1.    #1  
    What does it do?

I really like the update that allows multiple XServer cards. Looks like development is headed toward making Ubuntu/Debian/Arch apps feel more native, with Xecutah serving as the launcher.

Edit: incorrectly attributed it to Xecutah changelog, it's in the ubuntuchroot changelog
    Last edited by Willard; 09/21/2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    What does it do?

I really like the update that allows multiple XServer cards. Looks like development is headed toward making Ubuntu/Debian/Arch apps feel more native, with Xecutah serving as the launcher.

Edit: incorrectly attributed it to Xecutah changelog, it's in the ubuntuchroot changelog
    It's a mistake. It should not have been released for the alpha feed before it was working.

BTW, you should not install things from the alpha feed without knowing what the update does.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/23/2011 at 03:21 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    Good advice, that's why I asked the question.

I use the alpha channel to read the change logs, see where development is headed.
    XApps is going to be a way to use Xecutah to call apps directly from inside a chroot - e.g. Chromium or XChat or LibreOffice.

-- Rod
  5.    #5  
    Great!

I was clumsily auto loading either a lxpanel, unity-2d-launcher, or dockx with a bunch of launchers for my various startup scripts (libreoffice, Firefox, VLC, full LXDE, etc).

Calling from Xecutah will make the apps feel more native. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    now I'm excited when's this coming?