1.    #1  
    Help, I've been battling with this for a few hours now with no luck and I can't find anything in the forums suggesting anyone else is having trouble.

I got my pre 3 yesterday and propmtly ran save/resore on my pre-, copied the contents of the flash drive over and now I am trying to load save/restore on the pre3 but I am failing at the first hurdle.

First I tried WOSQI and it could see the pre3, tell what was on it etc but just timed out when I tried to install preware. I wondered if it was related to the new developer mode password thing so I tried setting a password (big mistake as there seems to be no way to unset it).

Now WOSQI won't run up, it just hangs at the splash screen.

Then I tried the preware stand-alone installer and it just says:

Installation of Preware has failed.

*** Please try again ***

If you continue to recieve errors post %temp%\Installer.log to forums.precentral.net

But when I look in C:\Windows\Temp there is no Installer.log.

Help, anyone got any idea what I am doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I had similar trouble, to fix it I chose "Just Charge" instead of "USB drive" when connecting the Pre3 to the PC.
    If you read the instructions, WOSQI tells you to use "Just Charge".
  4.    #4  
    I always use just charge, I've been using WOSQI for years, it's just getting it to work with the Pre 3 which is proving a challenge.

I've tried uninstalling novacom, starting/stopping the service, various versions of WOSQI and the preware standalone installer. Nothing seems to work although I did eventually find a copy of preware on my phone but it does not start, just stays on the splashscreen forever.

It's proving pretty frustrating...

I can't remember if I have tried using WOSQI since I got windows 7, maybe that is causing a problem but I think it is the Pre3.
  5.    #5  
    Right, I think I made some progress.

I uninstalled the SDK (I had installed stuff to try out Enyo development but it doesn't look like I will be doing that now). Also uninstalled novacomd and rebooted to try to make as clean a start as possible. This time WOSQI ran up, prompted to install novacom drivers, prompted for the dev mode password and allowed me to try to install preware but it crashes during the install every time with the phone requesting a reboot and the following error:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.3_arm.ipkg

{"ticket":3,"returnValue":true,"subscribed":true}
    {"status":"FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL","ticket":3}

This leaves a preware icon on the phone that won't start up.

I get the same when trying to install any other package.

Anybody got any clues?

Thanks.

Oh, the message on the pre3 screen is 'System adjustments must be made before installation can continue'
  6.    #6  
    Just noticed thath the 'system adjustments...' problem is affecting all app installs even from the app catalogue. Seems like my Pre3 is pretty useless now and there doesn't seem to be a doctor for it yet
    Just got my Pre 3 and would be keen to know if anyone else has had problems before I try. Just for info I had no problems using WOSQI on a Windows 7 PC for my touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Just noticed thath the 'system adjustments...' problem is affecting all app installs even from the app catalogue. Seems like my Pre3 is pretty useless now and there doesn't seem to be a doctor for it yet
    Doctor for the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevh55 View Post
    Just got my Pre 3 and would be keen to know if anyone else has had problems before I try. Just for info I had no problems using WOSQI on a Windows 7 PC for my touchpad.
    I had no problems whatsoever installing Preware with WOSQI on my Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    I had no problems whatsoever installing Preware with WOSQI on my Pre 3.
    i just got my Pre 3 , downloaded the latest version of WOSQI and Preware is not listed in the apps

any idea's? worked fine with my pre+
    I have used both WOSQI and the installer found here: Get Preware.org to put preware on a Pre3.

If one uses the installer; you will need to update Preware right away from version 1.5 to current.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    THX!

When you say "right away" do you mean launch the app , then update? Preware shows up after running the standalone installer, but I have yet to try it yet - for some reason its not shown in the the app list. I fear it might just be an alias or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by funkiikong View Post
    THX!

When you say "right away" do you mean launch the app , then update? Preware shows up after running the standalone installer, but I have yet to try it yet - for some reason its not shown in the the app list. I fear it might just be an alias or something.
    It should be at the bottom of your 1st page in the launcher.
    By right away, I mean launch preware and update to the current version of preware through preware itself.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Awesome that works!!!