Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetAddicted View Post
    The device does not run smoothly, and according to Govnah, is not utilizing the 2nd core.
    The second core only gets used when it is needed. Unless you're playing video, or running multiple apps that do a lot of background processing, you won't really see the second core being used much.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    can you check the quickoffice app to see if it supports editing?
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetAddicted View Post
    I was trying to OC my Touchpad to 1.7ghz like most people around here seem to be doing and in all the guides I've read, they always say to make sure your WebOS version is on the latest version of 3.0.2...After noticing that none of the Kernals mentioned in those guides were available to me, I checked my version and noticed it to be 3.0.3...Is that why none of the kernels are available to install? The only one I see is the UberKernel, but it failed on install.
    Somehow your device has a future version of webOS on it.

When that version is released, we'll have UberKernel running usually within 24h of the kernel source being released.

You can choose to keep it as it is without kernels or patches being available, or doctor it back to 3.0.2 and get those things and an OTA to a future version when everyone else gets it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Remember that you can take screen shots pushing the center and power button at the same time, I'm curious to see this myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by docnas View Post
    These are the same changes that 3.0.2 listed. Not sure this is entirely legit.
    webOS 3.0.2 68 update now available for HP TouchPad! | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    This guy on XDA also has a 3.0.3.

ok so were is the upgrade ? ;-)
    maybe we can use yr software to spread webOS 3.03 love everywhere, please don't doctor, somehow need to get your software to webOS internals. Is there a way to upload it anyone?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I would love to know if there are any significant changes to the browser that make it easier to navigate.
    Every day since I've gotten my TP I've checked all 3 sources for updates, System Update Software manager, and Preware. Today System Updates isn't working, it just keeps spinning and spinning. Could this be a sign that they are loading an update on to the servers? Or.... That they've turned them off???
    kyleprettyman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Tap on 3.0.3 to check the build number.

Also, I wonder if maybe somehow you got a 3G version of something? I mean, it's doubtful, but other than if it's somehow flashed with beta firmware (which I assume you'd notice, because I doubt that would have access to the App Catalog) it's the only thing I could see happening.
    My TP 3G (4G) also has 3.03 on it and I discovered it set my profile up on the SDK development profile servers.

I really want to move it over to my production profile where I've got my Pre 3 and apps. I hope Impostah with device profile service will get me there. Otherwise I think I would need to doctor with production 3.02 but don't know if the 3G feature set is functional on that version.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Somehow your device has a future version of webOS on it.

When that version is released, we'll have UberKernel running usually within 24h of the kernel source being released.

You can choose to keep it as it is without kernels or patches being available, or doctor it back to 3.0.2 and get those things and an OTA to a future version when everyone else gets it.

-- Rod
    Rod,

My TP 4G has 3.03 on it but it logged me into my profile on the SDK development profiles server. Can I use Impostah and device profile service to switch it over without re-doctoring?

Thanks,
    Barry
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Rod,

My TP 4G has 3.03 on it but it logged me into my profile on the SDK development profiles server. Can I use Impostah and device profile service to switch it over without re-doctoring?

Thanks,
    Barry
    Yes. All you need to do is switch the location host and then login to your profile on the production server. You can find the location host value you need from any other device. Be aware that the production server may cause you to have a 9.9.9 version if you have firmware that is not public, so you may want to doctor to 3.0.2 if you want to get apps and have backups work.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes. All you need to do is switch the location host and then login to your profile on the production server. You can find the location host value you need from any other device. Be aware that the production server may cause you to have a 9.9.9 version if you have firmware that is not public, so you may want to doctor to 3.0.2 if you want to get apps and have backups work.

-- Rod
    Do you know if the 3G (especially the HSPA+) feature set is fully functional in the "HP Topaz 3.02 production" doctor? The only doctor I can personally vouch that 3G/H+ is present in is "AT&T Topaz3G 3.0.0 sdk development" version.

If 3G/H+ isn't included in HP Topaz 3.02 production version, then its not a viable option.

TTB
    I get it now... the 3G is 3.0.3.

So I wouldn't doctor it... I bet there's a 3.0.3 doctor out there for 3g Rod! We WiFi TP users won't get this IMO.

Also IMO all 3.0.2 apps should be made available to 3.0.3
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 09/13/2011 at 10:37 AM.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    hi all,

Not sure if i'm in the right place here; was wondering who to approach about requesting a change to 3.0.3?

The playing of streamed videos in card mode?

This was something that worked just fine in 3.0.0, but unfortuantely has been turned of in 3.0.2. now only the audio plays, while the picture gets frozen in card mode.

A step backwards IMHO, would like to see this behaviour restored...

Any opinions? Who should I ask? Am I already too late?

Thanks in advance.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanEB View Post
    hi all,

Not sure if i'm in the right place here; was wondering who to approach about requesting a change to 3.0.3?

The playing of streamed videos in card mode?

This was something that worked just fine in 3.0.0, but unfortuantely has been turned of in 3.0.2. now only the audio plays, while the picture gets frozen in card mode.

A step backwards IMHO, would like to see this behaviour restored...

Any opinions? Who should I ask? Am I already too late?

Thanks in advance.
    You should post in the HP webOS Developer Forums at developer.palm.com

Unfortunately, we don't get to modify the core of webOS here ourselves

-- Rod
    There is a 3.0.3 branch in the preware feeds, so I won't doubt it is close to a public OTA

Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/3.0.3/
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgreen View Post
    There is a 3.0.3 branch in the preware feeds, so I won't doubt it is close to a public OTA

Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/3.0.3/
    That's just a symlink to the 3.0.2 feed.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast