Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    why when i do a memboot recover it reverts f15 -26 what is the best way to get my kernel back stock with out doctoring
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu View Post
    why when i do a memboot recover it reverts f15 -26 what is the best way to get my kernel back stock with out doctoring
    Unless you installed the Android IPK thing, you can always use the Palm Recovery kernel.

If you installed the Android IPK thing, a webOS Doctor will fix what it did.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinator View Post
    anything I add to the L2 cache boost makes my tp freeze, one time the screen colors inverted then froze. I decided to leave it alone
    Some TP can't handle the L2 overclocking. Hence why it's a selectable option.
    Live free or DIE!
    Installed kernel 79, it has the same problems as 78.
    Even a Performance profile with Turbo mode on, Power Save off drops to one core during suspend (this is good). When it comes back out, nothing will get the 2nd core started again (short of a reboot). This is confirmed by all of: Govnah, /sys/devices, and dnetc running only on a single core after suspend.
    Similarly, after a profile with Power Save on turns off the 2nd core, nothing will get the core started again (short of a reboot). Switching to a Performance profile won't do it, regardless of the CPU load.
    Otherwise 79 works fine. I haven't found any bugs not already in 78.
    Thanks for all the hard work.
    P.S. I love the ability to ignore niced processes when counting the load for Govnah.
    HP has released incorrect kernel source code for webOS 3.0.4, so kernels based on 3.0.4 source code will be delayed.

We released some kernels for 3.0.4 based on the 3.0.2 source code into the alpha and beta testing feeds. Note that the camera application breaks. Other things probably break too. Don't bother reporting things until we get the real 3.0.4 kernel source code.

We expect all alpha and beta testers (the only people who will see these 3.0.4 custom kernels built from 3.0.2 sources) to follow the threads in which I've posted this message. This is an obligation that people using the alpha and beta testing feeds accept when they add those feeds. See testing.preware.org for a list of your obligations.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    The problems I described of 78 & 79 not re-activating the 2nd core were with WebOS 3.0.2 (latest).

I'm testing 3.0.4 now (stock from HP) and it's smooth & fast, and properly re-activates the 2nd core when needed.
    -80, 1.728 (selecting anything higher the device locks up the moment I hit "Apply"), with NOOP, Power Save false, Turbo True, L2 Boost = 1, results in a 89 on the lithium bench.

*wonders if there are any other interesting parameters to play with*

*and after about 10 minutes after running the benchmark, it randomly rebooted .. oh well. turns off L2 boost*

*after running several benchmarks, i returned to Govnah, and it says CPU 2 is N/A .. haven't really noticed any difference in performance though*

*after a few more minutes, i notice that the touchpad is rather warm to the touch, and that core 1 is showing constant 1.7ghz.
    Last edited by eblade; 10/20/2011 at 05:14 AM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Updated to the latest kernel and can confirm it works great with 3.0.4. All 720p and 1080p youtube videos i play are buttery smooth after overclocking to 1.8
    Possible issue with F15 released today 10/20/11 (v3.0.4-79). I have lost wifi/intenet randomly several times today which has never happened before with any kernel. Turning on then off airplane mode fixes the problem. 1st time was about 30 minutes after installing F15 update. Wifi showed 0 bars. Second time was an hour or so later, wifi showed full bars but apps reported no internet. Has anybody else experienced this?
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigOldDog View Post
    Possible issue with F15 released today 10/20/11 (v3.0.4-79). I have lost wifi/intenet randomly several times today which has never happened before with any kernel. Turning on then off airplane mode fixes the problem. 1st time was about 30 minutes after installing F15 update. Wifi showed 0 bars. Second time was an hour or so later, wifi showed full bars but apps reported no internet. Has anybody else experienced this?
    -79 is not the latest version, and that was release days ago.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    -79 is not the latest version, and that was release days ago.
    That's strange. It showed up as an update in preware this morning. I just confirmed on second TP that 3.0.4-79 is being pushed out as an update to another version installed that claims to be the same version number.

When I click on F15C icon it claims to be 3.0.4-79 and offers to "Update" or "Remove" the version preware offers as an update says it is 3.0.4-79
    That's strange. It showed up as an update in preware this morning. I just confirmed on second TP that 3.0.4-79 is being pushed out as an update to another version installed that claims to be the same version number.

When I click on F15C icon it claims to be 3.0.4-79 and offers to "Update" or "Remove" the version preware offers as an update says it is 3.0.4-79
    Do you have alpha and beta feeds enabled in Preware? My TouchPad is properly showing 80 (or 81; F4 has whichever other point release number).
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  13.    #93  

You should uninstall it. -79 was based on broken Palm kernel sources.

As mentioned in the above post, F15-80 and F4-81 are the current builds. Nothing has changed in them feature-wise, just a version bump to reflect newer Palm (correct) kernel sources.

Also make sure your Preware feed is reading 3.0.4 feeds and not 3.0.2.
    Live free or DIE!
    I uninstalled. Confirmed Palm default. Went back to preware->Kernel->Alpha->F15C Eagle->Changelog reads 3.0.4--79. Is it really -80?

EDIT:
    The changelog says -79 but the text under the title in Preware says -80.
    Last edited by TheBigOldDog; 10/20/2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have a 16 gig TP with the new HP update and preware.
    Since the update it crashes and restarts a few seconds into playing YouTube videos.
    The problem happens when I'm oc'ed and it happens when I remove the oc kernel.
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman View Post
    I have a 16 gig TP with the new HP update and preware.
    Since the update it crashes and restarts a few seconds into playing YouTube videos.
    The problem happens when I'm oc'ed and it happens when I remove the oc kernel.
    Did I read that right? YouTube crashes when no OC kernel is installed?

And you didnt specify any Govnah profile or any way to reproduce it.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman View Post
    it happens when I remove the oc kernel.
    That would indicate the issue is not associated with the oc kernel.

Have you installed the kernel, tested, uninstalled the kernel, tested, and repeated two more times, doing a full device restart each time, to prove one way or the other?

-- Rod
    1) Long time f15 user, first time poster: Very proud to report that with -80 my TP scored a 73 in lithium @ 1.89 with turbo mode and l2 enabled!

2) unfortunately I'm also still getting the strange cpu2 = 0 bug (although it said "N/A" in past builds). I will work on reproducing it if it's needed.

edit: turbo mode has no effect
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyTP View Post
    2) unfortunately I'm also still getting the strange cpu2 = 0 bug (although it said "N/A" in past builds).
    You have read the package detailed description in Preware, right?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You have read the package detailed description in Preware, right?

-- Rod
    yes, I have read it thoroughly. I just thought it was adequately described above by eblade (I'm also in bed with the TP). And I've also not seen any change in performance. When it crops up again I'll fully describe the settings in govnah, etc.

edit: I'm not saying, "I'm freaking out that my tp idles with c1@192 and c2@0," I'm saying that even with turbo mode enabled and under full load cpu2 doesn't budge, regardless of any change in settings, and that it doesn't report correctly again until I perform a full restart. I am not sure, however, what set of circumstances triggers the condition. I will report back when it resurfaces.
    Last edited by WesleyTP; 10/21/2011 at 02:53 AM.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast