1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a way (or maybe it's planned automagically for a future rel) to get the DISPLAY environment variable auto set when starting up an Xterm under the new Xecutah/Xserver/Xterm ? previously it was always 0.0, but now each new instance increments the phys display (ie to 1.0, 2.0, etc). Unfortunately I don't know how to find out how many times the user has started an Xterm. Previously I could just add " export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 " to a script and be happy. Doesn't work now.

thanks,
    --Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by christr View Post
    Anyone know of a way (or maybe it's planned automagically for a future rel) to get the DISPLAY environment variable auto set when starting up an Xterm under the new Xecutah/Xserver/Xterm ? previously it was always 0.0, but now each new instance increments the phys display (ie to 1.0, 2.0, etc). Unfortunately I don't know how to find out how many times the user has started an Xterm. Previously I could just add " export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 " to a script and be happy. Doesn't work now.

thanks,
    --Chris
    DISPLAY is set in XTerm 0.9.5

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You can put any env var you like in ~/.profile

I tried it in Xecutah/Xserver/Xterm and it works.

I also put aliases, etc in there.