Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am completely unable to get a virtual keyboard to show up in the latest version available in Preware of Xterm.

I've installed the Tweaks app and have tried every setting you can for the virtual keyboard in Xterm with no luck.

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I completely missing something?
    same thing here, anyone have any ideas? im thinking its not a big problem as I don't see alot of posts about it. thanks
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    I have the same problem. Maybe they'll release an update, but is NOBODY available to fix this problem? Really? As small as it is, I'm never going to be able to overclock if this gets in the way...
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by hbd22tech View Post
    I have the same problem. Maybe they'll release an update, but is NOBODY available to fix this problem? Really? As small as it is, I'm never going to be able to overclock if this gets in the way...
    Sorry you're having issues...unfortunately I cannot help re: keyboard.

However, why does this issue prevent you from using one of the available (in Preware) overclocking kernels?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    xecutah, xserver and xterm all play together and I've had problems before when updating individual parts. So when I see any updates to that set, I remove them all and install xecutah which reinstalls everything. Maybe overkill but have had no problems since I started doing it that way.
    This just happened to me for the first time and resolved it by using tweaks app, go to the system, change the xterm value to anything else, and restart luna. Some reason an update can default the preference to hide the keyboard.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I keep waiting for an update that allows scrolling in xterm. I seem to have an issue with what I am doing going below the keyboard and not being able to see it. Any ideas?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I keep waiting for an update that allows scrolling in xterm. I seem to have an issue with what I am doing going below the keyboard and not being able to see it. Any ideas?

I use terminator within a chroot and the excellent wTerm.
    I think I figures out the problem I am running into. Seems the bottom of the page doesn't scroll up when the keyboard pulls up, so the bottom of the page is below the keyboard, and for some reason I can't minimize the keyboard either. Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    I think I figures out the problem I am running into. Seems the bottom of the page doesn't scroll up when the keyboard pulls up, so the bottom of the page is below the keyboard, and for some reason I can't minimize the keyboard either. Ideas?

Have to set the keyboard type/size in rweaks.
    new version you tap the screen with 3 fingers to show/dismiss the virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    new version you tap the screen with 3 fingers to show/dismiss the virtual keyboard.
    Hmmm, sounds cool, not working on mine though.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Hmmm, sounds cool, not working on mine though.
    u got normal/beta/alpha version? think i got the alpha (which works perfectly btw).
    u got normal/beta/alpha version? think i got the alpha (which works perfectly btw).
    Normal, I lost my alpha/beta feeds a while back when trying to reinstall preware and never went back to recover them,
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Normal, I lost my alpha/beta feeds a while back when trying to reinstall preware and never went back to recover them,
    definatly worth doing.

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    I have been trying to get them to push Xserver to Beta or even Public feed but haven't had any success since DtzWill seems to be on a small hiatus. maybe if enough people leave a comment on the Xserver on Pre Thread someone else inside of webos internals will promote it.

Also If you are having any issues with the Alpha feed VKB or Right/Left click support please post it on that above thread as well and I will look into it.
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    ``````

Pretty funny--entry above was from my cat who somehow pressed the save button (he changes laptop display formats also--upon request)

But since the entry was made, I might as well say that the touchpad keyboard does raise and lower on my pad--pretty cool.
    Last edited by bluenote; 02/02/2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you
    also to note on the newer keyboard behaviour, if you started with the hp bluetooth keyboard on, then the 3 finger tap wont show the virtual one, if however u turn off the bt keyboard or disable bt on the touchpad the 3 tap will bring up the virtual keyboard without needing an option swap/reload.

and ofc theres no ugly bottom blank area anymore.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast