Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    I just found this today, thank you, worked like a charm Pretty easy to get going, haven't encountered any issues, mind you, I've only tried it once with one of Garrett's glass themes. Will mess around with more later.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Now that I figured out how to unzip from the Pre3 command line on device; no need for connecting to the PC.

Will give it a go now!

EDIT:
    d/l two different GES colors; applied aspects of each, luna restart..presto...double rainbow! Totally sweet.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 10/19/2011 at 03:07 PM.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Trying to find instructions to do this on pre3 since file picker isnt working. Have a link I should to look to?
    I am using Xecutah/Xterm as SDLTerminal etc do not work on the Pre3.

Here are the basic zip/unzip commands I followed for on device.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2599781

Essentially, I moved the ZIP file into the .themes folder on the USB partition using Internalz;
    then at the command line; I changed directory to the .themes folder; then
    I unzip the file within that folder (do not use -d flag)
    if executed correctly, the XTerm will show the output.

Reopen theme manager, hit the folder at the bottom...voila!
    For Pre3 it works like a charm. TouchPad was reporting "Unknown Service Error - Service not responding or unknown response was returned!" Now I know this was because of the wrong Theme Version number. Maybe you want to specify this error report a little bit ;-) After deleting all old themes it works also on TouchPad as before!

Only one thing. The file dialog at the TouchPad display only 6 files and there is no indication that there might be more file - no scollbar or other indication. May be a scrollbar or a file counter can be displayed if there are more than 6 files.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiplPhy View Post
    For Pre3 it works like a charm. TouchPad was reporting "Unknown Service Error - Service not responding or unknown response was returned!" Now I know this was because of the wrong Theme Version number. Maybe you want to specify this error report a little bit ;-) After deleting all old themes it works also on TouchPad as before!

Only one thing. The file dialog at the TouchPad display only 6 files and there is no indication that there might be more file - no scollbar or other indication. May be a scrollbar or a file counter can be displayed if there are more than 6 files.
    Yes, better error reporting is coming in the next version

The file dialog is a enyo widget so I have no control over it. Or what I mean sure I could change it but the "fix" really should be on enyo side.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Installed TM today on my TP and this error is really confusing .

The Filedialog shows all the zip-files from my save/restore-folder. Would it be possible to prevent showing file from this folder?

Anyway. Very nice app. I'll start to port my Dark Glass Theme to it soon ...
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post

The Filedialog shows all the zip-files from my save/restore-folder. Would it be possible to prevent showing file from this folder?

I am not seeing a way to limit the files shown in the file picker. It would be nice to be able to set a directory from where to display, but at least I am not aware of how to do such a thing.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Yes, better error reporting is coming in the next version

The file dialog is a enyo widget so I have no control over it. Or what I mean sure I could change it but the "fix" really should be on enyo side.
    I know the problem for phones, or better I understand what you write above. What I mean the size of the picker on TouchPad is exactly so, that 6 files are shown and you have no idea wether there are more files until you tried to scroll. May be if you change the size so that 5,5 files are shown, everybody would try to scroll. Or something like this. Only a design change to indicate there might be more files man, just try to scroll.. ;-)
    so;.. have i missed some documentation somewhere on actually creating themes?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    If you have a full theme, in a zip file, you can open it up with this app and pick and choose what you want to apply. Other than the few themes provided in this thread, I don't really know where to look.....(Cue the "Let me Google that for you....")

There's 2000+ themes available in Preware, but I'm not sure how to download them without installing them, or if that's even possible.

I think I'm going to have a little looky-loo and see if I can't find some sources for them.

Ok so if you go to main page Pre|Central, beside Forums link, there's Theme's.....that was easy

Hmm, installed the awesomexD_5.zip theme, and it doesn't show up as being installed. I really just wanted the icons, back to scratching my head.
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/20/2011 at 06:14 AM.
    @sconix
    Working like a charm.
    Btw, if you want the app to be translated to German, feel free to ping me via twitter (@tklr) and shoot me the strings.

T.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post

I am not seeing a way to limit the files shown in the file picker. It would be nice to be able to set a directory from where to display, but at least I am not aware of how to do such a thing.
    Is there anyway to get an ipk for the cobalt theme? I think the alpha and beta feeds are a lil too advanced for me.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Is there anyway to get an ipk for the cobalt theme? I think the alpha and beta feeds are a lil too advanced for me.
    Just so that you know that using those old themes (i.e. none TM formatted themes) is more riskier than using this alpha/beta app Since they don't play nice with patches or with OTA updates etc.

Anyway this app should make it to public feed after next week...
    After taking a peak at how Garrett made his TM-compatible themes and reviewing the content's of michote's zip/theme from prethemer; the difference is really in organization.

The .json file (which for example, is not present in michote's file at the moment, just the xml file) is the 'traffic cop' for installing the theme. That file tells TM which path/file to change and where to find the replacement image.

I would go to prethemer; and d/l the theme you are interested in as a zip (which is an option). Explore that zip versus Garrett's template/model.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If you have a full theme, in a zip file, you can open it up with this app and pick and choose what you want to apply. Other than the few themes provided in this thread, I don't really know where to look.....(Cue the "Let me Google that for you....")

There's 2000+ themes available in Preware, but I'm not sure how to download them without installing them, or if that's even possible.

I think I'm going to have a little looky-loo and see if I can't find some sources for them.

Ok so if you go to main page Pre|Central, beside Forums link, there's Theme's.....that was easy

Hmm, installed the awesomexD_5.zip theme, and it doesn't show up as being installed. I really just wanted the icons, back to scratching my head.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    so;.. have i missed some documentation somewhere on actually creating themes?
    Well the info is coming into the wiki, but for now you can open one of the Garretts theme and have a look. There should be new release of Jason's theme builder coming this weekend that has support for creating themes for Theme Manager. I haven't yet talked with him if there would be possible to make the app open the old xml format themes and then it would just require you to add the new info that is needed and then you could save the theme in the TM format. Well lets first have a version that can create TM themes

Just remember this is all at alpha / beta stage at the moment so not every infrastructure is there yet.
  19.    #79  
    I will release 0.5.0 into beta feed on Sunday evening. It will have some kind of temporary solution for the install themes in phones. Also bit more robust theme applying.

Will also by then add the info about making TM compatible themes into the wiki.

EDIT: wiki has now explanation about the theme format, let me know if more info is needed.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/21/2011 at 05:16 AM.
    so um this TM rocks . Now if I knew how to build themes lol or if someone else was building them ! I did donate last week to say thanks !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast