Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Preware has suddenly stopped loading completely - it's showing "Reading Saved Package List" and can't get past it.

Is there a standard way to resolve this? Was going to uninstall/re-install, but didn't want to break/lose connections to what I have installed...
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Reboot appears to have fixed it, for others who may experience this.
    The old computer saying, "when in doubt, reboot", applies to the Touchpad and to just about everything else, too. :-)
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Yeah...kinda capital "DOH!" on me.

I actually thought I had already rebooted it when I posted, but realized my error a little later and "fixed" it.
    reboot works but it comes back each time.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Don't be so fast to reboot!
    When I encounter this problem, I thought a reboot would have fixed it and now my TP is stuck on the boot screen (pulsing HP logo) for a half hour now.

Your experience may be different. I'll document the problem I'm having along with what took place in my next post.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...g-hp-logo.html

But I wanted to caution a reboot because I have rebooted before and never had this problem. It was only after PreWare was stuck on "Reading ..... " and I decided to reboot to fix the issue, that my TP essentially bricked.
    Last edited by Heist; 10/21/2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Here's a little hint for those update downloads that like to stop or pause:

Keep tapping the progress bar every 2 seconds or so, while the file downloads, upacks and up until it installs with a restart.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Update: So I ended up having to do a complete reinstall of WebOS.

Went through the PreWare install again. Booted it up and guess what; still stuck on Reading ....

However, I was able to reboot my TP and it didn't get stuck this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    Update: So I ended up having to do a complete reinstall of WebOS.

Went through the PreWare install again. Booted it up and guess what; still stuck on Reading ....

However, I was able to reboot my TP and it didn't get stuck this time.
    I guess it's a compatibility issue between preware and the new 3.0.4 firmware. Wish preware will update soon.
    It did it for me last night. I restarted and updated everything in my update list. I drinkers again for my f15 kernel update and have not had the issue since. Are you running Anything else along with Preware?
    There is a fix in the Preware 1.* thread. It involves deleteing a .db file in the preware data file directory. This worked for me. I did it through Xecutar, but it is a pain on TP as the keyboard covers the input area. I suggest using WOSQI.
    I got the same issue right after upgrading to 3.0.4. rebooting does fix the issue. but i think the compatibility of preware is the key.
    I had the same issue but instead of turning off the device and rebooting I did a Luna Restart and did not have any further issues.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel6381 View Post
    I had the same issue but instead of turning off the device and rebooting I did a Luna Restart and did not have any further issues.
    This helped on my TouchPad, too.
    I had the same issue this morning. Been working on 3.04 with beta feeds and all. I did a Luna restart and it fixed it.
    A Luna Restart has fixed this for me. Many thanks for this thread.
    have same issue about preware stuck on "Reading Saved Packages List"
    Re-boot or Luna Restart helps to get it going again.

But each time it happened again ONLY after i tried to run pReader Apps. (pReader would not run either).

But has since not have the problem when I got rid of pReader. Hope that solves the issue for some of you.
    metrotiger likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemytp View Post
    have same issue about preware stuck on "Reading Saved Packages List"
    Re-boot or Luna Restart helps to get it going again.

But each time it happened again ONLY after i tried to run pReader Apps. (pReader would not run either).

But has since not have the problem when I got rid of pReader. Hope that solves the issue for some of you.

I totally agree that there is some kind of conflict between Preware and Preader. However, uninstall preader is not an option for me as I need it for reading epub books. Now, I have to do luna restart several times every day.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Ok, so here's my quandary. I am experiencing the same problem . A reboot did nothing, I did a Luna restart and it got stuck on the HP logo screen again.

I'm doing a reinstall of WebOS (again) right now.

What now? How do you delete PreWare and its saved packages so I can do a completely clean install of PreWare?
    Last edited by Heist; 10/25/2011 at 09:43 AM.
    only 20 replies on this issue?

we can't be the only people who have experienced this issue...

in my case, the problem goes away after a Luna reboot, but always comes back several hours later

Is there someone at Preware we can contact to report this issue?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast