Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #41  
    Current release is missing dependency to unzip, if you want for the install theme menu action to work then please install unzip from preware. Next version includes it automatically and supports phones with enyo in them. I will be also testing the OTA update now so next version should be OTA safe. If you really want to test OTA functionality now then please let me know how it went

The theory is that after OTA you can just re-apply your theme, of course the theme has to have support for the new version (the current release wont check the version but next one will).

EDIT: with small updates the theme maker can just add one line into the theme to make it compatible with new webOS releases so it should be fast for theme makers to update their theme when there is no big changes in the webOS.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Aha! Installing unzip lets me install them right from the zip. Very nice.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Don't know yet if this is something that should be done or not. I.e. in a way you should keep the themes from which you use components just to remind you whose themes you are using.

I was thinking about that.... When the "new" theme is saved , it can save an additional piece of info if what the source files of the theme where, and creator of the theme and if possible a link to the original theme, so proper credit can be given for the original theme maker

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  4.    #44  
    Tomorrow I will release 0.2.0 with support for phones, I have tested it on Veer/Pre2/Pre3 and its working nicely. This version also now checks the version and device so that they match the info in the theme.json file.

Removing of themes wont make to this version, but I hope to test the OTA and fix if any problems for this version. Also I will be optimizing the theme applying time more, but not sure if that makes into 0.2.0 version.

EDIT: the install theme wont work on phone atm. thanks to the enyo file picker being broken on phones, so in phones the only way to install themes is manually at the moment. Will look if I could make a patch to fix the file picker...
    Last edited by sconix; 10/18/2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    It could be a good idea to create a place on the web where compatible themes can be found. PreThemer website makes it difficult to find Touchpad optimized themes, not to mention Veer ones !!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Don't know yet if this is something that should be done or not. I.e. in a way you should keep the themes from which you use components just to remind you whose themes you are using.
    Besides, this is the reason why many stoped creating themes for WebOS. A lot of users just took the images from a couple of themes and claimed as theirs, or never gave credit to the original authors. Other than that, it could be an useful feature for theme development too...
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    It could be a good idea to create a place on the web where compatible themes can be found. PreThemer website makes it difficult to find Touchpad optimized themes, not to mention Veer ones !!
    I hope that we have some common place for TM compatible themes once this goes public.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    Besides, this is the reason why many stoped creating themes for WebOS. A lot of users just took the images from a couple of themes and claimed as theirs, or never gave credit to the original authors. Other than that, it could be an useful feature for theme development too...
    This is why I am not that keen on adding saving of the custom theme as new theme, since its not like having those few themes installed will take that much space. In any case I wanted to have the component system just because of this, at least I hope it reduces the need to make your own theme by "stealing" work from others since you can leave out the parts of the theme you don't like and take them from some other theme. The later versions will have a donation link possibilities for theme makers and hopefully the need for updated for the theme makes people donate at least small sums so they can keep receiving the updates for the themes they are using.
    With version 3.0.4 it also works normal. With unzip it installs the theme out of the zip file, great!. My be it would be good to add a button to restart Luna manually by accidentally dismissing the restart Luna now Button
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiplPhy View Post
    With version 3.0.4 it also works normal. With unzip it installs the theme out of the zip file, great!. My be it would be good to add a button to restart Luna manually by accidentally dismissing the restart Luna now Button
    Ok, will add restart luna action into the menu for next release.

EDIT: Just added this and theme removing into 0.2.0 version, now I start the OTA testing and after done will push this into the alpha feed. Garret should have couple phone compatible themes by then ready as well.

EDIT2: The 0.2.0 version will also support showing donation links if theme creator has provided one, and also shows the webOS versions that the theme supports.

EDIT3: If no problems are reported with the 0.2.0 then this will go into beta feed this weekend...so please test the 0.2.0 and report back.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/19/2011 at 06:36 AM.
  11.    #51  
    Just preparing for the 0.2.0 release (which you need to run TM in phones), here I will update the links to Garrets themes.

Glass Effect Suite (Black) for Pre3
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21803890/the...3-cerulean.zip
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21803890/the...re3-cherry.zip
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21803890/the...re3-cobalt.zip
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21803890/the...re3-forest.zip
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21803890/the...-pre3-plum.zip
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21803890/the...e3-pumpkin.zip

Don't try these with the TM 0.1.0! It does not do device / version checking, but the 0.2.0 release which is out today will.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/19/2011 at 09:07 AM.
    look forward to alpha testing for pre3!
    Two questions:
    - before installing TM should I uninstall current pre3 theme via preware?
    - can exisiting 2.X themes (such as carbonos) also be installed via TM if not yet 'converted' ?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    look forward to alpha testing for pre3!
    Two questions:
    - before installing TM should I uninstall current pre3 theme via preware?
    - can exisiting 2.X themes (such as carbonos) also be installed via TM if not yet 'converted' ?
    You should uninstall any themes that are not installed by TM before applying theme with TM, so you can install the app but to use it its recommended to remove the theme since TM is not aware of any existing themes.

At the moment no, none TM supported themes can not be installed. I am thinking of either adding support for legacy themes or making small convertor or import functionality etc. Not yet sure which way I go. The problem with the legacy themes is that there is no proper way to determine to which device / versions etc. they are so I am hesitant to add support for them.
    Understood re: legacy themes
    Thanks sconix!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  15.    #55  
    Version 0.2.0 should show up soon in the alpha apps feed. Enjoy and as usual report any problems or even a success stories

The next release will hopefully go into beta feed, and only changes most likely will be more informative error reporting.

I tested this version with Veer (2.1.1), Pre2 (2.1.0), Pre3 (2.2.0) and with TP. Also did preliminary tests with possible OTA update situation and found one problem if theme has patches and fixed that. So as far as I know the theme will re-apply even after an OTA.
    I tested on both my Pre3 and TouchPad.

I was able to install on the Pre 3 without any problems. Tried applying a couple of themes and reverting to original, all went well.

On my TouchPad I had some issues. Themes were applied, except from the launcher background and the background of the bottom quick launch bar in closed state.
    They launcher background turned transparent.

I have to say though, I had an issue with my TouchPad during upgrade. It upgraded automatically, while the Glass effects theme was installed, the non OTA compatible one. I had a small twitter conversation with you (therealsconix) and Garett about it. I don't know if others have the same problems, could be that the launcher was effected after all.
    - AR
    @AR_ on Twitter
    sconix: Did the install function for phones get fixed for version 0.2? Or is it still a manual process for phones?

I am trying to install the GES theme for pre3 and placed the ZIP file in the .theme folder but its not being seen?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    If i have time (working on 3 projects) I'll see if i can make a new site that will work better with all devices.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    I tested on both my Pre3 and TouchPad.

I was able to install on the Pre 3 without any problems. Tried applying a couple of themes and reverting to original, all went well.

On my TouchPad I had some issues. Themes were applied, except from the launcher background and the background of the bottom quick launch bar in closed state.
    They launcher background turned transparent.

I have to say though, I had an issue with my TouchPad during upgrade. It upgraded automatically, while the Glass effects theme was installed, the non OTA compatible one. I had a small twitter conversation with you (therealsconix) and Garett about it. I don't know if others have the same problems, could be that the launcher was effected after all.
    I would be suprised if you would not have left overs from the theme. At least in theory there should be with old themes after OTA.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    sconix: Did the install function for phones get fixed for version 0.2? Or is it still a manual process for phones?

I am trying to install the GES theme for pre3 and placed the ZIP file in the .theme folder but its not being seen?
    The bug is in enyo. The file picker is not working on phones for some reason. So I can not fix it on TM side, I would need to find the problem in enyo and do a patch or something. So for now its manual installing on phones.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast