Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    I'm using warthog but i was clocked at 1.5 for a time. it was really nice. used ondemandtcl setting. and noop/cubic? but i cant remember why but now im back on 1.2ghz.

I did notice the TP getting hot. then again im in the tropics... So you can say that's a negative...

Point to note... i noticed if i restart... my govnah profile is reset so it went straight up to 1.7..ghz so watch out for that.
    ohh and if you see your CPU2 is at 0ghz dont worry... that's how the system works.
    Same here... sort of. For some reason I can't get a custom profile to save permanently in Govnah. It will revert back to stock uberkernel profile within 12 hours or on every reboot. All I'm really doing with my custom profile is decrease my up threshold from 95 to 90%, to make it a bit snappier on up scaling.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Myn’s Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post
    Same here... sort of. For some reason I can't get a custom profile to save permanently in Govnah. It will revert back to stock uberkernel profile within 12 hours or on every reboot. All I'm really doing with my custom profile is decrease my up threshold from 95 to 90%, to make it a bit snappier on up scaling.
    delete and reinstall govnah

Quote Originally Posted by leeosenton View Post
    So I can expect a pass on warranty terms from HP because Qualcomm said the chip was intended to clock to 1.5Ghz? Something tells me HP may not play it that way. Be real, if you overclock (or whatever you call changing the clock rate to 1.5Ghz) you should be prepared to eat it if anything goes wrong. With that said (and a long history in electronics and now computers), I agree that the 1.5Ghz rate looks safe, but is it really cool to pass it off to others as no risk involved?
    Say no risk is involved? Probably not, but again, 1.5ghz is not overclocking THIS chip. Are you overclocking the touchpad? Yes, technically, but not the chip. Its capable of stable 1.5ghz.

As speculated, they probably rated it at 1.2ghz for optimal battery life and the ability to make the public perceive the 64gb was better and faster.
    i did 1.9 but it freezes... ugh i want 2.1 stable
    I oc'd mine with uberkernel for a few weeks, but I noticed it was behaving strangely with flash video content (video disappearing, replaced with blank grey screen, randomly stopping during playback, generally unreliable). So yesterday I went back to the stock kernel and everything I tried (Youtube, ESPN3, HBO Go) was actually useable. I then tried warthog at 1.7 and observed the same flash video problems I had with Uberkernel, so I returned again to the stock kernel. Has anybody else noticed this?
    I've had my TP for about a month now. I oc'd to 1.7, using Warthog, for a while, with no problems. I changed kernels and I'm now using Uber, oc'd to 1.5. No problems, so far :-)
    @eff20see, are you sure that simply restarting the device didn't fix the problem? A number of apps have bad memory leaks. If you look in Govnah you'll see memory use slowly creeping up over time even with all apps closed. I've found when it gets to around 800 mb the Touchpad can start having issues and flash, a memory hog, is one of the first to have trouble.

An occasional reboot cures a lot of funny behavior, and using jstop's auto garbage collecting can make the need to reboot much less frequent.
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    i did 1.9 but it freezes... ugh i want 2.1 stable
    there are upcoming smartphones running stable at 2.2GHz straight from the factory.....

I really don't think running 1.5GHz should be called overclocking. It's just restoring
    the processor to its original design. (kind of like removing the mosaic from
    Japanese adult videos...)
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by erick161 View Post
    delete and reinstall govnah

Tried that, didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    @eff20see, are you sure that simply restarting the device didn't fix the problem? A number of apps have bad memory leaks. If you look in Govnah you'll see memory use slowly creeping up over time even with all apps closed. I've found when it gets to around 800 mb the Touchpad can start having issues and flash, a memory hog, is one of the first to have trouble.

An occasional reboot cures a lot of funny behavior, and using jstop's auto garbage collecting can make the need to reboot much less frequent.
    my testing was anything but scientific, but I did reboot the touchpad when I tried installing warthog, and in my quick testing, warthog was showing the same type of problems that I had observed in uberkernel.

Today, I reinstalled warthog, clocked it to 1.5GHz and tried ESPN3 and HBO Go again, and TODAY they both appear to be working fine with the overclocked kernel. So who knows what was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Did you set logging to minimal?
    How do I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    How do I do that?
    go to the phone app, bring up the dial pad, enter ##LOGS#(##5647#)
    touch "set logging to minimal" and confirm.

Oh no... how did I know that without looking?
    I must have been hanging around Precentral too long....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    How do I do that?

Reduce Logging & Patch ‘em Up

Congratulations, you made it this far and you no longer need a PC – all homebrews can be installed directly to your device via the new Preware application you’ll find in the app launcher, under Downloads. But wait – first you’ll want to minimize logging, which your TouchPad does a lot of (and thus suffers performance-wise). Open the Phone & Video Calls app and bring up the dialer.
    hp touchpad tablet
    Note: To do this you’ll either need a WebOS phone (simply pair via Bluetooth, voila – a dialer) or Skype account. Skype is probably the only solution for a lot of people, so set up your account (or a dummy account if you don’t have one) that will allow you access to the dialer.

Into the dialer type: ##5647# then tap call. The logging window will launch, and you’ll want to choose Clear Logs first before tapping Change Logging Levels and setting logging to minimal. Once done, exit the app – your logging levels are now changed.
    reference: HP TouchPad Setup Guide Part 1: Speed Up Your Tablet With Preware, Homebrew & Patches [WebOS]
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    (kind of like removing the mosaic from
    link or it did't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    link or it did't happen
    There is no way to remove mosaic from Japanese romantic videos.
    You'll just have to buy the same video in the overseas version with
    no mosaic.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    Originally Posted by Touchpaddle
    (kind of like removing the mosaic from
    link or it did't happen
    Just paste Leo's head on the mosiac...BING! Fixed! lol

In any event, have used both uber and F4 and have had no issues so far.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Running at 1.5 no effect. Runs nice WEBOS 3.0.2 would like to try 1.7 but I am running a little scare to try. The instrutions for going to 1.5ghz was very good have not seen any
    for 1.7ghz I am new to WEBOS so I will stay where I am 1.5ghz
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123