Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hhy2k View Post
    I found a serious glitch. Text is degrading in the browser with scrolling. You scroll a few lines a couple of times and the pixels are getting misaligned. This does not happen in the Original kernel and warthog-68 1.7. Also, I don't remember this being an issue with the previous version of F4., but there is no way for me to test that (I do only beta and it's not in the feed). The pixel mismatch clears right away after a pinch to zoom, but they get misaligned with scrolling after a few steps.

Setup: min384, max 1.835 everything else is untouched F4
    I tested this further (did a lot of web browsing . Some sites are better than others. May be it is not the kernel's problem at all. It seems, that on some sites when I scroll the browser does not do a "final rendering" when the scrolling is done, so the text and picture degrades with scrolling. On the other hand, on some sites it always does such a final rendering so everything remains perfect. A final rendering is ALWAYS done after pinch to zoom. This is a minor bug, probably an easy fix for someone knows what he's doing... But I think it would be a major improvement towards the quality of the webOS experience.
    HP has released incorrect kernel source code for webOS 3.0.4, so kernels based on 3.0.4 source code will be delayed.

We released some kernels for 3.0.4 based on the 3.0.2 source code into the alpha and beta testing feeds. Note that the camera application breaks. Other things probably break too. Don't bother reporting things until we get the real 3.0.4 kernel source code.

We expect all alpha and beta testers (the only people who will see these 3.0.4 custom kernels built from 3.0.2 sources) to follow the threads in which I've posted this message. This is an obligation that people using the alpha and beta testing feeds accept when they add those feeds. See testing.preware.org for a list of your obligations.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    3.0.4 update solved all the text rendering issues I have been having while scrolling and reported earlier. (even with the faux 3.0.4 F4 update it was solved) This later scored 91 in lithium (compared to 96 before, version 78). Now I am back to the Palm core, waiting for the real update.

Update: with the new v81 kernel lithium comes in at 82 points... Wow, thanks man!
    Last edited by hhy2k; 10/19/2011 at 08:22 PM.
    F4 kernel beta is now available. I installed it over preware and my TP is now running Webos 3.0.4 at 1.8Ghz. Very very fast
    With the new beta F4 and WebOS3.04 I'm only getting 1.728 GHz ;-)

Which Govnah profile settings are you using?

What's your Lithium score? My first run was 84 then later run 89. First was with wi-fi and bluetooth enabled and not on charger and after using the TouchPad for awhile.

The second slower score was with Wifi/BT off, charger connected, and benchmark ran right after a restart. Maybe a bunch of background processes running right after restart?

Is there a GUI utility available to show running services/processes in WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyTrain View Post
    Maybe a bunch of background processes running right after restart?
    That is exactly what does happen.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  7.    #87  

What's your Lithium score? My first run was 84 then later run 89. First was with wi-fi and bluetooth enabled and not on charger and after using the TouchPad for awhile.

The second slower score was with Wifi/BT off, charger connected, and benchmark ran right after a restart. Maybe a bunch of background processes running right after restart?

Doing benchmarks on a multi-user system is flawed to say the least. There are too many things going on in the background to get an accurate score.
    Live free or DIE!
    Thanks Rod & Marco.

Yes, after restarting the TouchPad I let it sit for five minutes. Then run the Lithium benchmark. Scored 82. Of course, the score is just a relative curiosity for me.

Apologies if this is off-topic. To identify WebOS background processes, what do you recommend? CLI command like "ps" or "top" run in Xterm. Or is there a WebOS custom command (or Preware app) available to view processes or take a snapshot of TouchPad memory/cpu usage patterns and/or log to view?
    Just wanted to say that I haven't used F4 since the very first always-on kernel, back when it was a part of F15. I (accidentally) installed it today, and I see it has come quite a long ways. The feature set is phenomenal. It's most likely a combination of the speed improvements built-in to 3.0.4 and the maturity of F4 as a kernel, but I should mention that my TouchPad is now, err how do I put this, well it's very very fast now, maybe ridiculous fast. Not quite ludicrous, but fast nonetheless.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Just wanted to say that I haven't used F4 since the very first always-on kernel, back when it was a part of F15. I (accidentally) installed it today, and I see it has come quite a long ways. The feature set is phenomenal. It's most likely a combination of the speed improvements built-in to 3.0.4 and the maturity of F4 as a kernel, but I should mention that my TouchPad is now, err how do I put this, well it's very very fast now, maybe ridiculous fast. Not quite ludicrous, but fast nonetheless.
    Things move along quick. Considering this isn't our full-time jobs .
    Live free or DIE!
    fxspec06 likes this.
  11.    #91  
    Thanks Rod & Marco.

Yes, after restarting the TouchPad I let it sit for five minutes. Then run the Lithium benchmark. Scored 82. Of course, the score is just a relative curiosity for me.

Apologies if this is off-topic. To identify WebOS background processes, what do you recommend? CLI command like "ps" or "top" run in Xterm. Or is there a WebOS custom command (or Preware app) available to view processes or take a snapshot of TouchPad memory/cpu usage patterns and/or log to view?
    top and ps work fine in CLI. I dont know what's available for UI based tools tho.

I am biased towards command line since i'm old school.
    Live free or DIE!
    i am having problems installing this kernel guys, i get this error

the weird thing is that i can successfully install uberkernal and the default palm 3.0.4 kernel, also i have cyanogenmod android on my touchpad aswell, hmmmmmmm ?
    Last edited by noobftw; 10/21/2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: mistake
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    i am having problems installing this kernel guys, i get this error

Click to view quoted image

the weird thing is that i can successfully install uberkernal and the default palm 3.0.4 kernel, also i have cyanogenmod android on my touchpad aswell, hmmmmmmm ?
    There goes your problem . My kernels are bigger so I am not surprised it will error out. Too many reports of CM7 custom kernel problems (all kernels). I havent tried myself on the TP, I run CM7 only on my phones.

You can get the kernel installed but it's not for the faint of heart.

BTW: it's UberKernEl
    Live free or DIE!

How do I get the lithium score, sorry I am not yest familiat with this ?
    I loaded this kernel this morning. BLAZING fast performance. Scored an 83 on Lithium @1.7ghz. Only one problem though. Videos on every site go choppy, or stop playing altogether after a short period of time. The audio still plays though. I uninstalled the kernal and Govnah and watched the same videos again. They quit being choppy and play completely through. Any thoughts?
    CM7 installs extra things in /boot which doesn't leave enough room for this kernel. You'll need to uninstall CM7.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    CM7 installs extra things in /boot which doesn't leave enough room for this kernel. You'll need to uninstall CM7.
    Are you referring to mindbend's comment about choppy video right above your post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Are you referring to mindbend's comment about choppy video right above your post?
    No.
    so is there any way i can get f4 phantom to install without uninstalling cyanogenmod ? thanks 4 gtn back to me

pre - * *pre 2 * * hp touchpad
    Yeah, you just install it. It doesn't have anything to do at all with Cyanogen

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast