Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree9Likes
    Hello, I'm using your kernel on my 64GB TP and it's very stable. Can you build a module fuse.ko and ntfs-3g to support NTFS on webOS? Moreover, I'm very new in Linux, can you give me a tutorial to build a kernel or a module for webOS? Thank you in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by hakkinen View Post
    .....can you give me a tutorial to build a kernel or a module for webOS? Thank you in advance
    Building Apps and Kernels - WebOS Internals
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I think that a module can only run in a custom kernel if it is compiled with the custom kernel. Unixpsycho, can you compile a fuse.ko module please?
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakkinen View Post
    I think that a module can only run in a custom kernel if it is compiled with the custom kernel. Unixpsycho, can you compile a fuse.ko module please?
    Why? FUSE is built in to the kernel already. Take the .config from F4 running kernel and build any external modules you want.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    hello unixpsycho, any chance you would make f4 phantom available for 3.0.2. ?

I'm running 3.0.2. After removing it I can no longer install it back.

really miss the speed. :'(
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    hello unixpsycho, any chance you would make f4 phantom available for 3.0.2. ?

I'm running 3.0.2. After removing it I can no longer install it back.

really miss the speed. :'(
    It was never removed and was always available.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    It was never removed and was always available.
    I meant I removed the f4 kernel from my TP and then I can no longer install it back.

when I tried to install it back, it only installed a placeholder. And I saw the app description that it's not currently available for 3.0.2.

that's why I figure that.
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    I meant I removed the f4 kernel from my TP and then I can no longer install it back.

when I tried to install it back, it only installed a placeholder. And I saw the app description that it's not currently available for 3.0.2.

that's why I figure that.
    I'll force a rebuild. But I never removed it, must have failed somewhere.
    Live free or DIE!
    I am seeing that it is unavailable for 3.0.2 again. would it be possible to get an ipk of it, so i have a backup in case i need to doctor...or maybe an ipk of one of the prior builds where we were able to have turbo and powersave in f4?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    I am seeing that it is unavailable for 3.0.2 again. would it be possible to get an ipk of it, so i have a backup in case i need to doctor...or maybe an ipk of one of the prior builds where we were able to have turbo and powersave in f4?
    All prior builds of all WebOS Internals packages are always available on ipkg.preware.org

-- Rod
    that's great! thanks Rod. what would happen if one installs a 3.0.4 version of a kernel on a touchpad 3.0.2?
    You can't it won't show up in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    You can't it won't show up in Preware.
    all the builds are posted on web internals ftp. 2 posts before your reply. read.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    all the builds are posted on web internals ftp. 2 posts before your reply. read.
    There is a version check in the package.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    There is a version check in the package.
    thanks, i figured it might be something like this
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Sorry for posting in an old thread but I recently got a new touchpad and enabled the beta feeds and wanted to try this kernel. Is there a new thread for discussion somewhere or anything? Thanks.
    this is the correct thread but there are just no new post or updates (and no way to get older versions, eg for me the f-15c latest version is very unstable, (just having it installed, No changes what so ever, causes the device to freeze after a few minutes.

it is getting close to a year since the last update of any of the kernels.

but the F4 phantom is pretty stable, I have been using it for a few months now and have had only a few freezes (which I believe are due to webos 3.0.5 and not this kernel (you know that issue when the device gets really slow, eg currently running apps will work fine but you are unable to launch anything and if you close an app you cant launch another and after it hasa been in that state for a while, if it goes into standby you will not be able to bring it back out unless you do a hard reset)

anyway, if you wast a great performing kernel, the current best is F4 Phantom (just wish he would add a option for 1.89-1.9GHz as that is the top stable speed on my tablet (tested with android)

For android, I can do a L2 overclock, and GPU overclock which offers nearly a 30% boost in GPU performance, and push both cores to 1.89GHz handle a long stretch of playing GTA3 on the HP touchpad with no issue (the GPU overclock even makes it so the game is silky smooth even in the inner city areas where it would otherwise have framerate drops)

Hopefully the next step for these kernels will be to offer some good GPU overclocks, More detail on the L2 overclock, and at least 1.89GHz CPU overclock
    All previous versions of all kernels are in the feeds. Download manually and install with Preware.

-- Rod
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567