
    1) Ok thats odd, it only compares that the 4 last chars in the file name matches ".zip", is there something out of the ordinary with your zip files naming?

2) Yes there will be search option for example etc. in the app later on, and something thats not yet obvious (need some way to indicate this in the UI) is that you can jump to the theme from which a component is taken by tapping the component row on the left pane (main view).
    1) well, I did name it "sconix_theme_bw_1.zip", so it ends with the good four last chars. Odd enough, I wasnt able to unzip from within my Linux install (gui, not command line) cause it said that the zip was invalid. Though it worked with unzip in tp's xterm! Can't say more, but it was only one file. Didn't try with more...

2) That's anice option to be able to jump to the theme from which a component was taken ! Really nice!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast