Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    just got tm on my pre 2 and the only theme I can find is Palm Default...I know I'm doing something wrong, but not sure how to fix it...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Thanks all. Finally got it working; will be more intuitive now that I've done it once. Those links to the direct downloads are nice!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by Bru3184 View Post
    just got tm on my pre 2 and the only theme I can find is Palm Default...I know I'm doing something wrong, but not sure how to fix it...
    Have you loaded your theme ZIPs to the downloads folder? That’s where Theme Manager searches for the packages. And restarting your phone after installation might also help.
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Have you loaded your theme ZIPs to the downloads folder? That’s where Theme Manager searches for the packages. And restarting your phone after installation might also help.
    after loading them, you have to use Theme Manager (while in the app) from the pull down in the upper left, then choose Install New Themes. This will show the downloaded themes & let you choose which to install. After that, your themes will be available to be chosen.
    Have been wanting this for ages .. The App is Super.

At present I do not own a WebOS Phone, am hoping for a Pre 3 soon.

If ThemeManager provides option to download the Compatible Themes, let users provide Rating to the Themes, allow Sorting/Searching of Themes.
    The Appwould become Complete.

Thanks a Lot for your Awesome Work... sconix
    I had a theme installed (although I do not recall which or how or from where) but now, when using Theme Manager and applying any of the zip themes, I get an error.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Thanks all. Finally got it working; will be more intuitive now that I've done it once. Those links to the direct downloads are nice!
    Hi,

where do I find the links to the themes so that I can download them?
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince42 View Post
    Hi,

where do I find the links to the themes so that I can download them?
    Right now you can find some on the wiki page until the theme repo/feed is setup.
    Having same issue, was it resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by zubaz View Post
    I had a theme installed (although I do not recall which or how or from where) but now, when using Theme Manager and applying any of the zip themes, I get an error.

This is the error I am getting

Finding md5sum for original file
    file: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/launcher-bg.png
    Found md5sum via the packages file
    md5sum: 782f56b675a42f6abf1a534053eac221

ERROR: Additional file already exists in system
    file: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/launcher-bg.png

*** FAILED ***
    Quote Originally Posted by zubaz View Post

If the theme is still visible in TMgr, you’ll have to delete it there. After that check in media/internal/.themes if the corresponding folder was deleted. If not you’ll have to do that while TMgr is closed. Also delete the corresponding ZIP in media/internal/downloads.

That should clean things up. For reassurance restart your device. Now try again …
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    Deleted everything everywhere, removed and re-installed, still getting the error. is Internalz still around for the TP?
    I posted before you posted the error message. Is it your own theme you are trying to install? I’m not that deep in themes yet, but it might be that path information is incorrect: Looks like you are trying to install the same file as there exists already. If so, remove the file info from the JSON.
    webOS is simply fabulous

I only have 2 themes available on my tPad after using the update selection in the drop down menu. Are more available for 3.05?
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    I posted before you posted the error message. Is it your own theme you are trying to install? I’m not that deep in themes yet, but it might be that path information is incorrect: Looks like you are trying to install the same file as there exists already. If so, remove the file info from the JSON.
    Not my own theme, it looks like a file is there where it shouldn't be right now, but I can't get to it
    im getting the ...

when trying to get my pre3 bootlogo replacements to apply, the log shows all is well until theme manager actually tries to replace the current boot logo files already present with my own.

any workarounds known?

EDIT: If i tell it to install the same bootlogo (any logo) it works ok, but if i tell it to use a boot logo other than whats there already, it fails to copy.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 02/18/2012 at 02:22 PM.
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    im getting the ...

when trying to get my pre3 bootlogo replacements to apply, the log shows all is well until theme manager actually tries to replace the current boot logo files already present with my own.

any workarounds known?

EDIT: If i tell it to install the same bootlogo (any logo) it works ok, but if i tell it to use a boot logo other than whats there already, it fails to copy.
    You have left overs from failed theme uninstall, running AUSMT recovery should fix it, but if the file is left by some old none TM theme then there are no guarantees that it helps. Then your only option is to manually restore the file.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    is it a feature or a unavoidable limitation that those 2 files cant be replaced by pretty much anything? I understand that replacing say jsjsjs $code$ $and$ $the$ $likes$ $with$ &$quot$;$anything$&$quot$; $could$ $lead$ $of$ $disaster$, $but$ $the$ $bootlogo$'$s$ $are$ $just$ $pictures$, $shouldnt$ $really$ $matter$ $what$ $replaces$ $them$ $surely$? $Is$ $it$ $possible$ $to$ $have$ $theme$ $manager$ $simply$ $overwrite$ $just$ $those$ $particular$ $files$ $as$ $part$ $of$ $a$ $theme$?
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    is it a feature or a unavoidable limitation that those 2 files cant be replaced by pretty much anything? I understand that replacing say jsjsjs $code$ $and$ $the$ $likes$ $with$ &$quot$;$anything$&$quot$; $could$ $lead$ $of$ $disaster$, $but$ $the$ $bootlogo$'$s$ $are$ $just$ $pictures$, $shouldnt$ $really$ $matter$ $what$ $replaces$ $them$ $surely$? $Is$ $it$ $possible$ $to$ $have$ $theme$ $manager$ $simply$ $overwrite$ $just$ $those$ $particular$ $files$ $as$ $part$ $of$ $a$ $theme$?
    Well kinda both and neither. Its a safety feature that nothing that isn't in original state is not replaced by AUSMT since in that case it could never know when / if the files is modified or not, i.e. one could not restore the system into original state. So thats why AUSMT wont replace / modify files that are installed / left behind by unsupported methods.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well kinda both and neither. Its a safety feature that nothing that isn't in original state is not replaced by AUSMT since in that case it could never know when / if the files is modified or not, i.e. one could not restore the system into original state. So thats why AUSMT wont replace / modify files that are installed / left behind by unsupported methods.
    is there a chance of a advanced user override just for stuff like pictures/images, but not jscript type files, at least that would help with boot logo's alone.