Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Howdy y'all,

I went to try and install warthog and/or f15c eagle yesterday and I kept receiving error messages. I read the log, and have no idea what most of it is saying. Right now, I have UberKernel installed and running. Do I need to switch back to the stock Palm kernel in order to install the other ones?

Thanks!

Here is the log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    95 4029k 95 3854k 0 0 577k 0 0:00:06 0:00:06 --:--:-- 681k
    100 4029k 100 4029k 0 0 581k 0 0:00:06 0:00:06 --:--:-- 675k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Before installing a different testing kernel; you need to uninstall the prior testing kernel.
    Follow all prompts carefully.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So I can't install multiple kernels and then just switch between them at will?
    Quote Originally Posted by slicetwo View Post
    So I can't install multiple kernels and then just switch between them at will?
    Nope. A kernel needs to be completely removed before installing the next. You can use Govnah to setup different profiles for that kernel however.

Everytime i install or update a kernel, this is the process I follow:

Uninstall old kernel using preware
    Uninstall govnah using preware
    Restart
    Install govnah in preware
    Restart
    Load govnah to verify factory defaults are back
    Exit govnah
    Install new kernel in preware
    Restart

Try the F4 Phantom kernel. It is fantastic.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    groovy. I'll try it. Any issues with overheating or anything?
    I run them all at 1.7. No overheating or issues of any kind.
    glad I found this thread. Why do some people say to reinstall the stock palm kernel when uninstalling and reinstalling kernels. I do same as you on my touch pad: choose kernel, uninstall old, plus gonna, reinstall gov, new kernel. I don't install the stock one then the new one. Iv been playing musical kernels, warthog is my final choice, had no issues after removing the unset io scheduler patch. Ciao
    Hi

I having this same issue and can't figure out how to restore to the default kernel. It is no where to be found in preware...am i looking in the wrong place? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gamatt53 View Post
    Hi

I having this same issue and can't figure out how to restore to the default kernel. It is no where to be found in preware...am i looking in the wrong place? thanks
    Its in preware under kernels, recovery, palm kernel
    Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    glad I found this thread. Why do some people say to reinstall the stock palm kernel when uninstalling and reinstalling kernels. I do same as you on my touch pad: choose kernel, uninstall old, plus gonna, reinstall gov, new kernel. I don't install the stock one then the new one. Iv been playing musical kernels, warthog is my final choice, had no issues after removing the unset io scheduler patch. Ciao
    I'm also confused on why it's mentioned. I have Uberkernel right now and want to install the F4 Phantom kernel. There seems to be conflicting info out there. One group says reinstall the default recovery kernel before adding another testing kernel and the others say the steps outlined a few steps above where it's not necessary to do so. Not sure who's correct. I would think reinstalling the default kernel is not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by gamatt53 View Post
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg76 View Post
    Do we really need to do this step though? If we uninstall Uberkernel and restart, isn't the Touchpad reverted back to the stock kernel by default? What's running on the tablet then if we need to install the default kernel ourselves between installations? Doesn't make sense to need to install the default kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg76 View Post
    I'm an ***** the feed that had this was turned off! No wonder I couldn't find it I am overclocked once again
    I'm also confused on why it's mentioned. I have Uberkernel right now and want to install the F4 Phantom kernel. There seems to be conflicting info out there. One group says reinstall the default recovery kernel before adding another testing kernel and the others say the steps outlined a few steps above where it's not necessary to do so. Not sure who's correct. I would think reinstalling the default kernel is not necessary.

Do we really need to do this step though? If we uninstall Uberkernel and restart, isn't the Touchpad reverted back to the stock kernel by default? What's running on the tablet then if we need to install the default kernel ourselves between installations? Doesn't make sense to need to install the default kernel.
    When everything is working perfectly, you can update the same kernel to a new version without uninstalling, and you can change kernels by simply uninstalling the old kernel (no need to reboot) then install the new kernel (need to reboot).

When things don't work perfectly, you my need one of the suggestions in this thread. But when things are working as designed, you do not need the extra steps or recovery kernel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Moretorque05 View Post
    Nope. A kernel needs to be completely removed before installing the next. You can use Govnah to setup different profiles for that kernel however.

Restart
    Restart
    Exit govnah
    Restart

I cannot find the F4 Phantom kernel. Any help to find it. I tried adding the feeds and I see an error log when loading preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moretorque05 View Post

Restart
    Restart
    Exit govnah
    Restart

How did you find F4 Phantom kernel. I cannot find it on preware. Thanks
    The F4 is available in the beta testing feed.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.