Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    I just start up something else and let it do its thing, it finishes after a few minutes. If not, I restart it and background it and then it does.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Reboot + remove gReader fix for me. I think removing gReader is the key.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    This is going to sound like a pain in the ****, but it was the only solution which worked for me:

(1) Flush the entire OS. Yup. I said it. Go to WebDoctor and overwrite everything with a fresh copy of WebOS.

(2) Reinstall PreWare via Quickinstall or whatever method you use. Don't forget to put the TP into Developer Mode first or else when you connect it to your machine, your computer will see your TP, but Quickinstall will not (I spent 5 minutes cursing it out until I remembered )

(3) Start up PreWare and pray like god that it updates to 1.8.3. I sprinkled rum, put a ring of lit candles around, and threw dried chicken bones on mine. Your particular god and method of prayer may vary.

(4) Repatch and Tweak all your former tweaks. There seems to have been a TON of new releases updated for 3.0.4 that were pushed out on 24-Oct-11.

(5) Now, here comes the true test of your patience. Reboot or restart Luna after EACH INDIVIDUAL patch / tweak download. While I realize this is an arduous time consuming process, it was necessary. The first time I did this I decided to hold off and do the reboot en masse ... big mistake.

My TP got stuck in yet another HP Bootscreen loop and required me to go all the way back to Step (1) and flush the system to break out of it.

Good luck!
    I had the exact same issue with Preware. All I did was to remove Preware (x) and install it again. Works like a charm now.
    Peep likes this.
    when i had that problem, i just reinstalled preware. worked perfectly after that
    Peep likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by billionaiire View Post
    I had the exact same issue with Preware. All I did was to remove Preware (x) and install it again. Works like a charm now.
    If I remove and reinstall Preware, will I have to reinstall all the previously installed patches?

ThankS!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just restarted Luna and haven't had this happening since...

Wim
    Touchpad 32GB and German O2 unlocked Palm Pre sharing the same profile
    friedscones: no, removing preware doesn't remove anything else

last night, i attempted to install touchplayer off of the PreCentral site, which did not work (it never showed up on my touchpad), and now preware is completely halting at Reading Saved Package List.

I've never even looked at Preader.

After installing 3.0.4, sometimes it would take maybe a minute or two for the Reading Saved Package List to complete, but it always would. Now, it's just hung. (or taking dozens of minutes)

Reinstalling preware and rebooting touchpad don't seem to be fixing.

... and just as i hit "Save" here, that finally goes through. And now it's working as fast as ever.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I had the same problem... Luna restart appears to have fixed it. Preware loads normally now.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    Shizzzt! Mine just started doing this again. Now I'm petrified - I do not want to turn off or restart my TP because each time this happened, it resulted in it being stuck in the reboot loop and subsequently requiring me to reinstall WebOS.

Grrrr.
    Don't remember from your previous posts, but try uninstalling and reinstalling preware. It takes 2 minutes and fixed my problems.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    Don't remember from your previous posts, but try uninstalling and reinstalling preware. It takes 2 minutes and fixed my problems.
    FML! It did it again. I restarted Luna and here we go again - stuck on the HP logo bootscreen.
    Goddammit! This will be the 5th time I've had to reinstall WebOS, then spend 40 minutes resetting everything. I'm so ****ed right now.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...g-hp-logo.html
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    only 20 replies on this issue?

we can't be the only people who have experienced this issue...

in my case, the problem goes away after a Luna reboot, but always comes back several hours later

Is there someone at Preware we can contact to report this issue?
    We know about the issue. It broke in webOS 3.0.4, and we don't know why. A reinstall fixes it for most people.

-- Rod
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We know about the issue. It broke in webOS 3.0.4, and we don't know why. A reinstall fixes it for most people.
    This seems a bad bug. Is a fix imminent? What do we reinstall, the OS, or Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletmark View Post
    This seems a bad bug. Is a fix imminent? What do we reinstall, the OS, or Preware?
    Reinstalling preware should help.
    guys, I did an Android install on my touchpad earlier but prior to that I did a full restore from Web Doctor. Android installed no problems.
    Then decided to repimp my WebOS and had this issue too, stuck on the pulsating HP logo evermore. Was very disappointed since after web doctoring it would require all the Android stuff to be done again too.

However I've fixed it without Web Doctor!

With the device off completely (remember to hold power and homescreen button if you can't turn off), hold down volume, homescreen button and power button all at the same time.
    After about 15 seconds 'please release buttons' will appear on screen, do as you are told and let the system boot - it took about 3 minutes for me but it actually booted this time

This is a hard reset so you will loose settings and installed apps and you will have to run through the WebOS set up again but I THINK user data is retained..not sure let me check and I will get back to you
    (for the record Android still boots peachy)

edit: after web doctoring the first time I don't actually have any user data on the machine sooo...someone else may want to verify, but nevertheless it's faster than web doctor and all the HP apps and stuff are brought back by Synergy anyway

edit2: actually it retains some stuff, because upon booting now it has saved all my synergy credentials and wifi credentials which it did not do after a Web Doctor restore
    Last edited by timmyGCSE; 11/02/2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Like Rod said above, this is a known error that seems to occur on TouchPad that have been updated to 3.0.4. It does NOT happen on the emulator, only on physical TouchPad. The 3.0.4 update seems to have broken something fundamental that running pReader (native or not) seems to trigger that causes issues with pReader and preware (the hanging at reading Saved Packages list).

Because it doesn't happen on the emulator, jappus, the developer of pReader, had to purchase a TouchPad to track this down. For updates, you might want to look at the official support thread for pReader native here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html or the support thread for pReader non native (the version in the App Catalog) here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...doc-files.html
    I tried using another internet connection and the problem goes away.
    If I use the first connection, the problem comes back.
    Just noticed this a few days ago, issue on my touchpad, post 3.04, but preware on my Frankenpre worked fine. I decided to be brave, did a full restart instead of luna, and everything worked fine. i do have pReader, but I haven't used it recently, so I don't think pReader triggered anything.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Just noticed this a few days ago, issue on my touchpad, post 3.04, but preware on my Frankenpre worked fine. I decided to be brave, did a full restart instead of luna, and everything worked fine. i do have pReader, but I haven't used it recently, so I don't think pReader triggered anything.
    It's a webOS 3.0.4 bug which causes database accesses to hang at random times - nothing we can do about it in the apps.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12