Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yeah, you just install it. It doesn't have anything to do at all with Cyanogen

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Except when CM7 uses up all the free space in /boot ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I have this kernel installed and I have CM7 also. I didn't run into any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    I have this kernel installed and I have CM7 also. I didn't run into any problems.
    Then as a beta tester you should confer with noobftw and work out whether the issue that person is having is due to different stuff in /boot between both of you, or just something incorrect they have done.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Except when CM7 uses up all the free space in /boot ...

-- Rod
    that I haven't experienced with either 3.0.2 and a1 or 3.0.4 and a2.1.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    i may just have 2 doctor then, it must b to do with the cm7 install, darnnn it i love this kernel aswell its blazing fast, so i dnt rearlly have an option other then doctoring ?

pre - * *pre 2 * * hp touchpad
    "du" is reporting a mere 18mb in my /boot, "df" reports 22mb, with almost 9mb still free. As far as cm7 files, I have uImage.ClockwordMod, uImage.CyanogenMod , uImage.moboot, and a couple of tiny moboot files. Perhaps you installed something more than that to the boot area?

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    eblade can you please explain how i get to this directory through novacom to check how much space i have free and what files i have there, i am not a complete noob by the way i am still learning everyday

i have installed all those files u listed, plus a google app cat fix

I think the idea is to find out if you have installed more than that, not just those. But this is really something for a different thread entirely.

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Unix:
    Just wanted to post as I have not been back kernel testing in awhile.

Using F4 -82 (just recently updated to it after migrating to webos 3.0.4); was previously using a ridiculously old version (-57).

In my experience; my TP runs fantastic at dual core 1.5Ghz all the time. A great blend of performance and battery life.

Running both cores @ 1.7Ghz (whether the old -57 or current -82) did work but eventually did cause a crash/shutdown (always when I was not watching!!) after 1-2 hours of usage. Otherwise, no discernable issues.

As such, no detailed logs etc. this time. Just a positive report.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    dee99ta likes this.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I had the same problem installing F4 with CM7 Warthog was fine. I had to move a cm uimage out of boot folder install F4 then move the uimage back after rebooting webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingtuk1 View Post
    I had the same problem installing F4 with CM7 Warthog was fine. I had to move a cm uimage out of boot folder install F4 then move the uimage back after rebooting webos.
    Remove CWM and there should be enough space.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thanks for all of your work! I have not had any issues so far. Well one, watching HD streaming video at 1.836ghz caused a reboot.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by digital_being View Post
    Thanks for all of your work! I have not had any issues so far. Well one, watching HD streaming video at 1.836ghz caused a reboot.
    Try not running at that speed.
    Live free or DIE!
    well i looked into the boot folder via internalz pro and these r the files i found, so i tried moving the update.uimage to media - internals then tried installing f4 still getting the same error, any1 ?

Last edited by noobftw; 10/25/2011 at 07:46 AM.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    well i looked into the boot folder via internalz pro and these r the files i found, so i tried moving the update.uimage to media - internals then tried installing f4 still getting the same error, any1 ?
    Please refrain from posting about problems with CM7 in this thread. This has nothing to do with this kernel. You chose to install CM7 in an alpha state, with that comes responsibilities of knowing how to get debug info for them and fixing your device in a broken situation.

There have been posts giving hints on how to get this installed. This thread is not the place to discuss Linux 101 nor another unsupported operating system, the thread OP clearly states this.
    Live free or DIE!
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    ok

just wanted a bit of help thts all :-(

Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    just wanted a bit of help thts all :-(
    Use the webOS Doctor to restore your device to a consistent state.

-- Rod
    i managed 2 do it without doctoring :-) thanks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast