Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    is there a chance of a advanced user override just for stuff like pictures/images, but not jscript type files, at least that would help with boot logo's alone.
    Why would you like to mess up your system even more? The correct way is to fix the system and then TM will work. There wont be option in AUSMT that will allow user to mess up the system. The problem is not overriding the picture, that could be always forced, but then AUSMT would not know when to restore the file and when not, i.e. user would not be able to restore the system into original state so hence that kind of option wont never exist. Just run the AUSMT recovery it should fix the file into original state if not then just replace it manually with original file.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Need help with TM. Installed TM no problems downloaded a theme from preware, installed the theme wothout a problem. Now I want to go back to the original Pre2 theme showing up in TM pressing select this theme, but all of the theme does not show up on the main screen pressing apply current theme then asks to do a Luna restart. Pressing Yes and nothings changed when the phone is done booting. How to solvethis issue?
    BR
    Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    Need help with TM. Installed TM no problems downloaded a theme from preware, installed the theme wothout a problem. Now I want to go back to the original Pre2 theme showing up in TM pressing select this theme, but all of the theme does not show up on the main screen pressing apply current theme then asks to do a Luna restart. Pressing Yes and nothings changed when the phone is done booting. How to solvethis issue?
    BR
    Beca
    There are no TM themes available in Preware. If you have installed a theme from preware then to get it uninstalled you need to uninstall it from Preware.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There are no TM themes available in Preware. If you have installed a theme from preware then to get it uninstalled you need to uninstall it from Preware.
    Thanks
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    I only have the Dark Glass and PalmOS Tribute themes available in TM and I can't figure out how to add more. I selected Theme Library > Re-Scan All themes and Install New Themes, but I don't get new ones. How do I gain access to all of the available themes for Touchpad? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler48 View Post
    I only have the Dark Glass and PalmOS Tribute themes available in TM and I can't figure out how to add more. I selected Theme Library > Re-Scan All themes and Install New Themes, but I don't get new ones. How do I gain access to all of the available themes for Touchpad? Thanks!
    Find the posted themes here on the forums, download their zip files, put them into your USB drive, and then use the app to find them.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    So has anybody heard anything about the status of the webosnation theme gallery getting updated to be compatible with Theme Manager? I know that when TM had it's public release, Derek's Feb 6th article said "We're working on adapting our own themes gallery here at webOS Nation to be Theme Manager compatible" so I was just wondering if there was any kind of timeframe for when that would be happening?
    If you like my patches or have found them to be helpful to you, please consider donating here for the time I put into making them.
    - All my programming is done in my spare time, so any donations help motivate me to spend more of my limited time on webOS.
    Can any of the theme makers reproduce Garret's glass effects in cobalt for the veer? For the launcher bar and just type bar, tho, I wanted that the same or even more transparent (same color, colbalt-- doesn't matter) so it doesn't interfere with the wallpapers. I'd love you for life. My veer isn't sexy like my old pre. It's like its pre's younger sister who is smarter, more adept with a better personality, but ugly clothes and no makeup. Please Help!!!

[Pre3] Glass Effect Suite
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Can any of the theme makers reproduce Garret's glass effects in cobalt for the veer? For the launcher bar and just type bar, tho, I wanted that the same or even more transparent (same color, colbalt-- doesn't matter) so it doesn't interfere with the wallpapers. I'd love you for life. My veer isn't sexy like my old pre. It's like its pre's younger sister who is smarter, more adept with a better personality, but ugly clothes and no makeup. Please Help!!!

[Pre3] Glass Effect Suite
    Look up for Dark Glass .zip Theme for HP Veer on webOSNation's forum and download the filed into your Device. Use Theme Manager app to open it and select the components you want (just type and app launcher). That's what I did to have glass effect when "just typing" or in "app launcher" with my Real Madrid by gummiboi theme (sick!!!).

Question: is there a thread (in here) where theme builders list their themes into .zip format? This would be so helpful to have them installed in Theme Manager.
    im a noob at making themes and so used theme builder to create a theme of only icons, and seemed to be created fine. however when i attempt to install in theme manager i get the message:

"Failed Theme Installation

Some of the packages failed to install. The reason for this is most likely broken zip file or that zip did not contain Theme Manager compatible theme."

I restarted device and retried with same error. I will also try recreating the zip. Can someone help?

[Edit] same error when creating new zip
    Last edited by jetz; 03/23/2012 at 01:55 PM.
    Have not tried it with the Theme Builder; I have prepared the zip file manually.

Not knowing the contents of your zip file; in general the directory of your zip file should resemble something like:

org.webosinternals.simple-test-theme/
    data/
    images/
    patches/
    sounds/
    theme.json

The only mandatory item is the theme.json file.

Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Have not tried it with the Theme Builder; I have prepared the zip file manually.

Not knowing the contents of your zip file; in general the directory of your zip file should resemble something like:

org.webosinternals.simple-test-theme/
    data/
    images/
    patches/
    sounds/
    theme.json

The only mandatory item is the theme.json file.

Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals
    I think mudshark has made reference to this before (unless im going senile) and idd, when i tried theme builder i had the same issue with a theme only containing a small portion of a full theme (some crap logo's i whipped up) and in the end i did as mudshark suggests and it worked.
    I always recommend the wiki!

Especially with a template .json file to use; it makes it almost foolproof.
    Yeah...its alotta typing, editing etc.
    im not sure how to create the directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    im not sure how to create the directory.
    just make a folder thats unique to you and wont get mixed up with anything some1 else has made, the wiki also tells you as much and reccomends how to name it.

For example 1 of my logos i played around with for theme builder i named..

uk.methanoid666.enyoportraitlogo.phone

consider the first half, your ident personally, and the second the app/theme name and you cant go wrong or match a folder some1 else already has used in a different patch/theme
    Use some of the sample themes at the end of the wiki as a guide for folder structure.

Start 'small' with one icon so that you can make adjustments etc quickly. If that takes, then its just a matter of adding more script and images.

let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    just make a folder thats unique to you and wont get mixed up with anything some1 else has made, the wiki also tells you as much and reccomends how to name it.

For example 1 of my logos i played around with for theme builder i named..

uk.methanoid666.enyoportraitlogo.phone

consider the first half, your ident personally, and the second the app/theme name and you cant go wrong or match a folder some1 else already has used in a different patch/theme
    okay, i think i have got the hang of it by using the wiki and another theme as template. however when i attempt theme manager install i get bad json error message. unfortunately i cant find whats wrong in the json, so can somebody look through and help, im linking the full theme so you can check the directories match up.

to all others: DO NOT USE THIS THEME, DOES NOT WORK

Symbian-Test (3) DOES NOT WORK.zip - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    Just saw your post; did not look at file yet. Will do so and see if I can find any obvious issues.

- T
    thanks mudshark
    any luck mudshark?