Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    ok same thing if I disable wireless and do airplane mode the wireless won't turn on unless I reboot..anyone have the same issue never had this happen before
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    ok same thing if I disable wireless and do airplane mode the wireless won't turn on unless I reboot..anyone have the same issue never had this happen before
    yep got that too, am i sure if you look back on this thread a few also had it...

Edit going back to 3.0.0 does nothing
    so basically i have a touchpad that cant do anything...
    any help would be appreciated...

Edit2: got it working, seems the touchpad is more finicky with WiFi then I thought
    Last edited by darkassain; 08/29/2011 at 11:49 PM.
    I am currently running F4 Phantom, uninstalled Warthog earlier and downloaded the kernel - so far no issues, Wifi works fine - have yet to see the CPU at 1.8GHz though. After changing the CPU setting mine still peaks at 1.728Ghz, however it's both cores that are active now (unlike Warthog/F15C/Uber). Running 6 cards multitasking gives me a simply draw of -614mA, which is actually lower than Warthog I was running earlier.

If any problems pop up I will let people know, but so far I'm liking it (even though I haven't seen the actual 1.8Ghz jump yet).

EDIT: I forgot to apply settings LOL...both cores peak at 1.836Ghz very nicely, peak draw is still at -695mA.

EDIT2: Running Angry Birds/Sparkle/Robotek along with mail/music/IM and a few webpages gives me on average -835 to -900mA - when not running it idles at -580mA. Battery is at 35-37C.

So far this is my favorite OC kernel - great job Psycho. I will report later if any issues pop up.
    Last edited by aznriptide859; 08/29/2011 at 10:55 PM.
    I can't get F4 or F15C to go above 1.7GHz. I don't mean that it's unstable, but that as soon as I click Apply Settings with either, my TP freezes instantly and reboots.

I tried removing the kernel, reloading the stock webOS kernel, and reloading both F4 and F15C and got the same insta-freeze.

Any ideas?
    i tried running peacekeeper on it and every time it would break the internet. the browser would freezup. wifi said it was connected, but couldn't load any websides or use the e-mail client (e-mails just showed up blank).

So I decided to restart the wifi, you know, turn it on and off. Turned it off, and it wouldn't turn on, like everyone else said. Restarting the TP brought it right back though.

Now, I am downloading the new update of phantom that says its got the "lcd state fix." What does that mean?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well I just installed F4. A separate profile didn't show up in Govnah, so I just set the max GHZ to 1.8. Using ondemandtcl, The I/O scheduler is set the VR, and TCP set to VENO. Are these the default settings for F4, or for the Palm Default profile I edited? I just don't want to alter anything in case I have to go back to uber.
  7.    #27  
    ok got the update and WiFi works fine can disable and enable and its fine
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've installed F4 as well and it seems to run great for the first 20 minutes or so of installation.. up until I put the tablet down and it presumably goes into sleep mode. After this point I can turn it back on and I'll notice some occasional weird stutter (e.g. when swiping between app pages, etc.). So when I check Govnah I find that Core 2 is "N/A". Has anyone else encountered this?

For reference when I load my new kernels here is the procedure I follow, please let me know if you spot something I'm doing incorrectly.
    1.) Open Govnah, delete all profiles.
    2.) Uninstall Govnah.
    3.) Install Palm 3.0.2 stock kernel.
    4.) Install F4 Kernel.
    5.) Install Govnah.
    6.) Configure profile for Govnah.

When I follow that procedure it always works, and I always have two cores.. until I let the device sleep for any length of time.

I seem to be able to get the 2nd core back if I restart the device.
    Same issue here...it was off for about an hour or so last night and the 2nd core went N/A. However I haven't gotten any performance issues...it's just unnerving since it seems that the 2nd core is just "gone".
    Do you restart between installs?

Everytime i install or update a kernel, this is the process I follow:

Uninstall old kernel using preware
    Uninstall govnah using preware
    Restart
    Install govnah in preware
    Restart
    Load govnah to verify factory defaults are back
    Exit govnah
    Install new kernel in preware
    Restart
    Enjoy

I always just use rhe defaults in the kernels. Ive switched between f15 and warthog over 10 times and today just did the update of F4. Never an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bschrib View Post

For reference when I load my new kernels here is the procedure I follow, please let me know if you spot something I'm doing incorrectly.
    2.) Uninstall Govnah.
    4.) Install F4 Kernel.
    5.) Install Govnah.

When I follow that procedure it always works, and I always have two cores.. until I let the device sleep for any length of time.

I seem to be able to get the 2nd core back if I restart the device.
    funb0b likes this.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moretorque05 View Post
    Do you restart between installs?

Everytime i install or update a kernel, this is the process I follow:

Uninstall old kernel using preware
    Uninstall govnah using preware
    Restart
    Install govnah in preware
    Restart
    Load govnah to verify factory defaults are back
    Exit govnah
    Install new kernel in preware
    Restart
    Enjoy

I always just use rhe defaults in the kernels. Ive switched between f15 and warthog over 10 times and today just did the update of F4. Never an issue.
    Oops! I should have been more clear. I always restart, here's the exact process.

2.) Uninstall Govnah.
    3a.) Reboot.
    4.) Install F4 Kernel.
    4a.) Reboot.
    5.) Install Govnah.
    7.) Profit!
    okay my max temp so far is 32C my battery current so far has hit -1584 with 9 cards open running super smooth apps open are as follow: web browser, govnah, maps, email, calandar, music phone (blue tooth is on), robotech, facebook app, and preware

note to get the real reading is govnah you must leave card go do sum stuff and then click let it load and click on what ever one to see its history. Just helping out the newbies if there are any testing the kernels and want to give feedback.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I came home from work today to find my touchpad with a big battery sign on the screen even with it plugged in. Rebooted and CPU2 was showing N/A. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted for a night. Back to Uber.
    OK something went REALLY weird an hour ago.

I was playing music on my TP (screen off) and using the HP keyboard for music controls. About an hour in I get a dead battery warning (0%), and I had to keep it on the charger for half an hour before HP's software would even let me turn on the thing. But then I suddenly reached 100% charge in just 15-20 minutes, which makes me believe the kernel somehow screwed with the battery notifications (that's just a hypothesis).

Sorry but I'm going back to F15C for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznriptide859 View Post
    OK something went REALLY weird an hour ago.

I was playing music on my TP (screen off) and using the HP keyboard for music controls. About an hour in I get a dead battery warning (0%), and I had to keep it on the charger for half an hour before HP's software would even let me turn on the thing. But then I suddenly reached 100% charge in just 15-20 minutes, which makes me believe the kernel somehow screwed with the battery notifications (that's just a hypothesis).

Sorry but I'm going back to F15C for now.
    yeah that's happened to me too, when you get a weird reading what I do is plug it till it shows the right reading and then unplug it, it should then stick with that number...
    what are the best govnah settings for this kernel at 1.7?

also, can someone tell me the default govnah settings?
    Installed F4 v3.0.2-48 yesterday morning and have been testing a variety of things including those noted in the stream to date. Loved the F4's from my USAF days.

Govnah 1.0.5 settings:
    - Governor: ondemandtcl
    - Min: 384 MHz
    - Max: 1.836 GHz
    - I/O Scheduler: BFQ
    - TCP Congestion: Veno

To this point, the overall performance improvement vs. Uberkernel is definitely noticeable.
    Temp is currently at 30, with a range of 27-37
    Battery current ranges from 630 - 1150
    Browsermark varies primarily based on how far away I am from the router (35K - 55K)
    Private Browsing in standard browser appeared to slow things down
    Private Browser HD is ~35-40% faster than standard browser
    Touchpad WiFi outperforms Win7-64 i.e. over GigE :-)
    Wireless on/off or Airplane mode work correctly

In reading a book (pReader Native) for 2-3 hours with Audiophile HD on, facebook and 3 browser windows, preware and toggling into Govnah every now and then, there did appear to be a slightly faster battery drain than with Uberkernel, but not too dramatic. Audiophile HD, videos, etc. initialize, index and open appreciably faster.

To this point, the sole issue that I've encountered has been that when the pad goes to sleep on its own, when I wake it up, core 2 shows up as N/A. Core 1 will still scale up to 1.8 GHz; to this point it's not resulted in any jitteriness or appreciable lag running single core core. To further test this
    - hit the power button with Govnah running. Wait.
    - Turned on, core 2 still shows.
    - Threw Govnah card away. Hit the power button. Wait.
    - Turned on. Opened Govnah, core 2 is N/A.
    - Device restart (using Advanced Reset Options package). Open Govnah. Core 2 again shows.

It appears that Govnah itself somehow contributes to the CPU state when the pad enters sleep mode. If it's open, both cores come back. If it's closed, core 2 is N/A.

Not sure if that helps to narrow things down. Overall, I'm quite pleased with this build. Let me know if additional info would be helpful, and what to do to provide it.
  18.    #38  
    good testing horseybob
    Quote Originally Posted by horseybob View Post
    Installed F4 v3.0.2-48 yesterday morning and have been testing a variety of things including those noted in the stream to date. Loved the F4's from my USAF days.

Govnah 1.0.5 settings:
    - Governor: ondemandtcl
    - Min: 384 MHz
    - Max: 1.836 GHz
    - I/O Scheduler: BFQ
    - TCP Congestion: Veno

To this point, the overall performance improvement vs. Uberkernel is definitely noticeable.
    Temp is currently at 30, with a range of 27-37
    Battery current ranges from 630 - 1150
    Browsermark varies primarily based on how far away I am from the router (35K - 55K)
    Private Browsing in standard browser appeared to slow things down
    Private Browser HD is ~35-40% faster than standard browser
    Touchpad WiFi outperforms Win7-64 i.e. over GigE :-)
    Wireless on/off or Airplane mode work correctly

In reading a book (pReader Native) for 2-3 hours with Audiophile HD on, facebook and 3 browser windows, preware and toggling into Govnah every now and then, there did appear to be a slightly faster battery drain than with Uberkernel, but not too dramatic. Audiophile HD, videos, etc. initialize, index and open appreciably faster.

To this point, the sole issue that I've encountered has been that when the pad goes to sleep on its own, when I wake it up, core 2 shows up as N/A. Core 1 will still scale up to 1.8 GHz; to this point it's not resulted in any jitteriness or appreciable lag running single core core. To further test this
    - hit the power button with Govnah running. Wait.
    - Turned on, core 2 still shows.
    - Threw Govnah card away. Hit the power button. Wait.
    - Turned on. Opened Govnah, core 2 is N/A.
    - Device restart (using Advanced Reset Options package). Open Govnah. Core 2 again shows.

It appears that Govnah itself somehow contributes to the CPU state when the pad enters sleep mode. If it's open, both cores come back. If it's closed, core 2 is N/A.

Not sure if that helps to narrow things down. Overall, I'm quite pleased with this build. Let me know if additional info would be helpful, and what to do to provide it.
    I have tried this and haven't been able to reproduce.

I have also never seen Govnah say "N/A"? Try these tests again and go to the CLI to see if the 2nd core is really offline or not.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I have tried this and haven't been able to reproduce.

I have also never seen Govnah say "N/A"? Try these tests again and go to the CLI to see if the 2nd core is really offline or not.
    I can confirm the same problem, how do I go to the CLI to check the second core?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast