Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    So will preware allow a ipk theme to be removed if its currently applied & apply the webOS default theme automatically? Or it won't allow the theme to be removed if its currently applied?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Sketch did you update any of your themes for 2.2.4 yet ?? If so can you give me direction to those theme manager compatible zips please ?! Thanks sir!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Sketch did you update any of your themes for 2.2.4 yet ?? If so can you give me direction to those theme manager compatible zips please ?! Thanks sir!
    Yeah I updated the pre3 palmOS its a few posts back in this thread

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Sconix: In case you were not aware; it seems that some users are reporting no webos-themes.log being generated from errors. Its been reported in two threads:

Dark Glass (TM)

webICS - An Ice Cream Sandwich style theme for HP TouchPad

Just an FYI.

- T
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Sconix: In case you were not aware; it seems that some users are reporting no webos-themes.log being generated from errors. Its been reported in two threads:

Dark Glass (TM)

webICS - An Ice Cream Sandwich style theme for HP TouchPad

Just an FYI.

- T
    Yes there is no such file anymore, I just have forgot to update the name of the file into TM. The file is webos-ausmt.log now.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I'm having problems, so I thought I might try here too:

I'm trying to install michote's "Dark Glass" theme on my Franken Pre2 with webOS 2.2.4. It's supposed to be updated for Theme Manager. I get a "Theme Applying Error" when I try to apply it. I see no <webos-themes.log> in /media/internal/ so I don't know what's going wrong. Any thoughts?

Edit: Sorry for the repeat, MudShark22 and sconix posted since I had last refreshed the thread.
    Last edited by madcow19; 01/24/2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes there is no such file anymore, I just have forgot to update the name of the file into TM. The file is webos-ausmt.log now.
    Is it somewhere besides /media/internal/? Because I don't see it there.
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    Is it somewhere besides /media/internal/? Because I don't see it there.
    The file is in /media/internal. If you don't see such file then you have nothing installed with AUSMT. If you get the error in TM and no such file exist then maybe you don't have ausmt installed, although if you have installed TM with Preware you would have got it as an dependency. If you have AUSMT installed and get the error but no log file then something really odd is going on. In this case maybe /var/log/messages file could tell what is wrong.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    The file is in /media/internal. If you don't see such file then you have nothing installed with AUSMT. If you get the error in TM and no such file exist then maybe you don't have ausmt installed, although if you have installed TM with Preware you would have got it as an dependency. If you have AUSMT installed and get the error but no log file then something really odd is going on. In this case maybe /var/log/messages file could tell what is wrong.
    You nailed it. I didn't have the AUSMT Scripts installed, but I just downloaded TM today from Preware, and it didn't list it as a dependency. FYI.

Theme installed, looks great, really great system overall. Thanks again!
  9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    You nailed it. I didn't have the AUSMT Scripts installed, but I just downloaded TM today from Preware, and it didn't list it as a dependency. FYI.

Theme installed, looks great, really great system overall. Thanks again!
    Ah of course I have forgot to add the dependency into the beta makefile, will do that now. Thanks for reporting this.
    How can I test my theme in the emulator?

I guess what I'm really asking is how to send a file to the emulators USB drive ?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I am looking into this, I might consider allowing editing of html files if there is no other way to do this. The only thing I am worried is that you can put jsjsjs $code$ $in$ $html$ $as$ $well$, $but$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $possible$ $to$ $check$ $for$ $script$ $tags$ $in$ $the$ $patch$. $So$ $I$ $will$ $at$ $least$ $allow$ $html$ $patching$ $if$ $nothing$ $else$ $works$, $so$ $stay$ $tuned$. $Next$ $version$ $should$ $have$ $some$ $solution$ ($most$ $likely$ $allowing$ $html$ $pathcing$).
    Hi sconix,

Sorry if this has been aswered yet, but I had no time to go through the whole thread.
    I want to create a theme to make the 'Just type' area invisible on my Pre3.
    This involves two things:
    1. Replace the search-pill image: works as expected.
    2. Replace (or patch) the strings.json file in the locales to replace the displayed 'Just type' string with an empty string: does not work.

I assume that, as quoted above, Theme Manager does not allow to replace (or patch) .json files.
    As I can't see how anything harmfull could be done by replacing (or patching) .json files, could you consider enabling replacing (and patching) of such files?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  12.    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi sconix,

Sorry if this has been aswered yet, but I had no time to go through the whole thread.
    I want to create a theme to make the 'Just type' area invisible on my Pre3.
    This involves two things:
    1. Replace the search-pill image: works as expected.
    2. Replace (or patch) the strings.json file in the locales to replace the displayed 'Just type' string with an empty string: does not work.

I assume that, as quoted above, Theme Manager does not allow to replace (or patch) .json files.
    As I can't see how anything harmfull could be done by replacing (or patching) .json files, could you consider enabling replacing (and patching) of such files?
    You are correct there is no harm so I can allow patching of json files for next release.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    You are correct there is no harm so I can allow patching of json files for next release.
    Thank you for your quick answer.
    It would be nice to allow replacing too.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Guys, I'm a bit lost... Cannot find Theme Manager in Preware. I'm on Pre 2 webOS 2.2.4... Even I switch all available feeds on - there is no Theme Manager.
    Any advice?
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    Guys, I'm a bit lost... Cannot find Theme Manager in Preware. I'm on Pre 2 webOS 2.2.4... Even I switch all available feeds on - there is no Theme Manager.
    Any advice?
    I couldn't find it either, until I installed the Beta feed. Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    That had version 0.9.6 on it.
    this is now in the main feeds . Coolness !!!

Are we still going to get a dedicated feed for themes or a link to a theme website or whatever ?? It would be awesome to have all the themes uploaded to one place that you can get to from TM . Just my 2 cents sry. Lol
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Been following this and was intrigued. Have Glass Effect Suite - Touchpad installed on my 3.0.5 TP, but it doesn't appear in Theme Manager, even after re-scanning library. What am I doing wrong?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  18.    #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this is now in the main feeds . Coolness !!!

Are we still going to get a dedicated feed for themes or a link to a theme website or whatever ?? It would be awesome to have all the themes uploaded to one place that you can get to from TM . Just my 2 cents sry. Lol
    Yes the themes feed is still coming afaikafaikafaik. $I$ $am$ $not$ $the$ $one$ $doing$ $it$ $so$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $provide$ $any$ $information$ $about$ $it$. $For$ $now$ $it$ $is$ $recommended$ $that$ $people$ $who$ $have$ $made$ $TM$ $compatible$ $themes$ $will$ $put$ $out$ $a$ $link$ $in$ $the$ $TM$ $wiki$ $page$.
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Been following this and was intrigued. Have Glass Effect Suite - Touchpad installed on my 3.0.5 TP, but it doesn't appear in Theme Manager, even after re-scanning library. What am I doing wrong?
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $there$ $is$ $also$ $the$ $none$ $TM$ $version$ $of$ $that$ $theme$ $available$. $So$ $if$ $you$ $have$ $installed$ $the$ $theme$ $through$ $Preware$ $I$ $am$ $quite$ $sure$ $it$ $is$ $the$ $none$ $TM$ $compatible$ $version$. $You$ $can$ $see$ $the$ $wiki$ $page$ $for$ $the$ $links$ $for$ $TM$ $compatible$ $themes$ $until$ $we$ $have$ $a$ $themes$ $feed$ $in$ $Preware$ $for$ $TM$ $themes$. $So$ $for$ $now$ $most$ $TM$ $themes$ $are$ $distributed$ $as$ $zip$ $files$ $which$ $you$ $need$ $to$ $install$ $from$ $TM$, $some$ $like$ $mine$ $TM$ $themes$ $are$ $available$ $as$ $ipk$ $files$ $which$ $can$ $be$ $installed$ $via$ $Preware$. $If$ $installing$ $a$ $theme$ $will$ $get$ $it$ $applied$ $then$ $it$ $is$ $a$ $none$ $TM$ $theme$, $the$ $TM$ $themes$ $will$ $always$ $need$ $the$ $TM$ $to$ $be$ $used$ $to$ $actually$ $apply$ $the$ $theme$ $into$ $the$ $system$.

I wanted to wait releasing of TM until we have a feed for the themes, but since its taking bit longer than I hoped I decided to go with the release to public already now. I am currently so busy that I have no time to work on the feed stuff so I have no accurate knowledge what is its status at the moment, but there should be someone working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Sounds like you're using the one from Prethemer. I highly recommend switching over to Theme Manager for all your theming needs. It's a much better system. You can find my Touchpad Glass Effect Suite themes here in this thread: [Touchpad] Glass Effect Suite
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.