Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having problems resolving ipkg.preware.org this morning? When I pull up preware it gives an error loading all the package feeds because this dns entry isn't valid.

And I can't get to it via a web browser or trying to do a dns lookup on popular dns lookup websites.

I'm running preware 1.8.3 on an HP Touchpad with 3.0.2. I'm getting the same errors on my pre-.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    me too....works fine on Touchpad but have error on Pre2
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Does not resolve on either my Pre+ or my TouchPad at the moment. Earlier (~4 hours ago) all seemed fine. Should also mention that now I am using my Pre+ 3G and earlier both devices were on my home WiFi.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I checked downforeveryoneorjustme.com and it says ipkg.preware.org is down

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm getting the same error my Touchpad.
    I'm getting the same here in New Zealand when I launch Preware and nslookup fails to return an ip address.
    Seems like it was an intermittent DNS issue at our hosting data center.

Should be fine now (at least it is fine for me).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yeah, it looks like the hostname that ipkg.preware.org points to no longer exists:

$ host ipkg.preware.org.
    ipkg.preware.org is an alias for ipkg2.preware.org.
    ipkg2.preware.org is an alias for milla.nas-admin.org.
    Host milla.nas-admin.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

The correct IP address is 140.211.169.161, so for now you can add that to your /etc/hosts file, and that will allow the Preware installer to work again.

140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org
    Still down for me as well here.

EDIT: 9:39 AM - Nevermind, works now!
    nope I getting this same error...
    Follow me on Twitter @MalikCirca1980
    The DNS change I made has a 1 hour TTL, so it may take up to an hour before you see the fix.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Yep, the cache for the old record just expired on my DNS resolver, so I am now seeing the updated info:

$ host ipkg.preware.org.
    ipkg.preware.org is an alias for ipkg2.preware.org.
    ipkg2.preware.org has address 140.211.169.161

Yay!
  13.    #13  
    Mine is working now on my touchpad. My Sprint Pre- via 3G is still getting the DNS error. Per the norm, Sprint is a bit slow to catch on...

Thanks Rod!
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    I am doing my first install of Preware on my Palm Pre Plus. When I go to webOS QuickInstall and click the blue arrow, the Ipkg Repository Viewer pops up but says 'cannot connect to ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/Package.gz. Is this the same thing you all are talking about? If so, I don't understand how to fix it. I'm kind of dense (lol) so I need step by step help. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The DNS change I made has a 1 hour TTL, so it may take up to an hour before you see the fix.

-- Rod
    Is there any way on webOS to clear the DNS cache?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Is there any way on webOS to clear the DNS cache?
    Easiest would be a reboot.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Easiest would be a reboot.

-- Rod
    I had a situation where I switched off wifi in order to bypass some filtering and go 3G - I have locked out a number of file sharing sites and due to kids but needed a pdf manual that was hosted on one. In any case the dns resolve was still cached from opendns and I couldn't clear it.

I tried java restart (webOS 1.4.5.1) and Luna Restart but neither worked. I think I did eventually reboot and that did work. Thanks for confirming this to be the best option.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

Since a few days I am experiencing serious problems with Preware on my HP/Palm Pre 3. No matter if I use WiFi oder 3G/GSM I do not get a connection to ipkg.preware.org. I get the error:

Could not resolve host: ipkg.preware.org
    I had a look into the preferences, the last update of the feeds was performed on the 24.08.2014.

When I try to install applications from Preware I get the error as well. If I try to install applications via WebOS QuickInstall it does not work.

So I put the IP address from above into my browser, it shows some directories, but as far as I can judge its all non WebOS stuff.

Does anyone have a hint for me? Thank you!

Kind regards

Fred
    ipkg.preware.org is gone. ipkg.preware.net is a replacement.

Read here: TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE

And don't double post in future, please.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast