Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 490
Like Tree46Likes
  1. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey sketch, can you maybe make some boot theme zips please with my boot logo's here ??!! please ?
    Tux was hungry so he ate some more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    sshaka likes this.
  2. #182  
    Sconix...

    It seems if I change the app icons of cryptofs apps , they don't change back on theme removal..



    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  3. #183  
    @sconix
    @Garrett92C

    Applied sconix theme (took a while) and later on wanted to replace it with Garretts Glass-theme. However this completely messed up the phone. After ages the process finished but the theme was still there. Hence i ran EPR. This removed the theme and patches as it should. However now I can´t install any of sconix advanced patches, the menu (upper right) in the launcher is no longer accessible and in the topbar there´s a huge gap now between the cell signal and the battery.
    Any idea what´s going on?
    Will doctor tonight otherwise.
    Thx.
    T.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Sconix...

    It seems if I change the app icons of cryptofs apps , they don't change back on theme removal..



    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Thanks for reporting this, let me see what is going on.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @sconix
    @Garrett92C

    Applied sconix theme (took a while) and later on wanted to replace it with Garretts Glass-theme. However this completely messed up the phone. After ages the process finished but the theme was still there. Hence i ran EPR. This removed the theme and patches as it should. However now I can´t install any of sconix advanced patches, the menu (upper right) in the launcher is no longer accessible and in the topbar there´s a huge gap now between the cell signal and the battery.
    Any idea what´s going on?
    Will doctor tonight otherwise.
    Thx.
    T.
    And you used the latest version of TM? There was the bug that caused problems and long apply time in 0.6.5. Since with the latest version it should not take that long.

    Well for the problem did you use EPR from alpha/beta feed or from the stable feed? It has failed to restore the advanced patches parts for some reason, could you send me both webos-themes.log and webos-patches.log to my email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    And you used the latest version of TM? There was the bug that caused problems and long apply time in 0.6.5. Since with the latest version it should not take that long.

    Well for the problem did you use EPR from alpha/beta feed or from the stable feed? It has failed to restore the advanced patches parts for some reason, could you send me both webos-themes.log and webos-patches.log to my email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com).
    @sconix

    Thx a lot Janne. Mailed you all the details.
    T.
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Sconix...

    It seems if I change the app icons of cryptofs apps , they don't change back on theme removal..



    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Found the problem, my new caching system broke the media cryptofs files replacing. This will be fixed in the next 0.6.9 release. You can get the default icons back by re-installing the app, but you want to do it when default theme is used just to be sure and then update to 0.6.9 and all should work.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. michote's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #188  
    @sconix
    was playing around with my veer to get my theme working.
    I tried to to patch the enyo menu and got the following error in webos-themes.log:
    Code:
    File not found from cache file, checking packages file
    File not found via packages file, checking cryptofs lists
    File not found in cryptofs lists, checking system md5sum files
    
    ERROR: Additional file already exists in system
      file: /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/palm/themes/Onyx/images/appmenu.png
    
    
    *** FAILED ***
    Maybe this occurs because of the enyo-through-maps-solution on the veer ...
    Any help how to fix this?
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    @sconix
    was playing around with my veer to get my theme working.
    I tried to to patch the enyo menu and got the following error in webos-themes.log:
    Code:
    File not found from cache file, checking packages file
    File not found via packages file, checking cryptofs lists
    File not found in cryptofs lists, checking system md5sum files
    
    ERROR: Additional file already exists in system
      file: /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/palm/themes/Onyx/images/appmenu.png
    
    
    *** FAILED ***
    Maybe this occurs because of the enyo-through-maps-solution on the veer ...
    Any help how to fix this?
    I actually noticed this myself yesterday, and it might be something to do with the how Enyo is installed into phones with the maps apps. I am studying this today, and hope to fix it, but atm I don't know if/how the error once happened can be fixed. First I need to identify the reason. Or I know that you can fix that by replacing that file with original one, but not sure if it can be fixed automatically by TM for example.

    It actually might be that the bug with cryptofs files patching is the same that is causing this, since in phones enyo is installed by an app it makes sense that the installation info is in the cryptofs dir which would mean that the bug is the same. So 0.6.9 release is coming today and is fixing this problem, but for the recovery you might need to do it manually.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. michote's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I actually noticed this myself yesterday, and it might be something to do with the how Enyo is installed into phones with the maps apps. I am studying this today, and hope to fix it, but atm I don't know if/how the error once happened can be fixed. First I need to identify the reason. Or I know that you can fix that by replacing that file with original one, but not sure if it can be fixed automatically by TM for example.

    It actually might be that the bug with cryptofs files patching is the same that is causing this, since in phones enyo is installed by an app it makes sense that the installation info is in the cryptofs dir which would mean that the bug is the same. So 0.6.9 release is coming today and is fixing this problem, but for the recovery you might need to do it manually.
    It was my first attempt to patch this file, and as far as I can see via ssh the original file on my phone wasn't even touched. So there's no need to recover. I removed the enyo-stuff from my theme and it applies just fine now. Will wait until next realease then ...
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    It was my first attempt to patch this file, and as far as I can see via ssh the original file on my phone wasn't even touched. So there's no need to recover. I removed the enyo-stuff from my theme and it applies just fine now. Will wait until next realease then ...
    Are you sure that the file was not touched, at least the error should only come if the file does not exist or is not an original file. Well it can be that in this case the bug already prevents the installation its possible. Anyway the next version will tell you, but at least I am now making sure that both cryptofs files and enyo on phone can be altered by theme.

    Btw. When you make the theme you should put the enyo files under the enyo widgets even it can match other components as well such as system menus etc. I added the enyo widget component for this so people with no enyo in their device can just leave out that component and still apply the theme.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. michote's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Are you sure that the file was not touched, at least the error should only come if the file does not exist or is not an original file. Well it can be that in this case the bug already prevents the installation its possible. Anyway the next version will tell you, but at least I am now making sure that both cryptofs files and enyo on phone can be altered by theme.
    Im pretty shure that it wasn't touched. At least it's the original grafic which was las modified in September ...
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  13. #193  
    All hail @sconix
    Janne, the new epr fixed everything!
    Kthx!
    T.
  14. michote's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #194  
    I released a Veer version and opend a new thread for my themes.
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  15. #195  
    @Sconix : I noticed a bug.

    When you tap on a theme section on the left pane to jump directly to the theme from which it comes, it does (nice ) but the number above (which indicates where you are from the list - ie: 1/10 ; 2/10 ...) doesn't change.

    Say you are watching theme 1 of 10 and tap a section on the left from the 6th theme on your list, it stays on 1/10. If you swipe to change up or down your displayed theme, the number refreshes though.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    @Sconix : I noticed a bug.

    When you tap on a theme section on the left pane to jump directly to the theme from which it comes, it does (nice ) but the number above (which indicates where you are from the list - ie: 1/10 ; 2/10 ...) doesn't change.

    Say you are watching theme 1 of 10 and tap a section on the left from the 6th theme on your list, it stays on 1/10. If you swipe to change up or down your displayed theme, the number refreshes though.
    Yes I noticed this already while a go just forgot to fix it, will be fixed in 0.6.9 which is out in couple of hours.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    xanuk likes this.
  17. #197  
    When will Theme Manager be released for the TouchPad? Can we add animated Boot screen logos in TM? Peace.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    When will Theme Manager be released for the TouchPad? Can we add animated Boot screen logos in TM? Peace.
    Its already released to all devices running Enyo, its just in beta feed at the moment. Theme Manager will go into public feed as soon as I feel like all the major bugs have been found (so the help of beta testers is really needed) and we have at least one common distribution chain for the themes (this is also under work already).

    And yes themes can have boot logos, if you meant that.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its already released to all devices running Enyo, its just in beta feed at the moment. Theme Manager will go into public feed as soon as I feel like all the major bugs have been found (so the help of beta testers is really needed) and we have at least one common distribution chain for the themes (this is also under work already).

    And yes themes can have boot logos, if you meant that.
    Thanks Sconix. You and your webOS colleagues really burn the midnite oil for webOS fans everywhere. And, a prime example of "artisans" loyal to our needs with spot on solutions. Keep the faith and Peace.

    Edit: Boot Logos is indeed what I meant. Thanks.
  20.    #200  
    New version (0.6.9) should be out soon with fixes for the theming third party applications (residing in /media/cryptofs). This version still does not allow theming/patching of enyo on phone since it seems that its bit trickier situation than I though so I have to think of the best way to allow that.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Clay333 likes this.

Posting Permissions