Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Just want to point out that those links quoted above are outdated. You can find my current themes in these two threads:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-new-post.html
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-new-post.html
    Cool thanks garrett, Wiki Updated
    Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals
    (Thanks Rod for editing privilages I'll not abuse them )
    Tried to install Theme Manager but got an error:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.thememanager_0.9.2_all.ipk
    Package dependencies not satisfied
    Please help to resolve the problem.
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Tried to install Theme Manager but got an error:

Please help to resolve the problem.
    You must have the normal app feed disabled. TM only depends to lsdiff, patch and unzip packages which all should be in the normal apps feed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #404  
    There will be new Theme Manager release soon, it will first go into alpha-apps feed and once I (hopefully) hear couple success reports I will move it into beta-apps. This new release will make Theme Manager use AUSMT. So if there are alpha testers out there please when you see TM update in the alpha-apps feed update to it and let me know if you were able to re-apply your current theme. I will notify here and in twitter once the release is out.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There will be new Theme Manager release soon, it will first go into alpha-apps feed and once I (hopefully) hear couple success reports I will move it into beta-apps. This new release will make Theme Manager use AUSMT. So if there are alpha testers out there please when you see TM update in the alpha-apps feed update to it and let me know if you were able to re-apply your current theme. I will notify here and in twitter once the release is out.
    Is TM v0.9.2 revised to work with AUSMT? That is what I am currently using for Glass Effect Suite on 3.0.5. If not I will remove and wait for the most current version to be released in the public feeds.

Please advise.

Thanks!
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Is TM v0.9.2 revised to work with AUSMT? That is what I am currently using for Glass Effect Suite on 3.0.5. If not I will remove and wait for the most current version to be released in the public feeds.

Please advise.

Thanks!
    The current TM should work just fine with AUSMT as it does with old AUPT stuff. So all the currently used patching technologies are designed to work together (AUSMT,AUPT,TM). After we have completed the move to AUSMT then we will drop the support for AUPT/old TM. AUSMT will allow us to centrally update the patching technology which allows making fixes / adding more features in very easy way compared to the current situation. So you can keep on using the current version, just remember once you move to 0.9.5 it is recommended to re-apply your theme. This way the configuration files will get updated.
    The current TM should work just fine with AUSMT as it does with old AUPT stuff. So all the currently used patching technologies are designed to work together (AUSMT,AUPT,TM). After we have completed the move to AUSMT then we will drop the support for AUPT/old TM. AUSMT will allow us to centrally update the patching technology which allows making fixes / adding more features in very easy way compared to the current situation. So you can keep on using the current version, just remember once you move to 0.9.5 it is recommended to re-apply your theme. This way the configuration files will get updated.
    Thanks for the quick response and hard work you're doing. Donation on it's way
  8.    #408  
    Theme Manager 0.9.5 is now in the alpha-apps feed, please if you install it let me know here if the re-applying of your theme went without any problems (naturally also report if you had any problems). This should be fairly straightforward update and there should not be problems but you never know. I can only move this release into beta-apps after I here couple success stories.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Re-applying of my themes went fine here with TM 0.9.5 on TP and Veer.

Installing after AUSMT Recovery Basic on TP also went fine. Aplying the the theme, also seems to befaster than before ...
    Last edited by michote; 01/23/2012 at 07:07 AM.
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    Theme Manager 0.9.5 is now in the alpha-apps feed, please if you install it let me know here if the re-applying of your theme went without any problems (naturally also report if you had any problems). This should be fairly straightforward update and there should not be problems but you never know. I can only move this release into beta-apps after I here couple success stories.
    Worked for me. Uninstalled Carbon, luna reboot. installed 0.9.5 and dependency. Installed carbon, luna reboot.

I know TM won't duplicate Preware, so no in TM theme downloads. What is a better way then? download .ipk and install with TM?
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    also seems to befaster than before ...
    Agree on this one, seems faster to me too.
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Worked for me. Uninstalled Carbon, luna reboot. installed 0.9.5 and dependency. Installed carbon, luna reboot.

I know TM won't duplicate Preware, so no in TM theme downloads. What is a better way then? download .ipk and install with TM?
    There is work being done to get themes feed, so yes thats the plan that with distributed themes you install them through Preware so that you can easily update the themes when there are updates. And then after the theme packages have been updated you only hit apply in TM to get the updated theme in use. The zip support is not going anywhere it is there to have means to install themes made by yourself or for theme distribution outside of the "official" feeds etc. So there is no need to uninstall the theme in TM first and then install new, you can just hit apply to "refresh" the theme. Should have worked for this update as well but it is good to here people doing different things so I know that everything works.
  13.    #413  
    Agree on this one, seems faster to me too.
    Well it should not be at least not much, unless there was bug in the old TM scripts which is of course possible. I can only start adding proper changes to make the process faster after AUSMT has fully replaced AUPT.
    Well it should not be at least not much, unless there was bug in the old TM scripts which is of course possible. I can only start adding proper changes to make the process faster after AUSMT has fully replaced AUPT.
    the app menu seemed to pull down faster, and generally more responsive. maybe i'm dreaming...
    There is work being done to get themes feed, so yes thats the plan that with distributed themes you install them through Preware so that you can easily update the themes when there are updates. And then after the theme packages have been updated you only hit apply in TM to get the updated theme in use. The zip support is not going anywhere it is there to have means to install themes made by yourself or for theme distribution outside of the "official" feeds etc. So there is no need to uninstall the theme in TM first and then install new, you can just hit apply to "refresh" the theme. Should have worked for this update as well but it is good to here people doing different things so I know that everything works.
    Sorry if i'm missing something... I guess i was hoping that TM would allow installing a bunch of themes, then mix/match/apply however you wanted to. For example, install several themes from Preware and then browse through them in TM. What will be different about the Theme feed from the precentral-themes or prethemer feeds?

I had an error message in TM.
    I applied the theme that is my current theme, it asked me to luna reboot, which i did. I then opened TM again and it spit these errors. I closed it and opened again and it worked fine.:

[2012-01-24 00:47:15] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Device: Pre, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:47:15] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Wallpaper response: {"wallpaper":{"wallpaperName":"CarbonOS-Wallpaper.jpg","wallpaperFile":"/media/internal/wallpapers/CarbonOS-Wallpaper.jpg"},"returnValue":true}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:47:18] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Scanned response: {"returnValue":true,"themes":[{"id":"org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme","removable":true,"name":"Enlightened Black & White","version":"1.1.0","versions":["2.1.0"],"devices":["emulator","pre"],"description":"Simple Black & White theme.","creator":"Janne Julkunen","website":"http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/User:Sconix","donations":"https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=7A4RPR9ZX3TYS&lc=FI&item_name=For%20Enlightened%20Theme&currency_code =EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted","preview":{"Browser Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/icon-browser.png","Calendar Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/calendar/icon-1.png","Email Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/icon-email.png","Messaging Icon":"/media/i
    [2012-01-24 00:47:18] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Scanned response 0: {"id":"org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme","removable":true,"name":"Enlightened Black & White","version":"1.1.0","versions":["2.1.0"],"devices":["emulator","pre"],"description":"Simple Black & White theme.","creator":"Janne Julkunen","website":"http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/User:Sconix","donations":"https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=7A4RPR9ZX3TYS&lc=FI&item_name=For%20Enlightened%20Theme&currency_code =EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted","preview":{"Browser Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/icon-browser.png","Calendar Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/calendar/icon-1.png","Email Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/icon-email.png","Messaging Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.we
    [2012-01-24 00:47:23] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Apply response: {"returnValue":true,"wallpaper":"","stdout":""}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:49:11] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Device: Pre, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:49:11] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Wallpaper response: {"wallpaper":{"wallpaperName":"CarbonOS-Wallpaper.jpg","wallpaperFile":"/media/internal/wallpapers/CarbonOS-Wallpaper.jpg"},"returnValue":true}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:49:17] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Error response: {"returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"Message status unknown."}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
  16.    #416  
    Sorry if i'm missing something... I guess i was hoping that TM would allow installing a bunch of themes, then mix/match/apply however you wanted to. For example, install several themes from Preware and then browse through them in TM. What will be different about the Theme feed from the precentral-themes or prethemer feeds?

I had an error message in TM.
    I applied the theme that is my current theme, it asked me to luna reboot, which i did. I then opened TM again and it spit these errors. I closed it and opened again and it worked fine.:

[2012-01-24 00:47:15] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Device: Pre, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:47:15] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Wallpaper response: {"wallpaper":{"wallpaperName":"CarbonOS-Wallpaper.jpg","wallpaperFile":"/media/internal/wallpapers/CarbonOS-Wallpaper.jpg"},"returnValue":true}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:47:18] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Scanned response: {"returnValue":true,"themes":[{"id":"org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme","removable":true,"name":"Enlightened Black & White","version":"1.1.0","versions":["2.1.0"],"devices":["emulator","pre"],"description":"Simple Black & White theme.","creator":"Janne Julkunen","website":"http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/User:Sconix","donations":"https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=7A4RPR9ZX3TYS&lc=FI&item_name=For%20Enlightened%20Theme&currency_code =EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted","preview":{"Browser Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/icon-browser.png","Calendar Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/calendar/icon-1.png","Email Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/icon-email.png","Messaging Icon":"/media/i
    [2012-01-24 00:47:18] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Scanned response 0: {"id":"org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme","removable":true,"name":"Enlightened Black & White","version":"1.1.0","versions":["2.1.0"],"devices":["emulator","pre"],"description":"Simple Black & White theme.","creator":"Janne Julkunen","website":"http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/User:Sconix","donations":"https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=7A4RPR9ZX3TYS&lc=FI&item_name=For%20Enlightened%20Theme&currency_code =EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted","preview":{"Browser Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/icon-browser.png","Calendar Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/calendar/icon-1.png","Email Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.wee.enlightened.black.and.white.theme/images/icon-email.png","Messaging Icon":"/media/internal/.themes/org.e.lnx.we
    [2012-01-24 00:47:23] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Apply response: {"returnValue":true,"wallpaper":"","stdout":""}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:49:11] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Device: Pre, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:49:11] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Wallpaper response: {"wallpaper":{"wallpaperName":"CarbonOS-Wallpaper.jpg","wallpaperFile":"/media/internal/wallpapers/CarbonOS-Wallpaper.jpg"},"returnValue":true}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [2012-01-24 00:49:17] (Theme Manager) DEBUG - Error response: {"returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"Message status unknown."}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    Sorry if I was unclear but that is the plan, there is two terms that need to be understood for TM. Installing/updating/removing themes is different from applying/unapplying a theme. So Preware will allow you to browse themes in the feed and install/remove bunch of them and later on when updates released for them to update them easily. TM allows you to select the theme you want or create a custom theme from the installed themes and then apply/unapply the theme into the system. Actually TM wont most likely have any more feature changes in near future, i.e. its "ready" for now. TM already knows how to separate user installed (zip) themes and system themes (ipk installed ones) so that you can not remove system theme in TM, only via the means you install them i.e. Preware. So the themes feed wont be any different from the prethemer/precentral feeds that existed, the only difference is that the feed has TM compatible themes, i.e. installing them will only make them appear in TM and not mess up the system

About the error I will have to see what could have caused that. It looks some weird system request error so maybe not TM problem, but will have a look.
    So will preware allow a ipk theme to be removed if its currently applied & apply the webOS default theme automatically? Or it won't allow the theme to be removed if its currently applied?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    So will preware allow a ipk theme to be removed if its currently applied & apply the webOS default theme automatically? Or it won't allow the theme to be removed if its currently applied?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It will, TM is build in a way that the themes can be uninstalled after they have been applied it wont break anything, i.e. TM is still able to unapply the theme even its not installed anymore.
    reapplied theme. No problems.
    I have Garrett's themes for 2.2.4 but none of my other themes are comparable anymore (sad face) otherwise everything went without a hitch Janne. Thank You !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->