Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I was trying to OC my Touchpad to 1.7ghz like most people around here seem to be doing and in all the guides I've read, they always say to make sure your WebOS version is on the latest version of 3.0.2...After noticing that none of the Kernals mentioned in those guides were available to me, I checked my version and noticed it to be 3.0.3...Is that why none of the kernels are available to install? The only one I see is the UberKernel, but it failed on install.

Im new to all this stuff, and I come from Android...

Thanks for the help!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow, screen cap or i dont believe 0-X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Is this a white touchpad?
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
  4.    #4  
    Nope, black 32GB...In regards to the screencap: Is that sarcasm or being serious?
  5.    #5  
    Heres a photo I took a minute ago of version number...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #6  
    So, does this mean no overclocking for me? Anyway to downgrade (I've done this for a few android phones to be able to mod)
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    3.03? Was it a demo unit?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    3.03? Was it a demo unit?
    Nope, new in box. Purchased from the Palm Store
    Doctor it to 3.02.
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetAddicted View Post
    So, does this mean no overclocking for me? Anyway to downgrade (I've done this for a few android phones to be able to mod)
    Lol you are the only person that has 3.0.3 and still care about o/c ? :P
    Do you notice any changes?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Lol you are the only person that has 3.0.3 and still care about o/c ? :P
    Do you notice any changes?
    As far as I can tell, I've only ever had 3.0.3, so I can't ascertain if there are any changes LOL. I only ever ran the updater the first moment I got it, and I don't think it actually did any updating, so I believe it shipped this way...

The device does not run smoothly, and according to Govnah, is not utilizing the 2nd core. That's my reason for wanting to OC Is there something I can do to assist the community while I have this version?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Doctor it to 3.02.
    Apologies, I think I need to learn some of this terminology, I don't know what "doctor"ing is...
    a doctor returns your build to factory state.

As for 3.0.3, I believe that there is actually an experimental alpha kernel (warthog?) that may be for 3.0.3.

Cant check as I am commuting home.
    However some perusal of the forums should be undertaken to understand the webos overlclock process.

welcome aboardzj
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetAddicted View Post
    Apologies, I think I need to learn some of this terminology, I don't know what "doctor"ing is...
    The doctor is a Palm/HP program that reinstalls the stock OS image to your device. He is also a time-traveling alien.
    Because webOS devices have historically been sturdy (not counting slider mechanisms) the doctor has essentially meant that it's next to impossible to brick a webOS device short of taking a sledgehammer to it or hacking around in drivers for devices where you don't know what they're good for - one of our crack community developers was the first to brick a Veer when he mucked about in the A6 drivers, the A6 later turning out to be the TTS communication coils.

That said, DON'T DOCTOR! It's almost as if you got a Galaxy S2 with Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box and then put Gingerbread on it, with the difference that 3.0.3 is obviously not such a big step forward. Still fascinating!
    I agree..dont doctor back.
  16.    #16  
    Where can I find warthog kernel? I searched, but Im not sure if I should see it in Preware as I have it, or if I need to add a new feed...currently under Kernels, I only have stock and UberKernel, which doesn't work.

Anyway to get everyone else on the 3.0.3 version so you can all start working on developing for it? You guys are making me feel guilty about downgrading now!
    wonder if there is any new features or only bug fixes... one can dream
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Tap on 3.0.3 to check the build number.

Also, I wonder if maybe somehow you got a 3G version of something? I mean, it's doubtful, but other than if it's somehow flashed with beta firmware (which I assume you'd notice, because I doubt that would have access to the App Catalog) it's the only thing I could see happening.
    you are very lucky! But did you said 3.0.3 is still laggy? Wht a shame for @palm @hp. I dun really think it's the processor speed but it's the implementation tht made the difference.
    Could you please do the following:
    1. Go into > Device Information -> More Info -> Software
    2. Take a screenshot of this screen and post here.

Also:
    1. Go into > Device Information
    2. Click on Version. This will show you the Build # of webOS 3.0.3

Thanks.

PS: Avner Arbel, a developer, tweeted the other day about webOS 3.0.4. So I suppose there are obviously later versions, than the one publicly available, of webOS floating around. Does give hope for another OTA update soon.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast