Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Just checking if this will work in the tPad? Thanks!
    Yes...Theme Manager is a TP compatible app.
    You just need TP themes to go with it; the app does not contain any themes.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    there are some TPad themes on the first page of this thread or the thread on webOS roundup theme manager thread
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just updated Theme Manager to v0.8.9 and now Theme Manager won't work. On startup the the app stays stuck at the circle going round and round and then after a long time the following error message is displayed:
    Code:
    Unknown Service Error
    Service not responding or unknown response was returned.
    OK
    Also, do you still have to have the theme zip files in the download folder for Theme Manager to see them? Any plans on changing this behaviour soon?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Also, do you still have to have the theme zip files in the download folder for Theme Manager to see them? Any plans on changing this behaviour soon?
    I never thought this was the case. Anywhere on the readable USB drive should work.

Edit: I guess I was wrong (see below)
    Last edited by MudShark22; 11/15/2011 at 09:28 AM.
  6.    #286  
    Just updated Theme Manager to v0.8.9 and now Theme Manager won't work. On startup the the app stays stuck at the circle going round and round and then after a long time the following error message is displayed:
    Code:
    Unknown Service Error
    Service not responding or unknown response was returned.
    OK
    Can you send me the /var/log/messages file after trying to start Theme Manager. Maybe you have found some bug in the service. Or you have a installation problem, for which you can try re-installing.

Yes zip's have to be at download folder still, as soon as I have time I will make the file picker more featureful.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Can you send me the /var/log/messages file after trying to start Theme Manager. Maybe you have found some bug in the service. Or you have a installation problem, for which you can try re-installing.
    I uninstalled and re-installed Theme Manager and that resolved the issue. There does seem to be another issue though.

I have made my own theme using 'Theme Builder 3.1', for replacing the the boot logo. I already have Garret92C's 'Cobalt' theme installed and when I apply my theme to replace the boot logo, it also ends up reverting the Cobalt theme to the default webOS theme. Then if i re-apply the 'Cobalt' theme, the boot logo reverts back to the default HP boot logo. I have tried this everyewhich way I can think of but with the same results. I cannot make the settings of both my boot logo theme and any other theme components be applied at the same time. What am I doing wrong here?

PS: This is with Theme Manager 0.8.9

I uninstalled and re-installed Theme Manager and that resolved the issue. There does seem to be another issue though.

I have made my own theme using 'Theme Builder 3.1', for replacing the the boot logo. I already have Garret92C's 'Cobalt' theme installed and when I apply my theme to replace the boot logo, it also ends up reverting the Cobalt theme to the default webOS theme. Then if i re-apply the 'Cobalt' theme, the boot logo reverts back to the default HP boot logo. I have tried this everyewhich way I can think of but with the same results. I cannot make the settings of both my boot logo theme and any other theme components be applied at the same time. What am I doing wrong here?

Did you name the component Boot Logo in the file/replace tab in Theme Builder?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Did you name the component Boot Logo in the file/replace tab in Theme Builder?
    Yes I did, i.e. presuming you are referring to selecting 'Boot Logo' in the 'Category:' section of 'Theme Builder'. Also, as stated earlier, the boot logo does install fine by itself.

10.    #290  

The theme that you have selected will be applied always and the previously selected theme unapplied when you hit apply. If you want to have components from multiple themes you need to have a custom theme. To create custom theme just go selecting the components from the themes you want and hit the select components button (the select theme button will switch to select components once you start selecting components from the themes). I.e. you can select one theme normally as the basis of your custom theme then select the wanted component overrides from other themes by selecting individual components under the components drawer.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Sanjay:

Did you install Cobalt with Theme Manager? (i.e. Can you see it as a selectable theme?) Does it have a JSON file? If not, that is the root of your issue.

As I understand it (and sconix: please correct me if I am wrong):

- If you have already applied a non-TM theme; components selected from TM will be applied instead of the non-TM theme. This includes the default HP theme.

- Therefore, if you only select boot logo and lets say app launcher; TM selects the rest of the categories from the default HP theme (not your non-TM applied theme) and applies both your choices and the default HP choices as the theme

Make sense?

- T
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Sanjay:

Did you install Cobalt with Theme Manager? (i.e. Can you see it as a selectable theme?) Does it have a JSON file? If not, that is the root of your issue.

As I understand it (and sconix: please correct me if I am wrong):

- If you have already applied a non-TM theme; components selected from TM will be applied instead of the non-TM theme. This includes the default HP theme.

- Therefore, if you only select boot logo and lets say app launcher; TM selects the rest of the categories from the default HP theme (not your non-TM applied theme) and applies both your choices and the default HP choices as the theme

Make sense?

- T
    No I think its just that he is trying to apply whole theme instead of custom theme.

Actually how MS works when none TM installed theme is installed that it refuses to apply the theme if file that its about to replace has already been replaced by some other entity such as old theme. If no same files are modified then both can be installed at the same time (i.e. old theme + TM theme).
    Ahh...is Sanjay talking about Glass Effect Suite - cobalt??
    My apologies...I saw Cobalt and was thinking of Garrett's Carbon theme (which should be converted IMO!)
    The theme that you have selected will be applied always and the previously selected theme unapplied when you hit apply. If you want to have components from multiple themes you need to have a custom theme. To create custom theme just go selecting the components from the themes you want and hit the select components button (the select theme button will switch to select components once you start selecting components from the themes). I.e. you can select one theme normally as the basis of your custom theme then select the wanted component overrides from other themes by selecting individual components under the components drawer.
    Actually, I did exactly this. That is, I selected the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal), the Theme Manager compatible one, linked from this thread itself. Then I selected the boot logo component from my 'boot logo theme' to create a custom theme before applying it. But I would end up with just the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal) thme, but still with the HP boot logo. I also tried it the other way around, i.e. to selct the boot logo component first from my boot logo theme and then select the components from the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal) theme. But no luck either way. I would either end up with just the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal) theme installed, or just the boot logo. By the way, Theme Manager shows both installed even though only one is installed. Theme Manager shows a 'Custom Theme' installed and upon clicking the individual components in the left pane, it shows the Cobalt Theme on the right except when I click the boot logo component in the left pane, it shows 'my theme' on the the right.

I have tried this on two different TouchPads using Theme Manager v0.8.9 with the same result.

PS: I apologize for not being clearer that I was actually referring to the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal).
    Last edited by Sanjay; 11/16/2011 at 12:18 PM.

Sanjay: Try it again and if it fails; send the log (found in the media/internal called webos-themes.log) to sconix or post here.
    I keep getting service not responding or unknown response was returned on startup

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I keep getting service not responding or unknown response was returned on startup

Nevermind

18.    #298  
    Actually, I did exactly this. That is, I selected the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal), the Theme Manager compatible one, linked from this thread itself. Then I selected the boot logo component from my 'boot logo theme' to create a custom theme before applying it. But I would end up with just the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal) thme, but still with the HP boot logo. I also tried it the other way around, i.e. to selct the boot logo component first from my boot logo theme and then select the components from the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal) theme. But no luck either way. I would either end up with just the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal) theme installed, or just the boot logo. By the way, Theme Manager shows both installed even though only one is installed. Theme Manager shows a 'Custom Theme' installed and upon clicking the individual components in the left pane, it shows the Cobalt Theme on the right except when I click the boot logo component in the left pane, it shows 'my theme' on the the right.

I have tried this on two different TouchPads using Theme Manager v0.8.9 with the same result.

PS: I apologize for not being clearer that I was actually referring to the Glass Effect Suite (Charcoal).
    Ok, so can you send me the theme.cfg file from /media/internal/.themes/.current/

So I can see is it the apply process or the config writer that has the bug.
    Ok, so can you send me the theme.cfg file from /media/internal/.themes/.current/

So I can see is it the apply process or the config writer that has the bug.
    Not sure where to send the files to. So I am attaching the files here. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

20.    #300  
    Not sure where to send the files to. So I am attaching the files here. Thanks.
    Thanks, so it seems that the problem is in the config writer. Can you send me the boot logo theme you made to scorpio.iix at gmail.com

Then I can see what the problem is and release a fix.