Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so what do i do make a new folder and drop or unzip the themes in to that folder ??
    The app menu has install theme which can unpack the zip for you. So you can just download the zip via browser and then install it via the app. Or you just make a directory in your USB dir (.themes/<themeid>). Might want to at least install one via the app to see how they look in that dir if you want to manually play with the themes.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    ok i think i figured it out lol thanks anyways ha ha

i just downloaded to my computer and opened (unzip) them and drag and drop the folders into the already made .themes folder from downloadong the theme manager . but next time i can unzip them fron the theme managers top menu , you say ?! kool i will try that way next time
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ok now im having trouble trying to install different parts of different themes ?

oh wait i may have got it now lol

yep i got it wow kinda confusing at first but i think i got it now lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #24  
    ok now im having trouble trying to install different parts of different themes ?
    You just select the components from the themes you want. Tapping component in the left pane will show the theme from which it belongs to. The left pane will get more user friendly at some point so that you can select the components from there as well, but for now it just shows what you have currently selected, i.e. what the current theme holds.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5.    #25  

oh wait i may have got it now lol

yep i got it wow kinda confusing at first but i think i got it now lol
    Yes its bit confusing, but UI fine tuning is not yet the main priority
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I Really look forward to this. Especially for my pre 2 Good work and goodluck
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I Really look forward to this. Especially for my pre 2 Good work and goodluck
    Well I am already using this on my Pre2 Just need to add the stuff so that the app detects that what device its used on.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I am already using this on my Pre2 Just need to add the stuff so that the app detects that what device its used on.
    let me know if you need any beta testing lol on either the pre2 veer or pre3 lol !! lol i got the hang of it now . its just without any info to start with i was a little confused lol its all good now though !! thanks again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  9.    #29  
    let me know if you need any beta testing lol on either the pre2 veer or pre3 lol !! lol i got the hang of it now . its just without any info to start with i was a little confused lol its all good now though !! thanks again
    Well you are already doing the testing that is needed I will push these updates as soon as they are finished so just keep following this thread and the alpha feed updates. I push the phone support in couple days once I get couple themes from Garrett so people have something to test with
    kool done !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Will there be a feature to restore all of the files touched by installing a theme? In other words, to do a clean up in case a previously installed theme didn't properly clean up after itself?

I ask because I have run into this in the past, stray bits getting left behind. In fact, I currently have a section in Tweaks on my TouchPad called "Metro Effect Suite" from the time I had Garrett's theme installed, even though I have long since deleted it.

Good job so far, by the way! Thanks for all of your continuing contributions, especially nowadays!
    Will we be able to "save" our Franken-Themes? (not just the json) but all icons etc..

I know you said theme "creation" may come at a later point but, a franken theme is using existing themes parts.. So being able to save my custom theme as a new one, will allow me to delete redundant theme files.. =D

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I grabbed the first one here, and got a "service not responding or unknown response was returned!" error and the app is pretty much acting screwey now .. (the right hand pane is just showing a scrim)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I grabbed the first one here, and got a "service not responding or unknown response was returned!" error and the app is pretty much acting screwey now .. (the right hand pane is just showing a scrim)
    exactly the same for me on German TP. Just downloaded the theme above 2 or 3 of them and tried to install via themeinstall, but doesn't work. Do have to you unzip it by my own, or will the app do this for me?
    Ok I got it working. You have to unzip the themes to a subfolder of .themes in /media/internal. When ready stat theme manager and have fun. Y getting the error message above on start of the app you have some failed theme subfolder. Just uninstall theme manager clear the.themes folder install theme manager again and add the unziped themes to the .theme folder. Start the app AFTER coping files to the .themes folder not while doing any coy process.
    Now comes the test: with the TP OTA update!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Will there be a feature to restore all of the files touched by installing a theme? In other words, to do a clean up in case a previously installed theme didn't properly clean up after itself?

I ask because I have run into this in the past, stray bits getting left behind. In fact, I currently have a section in Tweaks on my TouchPad called "Metro Effect Suite" from the time I had Garrett's theme installed, even though I have long since deleted it.

Good job so far, by the way! Thanks for all of your continuing contributions, especially nowadays!
    EPR can clean up the theme installed by theme manager.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Now comes the test: with the TP OTA update!
    You should let me test that first It should let you re-apply the theme after OTA, but I suspect that there has to be some bug regarding that.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiplPhy View Post
    exactly the same for me on German TP. Just downloaded the theme above 2 or 3 of them and tried to install via themeinstall, but doesn't work. Do have to you unzip it by my own, or will the app do this for me?
    The current released version misses the dependency to unzip so thats why the install themes wont work. Just install the unzip from preware and it will start working.

What comes to the other error, yes I am adding a more clear info to the error what went wrong, but at the moment its most likely theme folder with improper info that can cause the error
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Will we be able to "save" our Franken-Themes? (not just the json) but all icons etc..

I know you said theme "creation" may come at a later point but, a franken theme is using existing themes parts.. So being able to save my custom theme as a new one, will allow me to delete redundant theme files.. =D

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Don't know yet if this is something that should be done or not. I.e. in a way you should keep the themes from which you use components just to remind you whose themes you are using.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast