Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By toojee
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

i have an issue with my pre3 and my touchstone! When i put my phone on touchstone while 2-3 hours i get hot temperature even with 100% charge! (50c / 122 F ).

There is a solution to switch govnah (on touchstone) in lower frequency or something like that to cool the phone?

thanks
    I had this same issue, but with a pre+ on 1.4.5.1 I keep Govnah on screenstate 500/800. I'm not sure if this will help on a pre3, but I use the Brightness Unlinked app to turnoff the clock display while on the touchstone. Temps are much lower now, usually below 30c; no change to Govnah.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    I had this same issue, but with a pre+ on 1.4.5.1 I keep Govnah on screenstate 500/800. I'm not sure if this will help on a pre3, but I use the Brightness Unlinked app to turnoff the clock display while on the touchstone. Temps are much lower now, usually below 30c; no change to Govnah.
    Brightness unlinked and other solutions like it do not work on 2.x or higher webOS. Existing options built in do not work if you get notifications - these turn the screen back on.

This heat problem might be due to something I think I recall UnixPsycho talking about. The ability to detect that the phone is on a touchstone is not as good as the ability to check that is is on a usb connected charger. This means sometimes you will be running at a higher speed on the touchstone - which could increase the temps.

There are a couple of approaches that may help - you can setup a high temp that is lower so when the phone reaches the temp it slows down; you can setup profiles to force the phone to be slower while you are charging - say a 500/500 screenstate or performance set to fixed 500; you can turn off data or turn the phone on airplane mode to reduce the potential for high level of work to be done while the phone is on the charger; you can place the phone where it will be cooled while charging (on an ac vent); you can ensure that the phone is in the OPEN slider position while on the touchstone which increases surface area for cooling; etc.
  4.    #4  
    ok its fine now! thx!
    i use mode switcher + 2 modes in govnah (1 regular and 1 for touchstone with 122 Mhz min and 368 Mhz max).
    I can hold the phone all day with temp max = 43c in afternoon and 38c in night.

mode switcher can detect if the phone is on touchstone after system patch install.
    sara.ramli likes this.