Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Was wondering if there are any negative effects of overclocking to 1.5? Significant change in battery life? Temperature increase?

Thanks
    WebOS @ 1.5 runs smooth without any drawbacks I can find, other than regret that it is destined for the trash heap
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    The chip is rated at 1.5ghz so I don't feel it is over taxing it. As far as battery consumption, I have not noticed any difference from the stock setting. FYI, my Pre has been overclocked now for over 2 years (currently at 500/1000 setting) with no I'll effects so far.
    I am about 3 weeks into overclocked cpu. Nothing negative so far. Battery life is still pretty good.
    1.5 has been working great for me. 1.7 caused my Tp to stall and freeze randomly so I got rid of that.
    No negative effect, not even a battery one that I can see. The cpu up and down scaling keeps the unit very power efficient. Like many have said, and what you have probably heard a thousand times, the Qualcomm Snapdragon cpu is rated at 1.5Ghz from the manufacture, so changing the cpu from 1.2Ghz to 1.5Ghz is not an overclock at all.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    This chip was rated fine up to 1.5 anyways*

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    some good and some bad. sometimes mine studders a few seconds. i suspect it is related to uberkernel
    The 64gb Touchpad is clocked at 1.5ghz with the same cpu as the 16 and 32.

--Chris
    Changing from 1.2GHz to 1.5GHz was the first thing I did as soon as I got my Touchpads.

After a few days, I forgot all about it... in fact, can't tell that it's at 1.5GHz
    unless I open Govnah and check the settings...

0.3Ghz is not really not that much.
  11. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    You'll become impatient and expect everything in your life to run just as smoothly and quickly
    retroblu likes this.
    I just swapped ou FC15 for UberKernel running at 1.5GHz to save on battery life and I have to say it feel snappier than I thought it would after running at 1.82 for as long as I did.
    VZW Pre Plus 2.1.0 w/SR71 running at 1.2 Ghz; VZW Pix Plus Stock.
    people really need to search a little. 1.5ghz is NOT overclocking, anything more is. I've been running 1.7, no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    You'll become impatient and expect everything in your life to run just as smoothly and quickly
    please overlock that sentence... it's way too long.
    zc1, sevusal14 and retroblu like this.
  15. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    please overlock that sentence... it's way too long.
    Nicely played
    running 1.8 on f4, been issue free for about a month. No noticeable decrease in battery life, but I am sure there is if you use 8 hrs per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlion42 View Post
    I just swapped ou FC15 for UberKernel running at 1.5GHz to save on battery life and I have to say it feel snappier than I thought it would after running at 1.82 for as long as I did.
    I did the same.

Have you tweaked any of the settings in UberKernel? Are the default advanced settings the best? I'm not sure what they all do.
    Quote Originally Posted by erick161 View Post
    people really need to search a little. 1.5ghz is NOT overclocking, anything more is. I've been running 1.7, no issues.
    Exactly. I wish this topic would stop popping up. I believe the Touchpad is the only tablet that has a 1.5 ghz CPU, but was underclocked to supposedly try and match the iPads battery life.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    If you read the tech specs, the processor family is spec up to 1.5ghz, however, according to wiki, our model is only 1.2ghz. *This likely means that the sister chip in the family is the one that is 1.5ghz, and although it may be possible that all of them in the wild actually will run at 1.5 with out problems, the actual specs for the chips are not known. *It could also mean that all of the chips in the family will run up to 1.5 but that's not really known since the touchpads are the onlything that got this model.

I haven't heard of anyone cracking open any of the ultra rare 1.5ghz models and saying that they do, without a doubt, have the same processor, rather than the other more common model. If they do, then I totally take this back.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    One possible negative effect is that if you brick your Touchpad and can't return it back to the standard kernel, there is a possibility that HP might decide that you have voided the terms of your warranty. I say "possibility" as I've not heard of this actually happening to anyone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast