Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 490
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #341  
    I am trying to get theme manager 0.9.5 out tomorrow or Monday with support for patching html files and clock themes. And we are still working with the distribution of the themes but it is coming.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. #342  
    So the problem is the fact that you have most likely skipped version or two and my configuration update code does not handle the situation that you have. So can you uninstall Theme Manager and then install it back, then you should get fresh configuration and TM starts and you should be able to apply the default theme. Let me know how it goes.
    It didn't worked completely. Most components where restored, except the menu, just type search background and some others. I restored the missing files manually, by deleting the changed files and renaming the .webosinternals.orig files, so I have no problem any more. Tell me if your are interested in the log files after I reinstalled theme manager. Now everything works fine again, also applying new themes and restoring the default theme afterwards.

    I think your guess was right. I installed every update, but maybe I missed to start every version. Thanks so far. By the way I guess this is the same problem with my TouchPad, will try it now.
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiplPhy View Post
    It didn't worked completely. Most components where restored, except the menu, just type search background and some others. I restored the missing files manually, by deleting the changed files and renaming the .webosinternals.orig files, so I have no problem any more. Tell me if your are interested in the log files after I reinstalled theme manager. Now everything works fine again, also applying new themes and restoring the default theme afterwards.

    I think your guess was right. I installed every update, but maybe I missed to start every version. Thanks so far. By the way I guess this is the same problem with my TouchPad, will try it now.
    Hmm I would be interested to get the webos-themes.log from your pre3 if it did not restore all files. That really should not be possible to happen that some files are skipped so I would like to see why they were left behind.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. #344  
    Hmm I would be interested to get the webos-themes.log from your pre3 if it did not restore all files. That really should not be possible to happen that some files are skipped so I would like to see why they were left behind.
    I will send you the files tomorrow, because I have only access to the internet by TouchPad and can't upload the files from Pre3.

    Best regards Erik
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Hmm I would be interested to get the webos-themes.log from your pre3 if it did not restore all files. That really should not be possible to happen that some files are skipped so I would like to see why they were left behind.
    So here I got the file for you! After the failed restore of the default themes I restored the files manually, as I already said. Afterwards I installed a dark glas theme it worked great, so I removed it again and again everything was fine!

    Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiplPhy View Post
    So here I got the file for you! After the failed restore of the default themes I restored the files manually, as I already said. Afterwards I installed a dark glas theme it worked great, so I removed it again and again everything was fine!

    Thanks for your help!
    Thanks, it could have been just something caused by old version, but I still want to check the log to see if it could be something else, so thanks for sending it.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #347  
    The TouchPad stuff seems to be a little different. The Problem was the same as I mentioned before, so I tried to reinstall theme manager and applied the default theme. The result was slightly different from what I expected.

    The new installed Theme Manager decided to delete the "unnecessary" backup files and so I was not able to restore the .webosinternals.orig files, because they were deleted. So I did it the hard way and replaced the changed files listed in the theme.json file by the original files extracted from the webOS Doctor.

    Also on the TouchPad I skipped some versions. I attach also the log file from my touchpad for your interest. I hope this will at least help you. It helped me to understand the work principle of the theme manager ;-)

    best regards Erik
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiplPhy View Post
    The TouchPad stuff seems to be a little different. The Problem was the same as I mentioned before, so I tried to reinstall theme manager and applied the default theme. The result was slightly different from what I expected.

    The new installed Theme Manager decided to delete the "unnecessary" backup files and so I was not able to restore the .webosinternals.orig files, because they were deleted. So I did it the hard way and replaced the changed files listed in the theme.json file by the original files extracted from the webOS Doctor.

    Also on the TouchPad I skipped some versions. I attach also the log file from my touchpad for your interest. I hope this will at least help you. It helped me to understand the work principle of the theme manager ;-)

    best regards Erik
    The aupt script that handles the theme installation/removing should never delete the backup file if the original file isn't in original shape. But I still expect it to be from the old versions since there was bug in the scripts early on. Anyway I will go through the logs just in case. Have been already using these aupt-5 scripts for my advanced patches on few of my phones and so far haven't been able to make the remove process to fail (i.e. to leave none original files behind etc.) so I am pretty sure that the current scripts are working as expected.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #349  
    Sconix can you explain directions of updating a theme?

    Say release vers. 1.0 & users install it then I update to 1.1

    Do users need to remove old vers. Apply default luna restart install new vers. & apply & luna?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Sconix can you explain directions of updating a theme?

    Say release vers. 1.0 & users install it then I update to 1.1

    Do users need to remove old vers. Apply default luna restart install new vers. & apply & luna?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    So they just install the new version of the theme, then TM should already prompt that the current theme has been updated and offer to apply it right away. So its just install new, apply and restart luna. So no need to apply default first or anything like that. TM will always handle the theme switch correctly no matter what user does. I.e. even the current theme configuration gets wiped (i.e. when TM is uninstalled) it does not matter, user can just select the theme he wants and hit apply. The information about currently applied theme is stored on the USB partition under the .themes folder. So as long as user won't delete that folder all just works.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #351  
    Does it matter if I up the version number or not?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Does it matter if I up the version number or not?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Well that is the best way to make sure that Theme Manager notices that the theme has changed and knows to notify the user, i.e. suggest him to re-apply. It will detect some changes even without version number change though, but mostly only if components have been added / removed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well that is the best way to make sure that Theme Manager notices that the theme has changed and knows to notify the user, i.e. suggest him to re-apply. It will detect some changes even without version number change though, but mostly only if components have been added / removed.
    Ok.. The reason I ask is for theme developement.. A lot of times I just test things wo going up a version..

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  14.    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Ok.. The reason I ask is for theme developement.. A lot of times I just test things wo going up a version..

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Ah yes for development of course upping the version is not needed. It is just for the users so they know that something has changed (mainly for the time when you are able to install the themes from preware for example and update them elsewhere so the user get properly notified when he starts TM the next time).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15. #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Ah yes for development of course upping the version is not needed. It is just for the users so they know that something has changed (mainly for the time when you are able to install the themes from preware for example and update them elsewhere so the user get properly notified when he starts TM the next time).
    Phfffew!.. I kept reverting back to default every time!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  16. #356  
    I'm not seeing Theme Manager in the Preware, has a stable version been released yet? there are references to the stable version but its not showing up in Preware...TIA
  17.    #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by maninwhitecoat View Post
    I'm not seeing Theme Manager in the Preware, has a stable version been released yet? there are references to the stable version but its not showing up in Preware...TIA
    TM is still only in beta feed. The app is basically ready for public feed, but I am keeping it in beta feed until we have distribution method for the themes since I want to avoid situation where everybody is asking where to get the themes etc. And for normal users its bit sad to tell them to look from the forums etc. But as soon as we have proper distribution channel this will go public.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. #358  
    Any word on updates patching html files?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Any word on updates patching html files?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I was going to do the new release during this weekend, but I had a hardware (system harddisk) failure. I should be back up and running tomorrow so some day next week the new release will come.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20. #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I was going to do the new release during this weekend, but I had a hardware (system harddisk) failure. I should be back up and running tomorrow so some day next week the new release will come.
    Ouch!! I can't stand hdd failures

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Posting Permissions