Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    Thank you so much for this. I thought I was bricked good. Then found this how to. So glad as I was putting android back on my buddies HP TP. Eventhough I told him it was at his own risk. I felt like crap when it would not webos dr.

Thank you, Thank you , thank you.

Devices to date
    2 16gb TP's
    1 32gb TP
    1 16gb Asus transformer
    2 Pre's Girl friend still rolls her's I'm on an epic 4g.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hi,

maybe some help for the ones getting this error trying to perform the stuck @ 12% repair procedure :

/dev/mapper/store-media: No such file or directory

I had it too on my Pre 2, so I tried to follow the procedure given here when the Dr. is stuck at 8 % :

First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):

novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage

After it boots, run novaterm:

novaterm

Once connected to the device, type:

lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure

then type:

mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media

Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor.
    I skipped the first step as I was able to access the terminal. I just typed the 3 last commands, it tooks some secs then I went back to recovery mode and doctored successfully.

Good Luck !

Lionel
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadtaz View Post
    It seems that this particular issue is revolving around an issue with "resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media" and the fact that the fat size is different than the backup.

I did a bit of research and came up with the following solution:

Run WebOS Doctor via CMD line "java -jar webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jar"

When the Dr. hangs up at 12% open novaterm and connect to your device

Then type the following command:

dosfsck -r /dev/mapper/store-media

And follow the prompts to correct the fat size to the backup (I believe I chose option 2 and then restore to backup and then 'Y')

Now put your tablet back into recovery mode and re-run WebOS Doctor. The error where it is hanging up should be gone and the system will flash completely.

(Comments on attempts appreciated)

OK - I had an issue after running webos doc 3.0.2 so I ran 3.0.0 - after it finished I had to plug the tablet into a power outlet and let it charge for a bit before it let me set up the system. It was hung up at the stupid HP splash screen for maybe 5-10 minutes but once it charged I got the prompt to select a language.

-I'd appreciate someone else trying this work around to verify. I'd hate for it to only work on mine
    My touchpad freezed at 12% in WebOs Doctor recovery process and I followed your directions to fix it. My problem was fixed. Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusCrawler View Post
    Hello there,

I had more or less the same issue on my PrPrPr$3$.

However I had another issue: the novaterm software kept continually on crashing on every character I typed. As a result, it was impractical to use the interactive fix of dosfsck like recommended in this post.

Instead I tried using the automatic fix of dosfsck, however it took him so much time to work that I gave up before it finished. Also, some messages hinted that he wouldn't fix everything in non-interactive mode.

Finally, sure as hell that nothing was good on this filesystem, I tried to format it anew by using the following command in novaterm:

mkfs.msdos /dev/mapper/store-media

It was risky but then, as I hoped, I could use webOS Dotcor on my device with no more issue.

Hope this can help other people in the same situation!
    thanks for turning my brickpad back into a touchpad
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    OK, I am having the problem with the webOS Doctor failing at 12%. I have run the doctor from a command line and this is what I ended up with. I have no way to translate this. Can someone give me some guidance?

Dec 8, 2011 9:40:08 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPr
    int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "/sbin/**** -a /dev/mapper/store-log"

Dec 8, 2011 9:40:08 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPr
    int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: **** 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: /var/log: recovering journal

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: ****.ext3: unable to set superblock flags on /var/log

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat:

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Executing /tmp/do_format_dev_mapper_store-mojodb.sh

Dec 8, 2011 9:40:09 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPr
    int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> Unable to handle LV mojodb

Dec 8, 2011 9:40:09 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPr
    int

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -an store"

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: File descriptor 3 (/dev/mmcblk0) leaked on lvm.static invocati
    on. Parent PID 2793: sh

Dec 8, 2011 9:40:10 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPr
    int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: 0 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active

Dec 8, 2011 9:40:10 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPr
    int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Broken pipe

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed

Dec 8, 2011 9:40:10 AM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream logWarning
    WARNING: SocketException Cmd: file:///sbin/trenchcoat
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readArray(PacketReader.java:44
    )
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.readPacket(PacketReader.java:5
    8)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.PacketReader.read(PacketReader.java:87)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream.read(NovacomSocketStrea
    m.java:127)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomBaseStream.readLine(NovacomBaseStrea
    m.java:42)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage$TrenchcoatReaderT
    hread.run(TrenchcoatStage.java:194)
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:10 AM com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage$Trenc
    hcoatReaderThread run
    WARNING:
    )
    8)
    int
    INFO: <ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed

int
    INFO: trenchcoat retries exhausted

Dec 8, 2011 9:40:10 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postF
    lashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    Trenchcoat error: <ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage.run(TrenchcoatSta
    ge.java:104)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:472
    )
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:10 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postF
    lashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1323358810448
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:10 AM com.palm.nova.installer.core.RdxUtils saveLogs
    INFO: from C:\DOCUME~1\DOUGLA~1.COR\LOCALS~1\Temp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog1.log.
    INFO: to C:\DOCUME~1\DOUGLA~1.COR\LOCALS~1\Temp\palmInstallerError0.log
    INFO: from C:\DOCUME~1\DOUGLA~1.COR\LOCALS~1\Temp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.
    INFO: to C:\DOCUME~1\DOUGLA~1.COR\LOCALS~1\Temp\palmInstallerError1.log
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:12 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handl
    eFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:12 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handl
    eFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    )
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:13 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscove
    ryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:13 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscove
    INFO: got devices 1
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:13 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runne
    rFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:13 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runne
    rFinished
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hello there,

However I had another issue: the novaterm software kept continually on crashing on every character I typed. As a result, it was impractical to use the interactive fix of dosfsck like recommended in this post.

Instead I tried using the automatic fix of dosfsck, however it took him so much time to work that I gave up before it finished. Also, some messages hinted that he wouldn't fix everything in non-interactive mode.

Finally, sure as hell that nothing was good on this filesystem, I tried to format it anew by using the following command in novaterm:

It was risky but then, as I hoped, I could use webOS Dotcor on my device with no more issue.

A very big thanks to save my Pre3 from being thrown in a BIN. You are a saviour.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS Thanks a million.
    I have no clue on what I am doing but I have to get my touchpad working again. I had CM7 with a dual boot Webos running Preware. I wanted to restore back to original and start over clean. I went to try and use Webos Doctor and it hung up at 12%. Now all I can get to is the recovery mode "the usb symbol". Doctor fails on multiple attempts. So let me know if what I am going to try is the right thing to do.

If I have any hangups then I will post for assistance.. Thanks in advance..

It seems that this particular issue is revolving around an issue with "resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media" and the fact that the fat size is different than the backup.

And follow the prompts to correct the fat size to the backup (I believe I chose option 2 and then restore to backup and then 'Y')

Now put your tablet back into recovery mode and re-run WebOS Doctor. The error where it is hanging up should be gone and the system will flash completely.

OK - I had an issue after running webos doc 3.0.2 so I ran 3.0.0 - after it finished I had to plug the tablet into a power outlet and let it charge for a bit before it let me set up the system. It was hung up at the stupid HP splash screen for maybe 5-10 minutes but once it charged I got the prompt to select a language.

-I'd appreciate someone else trying this work around to verify. I'd hate for it to only work on mine
    Quote Originally Posted by txsholdem224 View Post
    I have no clue on what I am doing but I have to get my touchpad working again. I had CM7 with a dual boot Webos running Preware. I wanted to restore back to original and start over clean. I went to try and use Webos Doctor and it hung up at 12%. Now all I can get to is the recovery mode "the usb symbol". Doctor fails on multiple attempts. So let me know if what I am going to try is the right thing to do.

If I have any hangups then I will post for assistance.. Thanks in advance..
    instead of downloading the 3.0.4 doctor use the 3.0.0 doctor it should work fine, then you can update from there, let me know if that works for you

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    (download the 3.0.0 one)

i had the same issue as some of these people, so i finally managed to get it working and then decided to try and 'break' my touchpad again to see if i could consistently 'fix' it, what worked what didn't work... for me using the 3.0.0 doctor has worked multiple times
    lemme know how it goes
    OK I have restored my Touchpad.. I will write the scripts and post later. I am going thru updates and a redownload of CM7 Alpha 3.. I did not use a multiple of peoples processes and it worked great..
    "WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card"

I get this exact same thing that you have. Still haven't found any solution to it.
    My Paddie has been stuck for months now. I've even put this problem in to this thread before.
    There just has to be a way to fix this.
    Hello there,

I just wanted to say thank you so much! This method saved my Touchpad!
    Shiggitay likes this.
    onebadtaz, ty ty ty ty ty ty! xD I think my Android partitioning back and forth made things a bit screwy, but your trick here worked a charm! Much appreciated! I'd buy you a beer if you were in my area (if you're 21+). :P
    For anyone who has a similar output as dgcorn below, delete everything from the "build" and "downloads" sub-folders within your meta-doctor folder, and rebuild your meta doctor again using the appropriate script. That is what worked for me when I encountered this same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    OK, I am having the problem with the webOS Doctor failing at 12%. I have run the doctor from a command line and this is what I ended up with. I have no way to translate this. Can someone give me some guidance?

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "/sbin/**** -a /dev/mapper/store-log"

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: **** 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: /var/log: recovering journal

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: ****.ext3: unable to set superblock flags on /var/log

int

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Executing /tmp/do_format_dev_mapper_store-mojodb.sh

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> Unable to handle LV mojodb

int

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -an store"

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: File descriptor 3 (/dev/mmcblk0) leaked on lvm.static invocati
    on. Parent PID 2793: sh

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: 0 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Broken pipe

int
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed

)
    8)
    Dec 8, 2011 9:40:10 AM com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.TrenchcoatStage$Trenc
    hcoatReaderThread run
    WARNING:
    )
    8)
    int
    INFO: <ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed

int
    INFO: trenchcoat retries exhausted

lashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    )
    lashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1323358810448
    INFO: from C:\DOCUME~1\DOUGLA~1.COR\LOCALS~1\Temp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog1.log.
    INFO: to C:\DOCUME~1\DOUGLA~1.COR\LOCALS~1\Temp\palmInstallerError0.log
    INFO: from C:\DOCUME~1\DOUGLA~1.COR\LOCALS~1\Temp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.
    INFO: to C:\DOCUME~1\DOUGLA~1.COR\LOCALS~1\Temp\palmInstallerError1.log
    eFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    eFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    )
    INFO: got controller
    INFO: got devices 1
    rFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    rFinished
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card

Thank you so much. I do follow your guide and fix the problems. Now, I just re-install apps and setting account.
    Treo 650>Pre3
    I am so completely lost with this. I have the 12% problem like everyone else. I have both 3.0 and 3.04 versions of the WebOS Doctor downloaded. I have Virtual Box downloaded and the SDK downloaded. I am clueless from here. Can anyone help me please? I have read and re-read all the posts in this thread and I am as confused as ever. I dont want to wait 2 weeks for the repair process with HP
    Quote Originally Posted by MY05GLI View Post
    thanks for turning my brickpad back into a touchpad
    holy Moses this method worked for me too. Just when I was about to give up.... Thank you so much!
    Thank you for this had no clue how to fix. thank god for the internet. worked perfect once i figured it out. i had to fix like 20 things my TP was all missed up cant live without the damn thing
    Hello there,

Trying this right now on my Pre3- it definitely has gotten me past 12%!! Crossing my fingers it will finally complete.
    **update-doctored successfully and back at the check sim screen-all OK!
    Last edited by trippert57; 01/01/2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: additional info
    Thanks, problem solved! Enjoying my WebOS.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast