Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Thanks, so it seems that the problem is in the config writer. Can you send me the boot logo theme you made to scorpio.iix at gmail.com

Then I can see what the problem is and release a fix.
    I had sent the email with hte 'boot logo theme' and was wondering if you have had a chance to look into the issue. Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I had sent the email with hte 'boot logo theme' and was wondering if you have had a chance to look into the issue. Thanks.
    I am looking into it today, so expect a new release during today if there is a bug (most likely there is).

EDIT: There is definitely something odd, I can now make both problems that have been reported to happen. The problem that no components even the version / device is supported and the problem with the custom theme you have. So I will find the problem and fix it and do a new release.
    Last edited by sconix; 11/20/2011 at 06:57 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    speaking of the boot-logo's is there a size/color palette limit to the logos, do they have to be tiny or can even massive sized pics be used?

If i stuffed a massive one in as part of theme manager will it use even giant MB sized boot logos that would kill say my pre3, or would it spit them back and say "er no, thats way too big"?
    I'm using 1280x768 images for my boot logo. About the only thing I noticed is that during boot, the images are locked into portrait mode, so plan accordingly when using larger images.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    I'm using 1280x768 images for my boot logo. About the only thing I noticed is that during boot, the images are locked into portrait mode, so plan accordingly when using larger images.
    Images are locked into portrait mode during boot up regardless of the image size.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    @Sconix; I am still getting "service not responding or you known response was returned" error on launch. I removed 0.89 and installed 0.90 to no avail. Deleted all zip files and unzipped folders in case something was corrupted, no luck.
    Where did I screw up? :-)

will the boot logos still show if you use files a few MB asides from the usual ones that are just a few Kb?
  8.    #308  
    @Sconix; I am still getting "service not responding or you known response was returned" error on launch. I removed 0.89 and installed 0.90 to no avail. Deleted all zip files and unzipped folders in case something was corrupted, no luck.
    Where did I screw up? :-)

You have an installation problem, try re-installing again. If it does not help you can send me the /var/log/message file after starting the app so I can have a look why its not working. Although the installation scripts should already take into account all service installation bugs in webOS so it really should install properly in all situations.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    will the boot logos still show if you use files a few MB asides from the usual ones that are just a few Kb?
    Yes, I used 1024x768 ones, only difference i see is that for the larger ones, the animation is ridiculously slow.

It would be nice if we could use multi-frame, but oh well. I ever put together another one, it will be some sort of symmetrical design so that it looks the same from all 4 orientations.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    @Geekpeter; The images I'm using are still only a few hundred k, but I don't see how filesize would cause a problem, as long it was the proper format. Do a quick swap and reboot and see.

@Sconix; Thanks, I'll the it again.

I'm using identical images except for the colours, so didn't realize it was rendering slower. I was just enjoying the colour bleed. :-)

nice one, i er stole/borrowed an image from google images and slapped webos text into it, nothing awesome, then darkened 1 of the elements on each image to animate, aint great but yeah thanks, large files work np, was just afraid id garbage the pre3 on bootup.

no idea who made the awesome image btw, if your out there, just know its pretty damned good.

gonna be on a personal mission to pimpify my pre3 now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sshaka likes this.
    I'm having trouble w theme manager applying patches for my theme

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I'm having trouble w theme manager applying patches for my theme

What kind of trouble, the webos-themes.log should tell you the problem. At least I am using patches in my theme and have no problems. The patches need to be one patch per file to work and you can only patch css files.
    What kind of trouble, the webos-themes.log should tell you the problem. At least I am using patches in my theme and have no problems. The patches need to be one patch per file to work and you can only patch css files.
    K.. Well that explains it

i take it theme manager wont replace html files either than (not patch, replace)

This makes it ten times harder to apply palm-dark :/
    Last edited by sketch42; 11/21/2011 at 09:20 PM.
    i also cant add additional css files to the index.html to make palm-dark on my own without
    having to edit every individual css, add every edit to each one again, & create a separate patch for each css and package it?

theres no way carbonOS can come to the pre3 via Theme manager than :/
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    i also cant add additional css files to the index.html to make palm-dark on my own without
    having to edit every individual css, add every edit to each one again, & create a separate patch for each css and package it?

theres no way carbonOS can come to the pre3 via Theme manager than :/
    Hmm not sure if I see how its more work, if the app already includes css files it should be needed only to add the css stuff into one file, i.e. modify one file the same amount that modifying with index.html to add a file. Since even though app has many css files they are usually all included so you only need to edit one. If you can explain it more I can try to come up with a solution, but atm I don't see how its more work.

The limits are in TM because we don't want to check the themes before they are released so hence we want to limit the files they can patch so they can not add any malicious stuff or break the system accidentally.
    Hmm not sure if I see how its more work, if the app already includes css files it should be needed only to add the css stuff into one file, i.e. modify one file the same amount that modifying with index.html to add a file. Since even though app has many css files they are usually all included so you only need to edit one. If you can explain it more I can try to come up with a solution, but atm I don't see how its more work.

The limits are in TM because we don't want to check the themes before they are released so hence we want to limit the files they can patch so they can not add any malicious stuff or break the system accidentally.
    If I want to have a system app use palm-dark theme all I need to do is add to the index.html with minimal skinning to the css. & I'm done...

Instead though you are saying I need to reskin every apps css to include every color every header for every object , every button, every check box & font ..

I don't need to patch the index.html just replace the file.. Although patching would be easier

I'll give you a challenge..

Make the backup app in palm-dark by editing the index.html & then try it without editing the html & instead edit & patch the entire css ..

Than tell me its not more work :/ especially for someone who doesn't know where all the image replacements are