Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    What is the easiest way to remove the kernel and return to stock?

Could i simply install the stock kernel via preware and then unistall F15C and then proceed with webos doctor?
    Just doctor will do it.
    You can re-install stock kernel from PreWare (I've done it that way).
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Just uninstall in Preware!
    Why would you want to remove it? This kernel is the ONLY kernel that sets both cores at max speed! It is the best

/s
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

the newest build disables the second core for me and won't kick in even under load :/
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chinesedevil View Post
    the newest build disables the second core for me and won't kick in even under load :/
    mine too so I'm using uber now no difference that I see
    I love F15C. I've got it set to 1.8ghz, both cores! Yum
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    i love it too, but it's not working in dual-core mode after update
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I'm sure f15c knows about the problem and will put out an update soon
    I have a huge question for yall! I am still new to Touchpad and webOS and I installed the F15C kernel to my TP and had trouble syncing my aol mail to my email app...for some reason it wasn't working! So after I was on the phone with HP support for 2 freakin hours they made me do a "Reset Apps & Data" and I forgot that I had OCed my TP! So in doing so I lost preware but the kernel was still on there as well as all of the patches that I had installed already to optimize performance.
    I went back after the reset and reinstalled preware and Govnah just to see if it would still show that I had the patches and F15C still installed but it DID NOT! My question is...since I still want to try to get it back to completely stock just to see if I can setup my email then, show do i delete all of the patches and F15C etc?
    I found F15C in my "Software Manager" and it gives me the option to "Delete". Is it safe for me to just delete it seeing as it does not show in the Preware app that I ever installed it??? I just dont want to mess up my TP so that I cant use it anymore....please help!!
    -Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellrider85 View Post
    I have a huge question for yall! I am still new to Touchpad and webOS and I installed the F15C kernel to my TP and had trouble syncing my aol mail to my email app...for some reason it wasn't working! So after I was on the phone with HP support for 2 freakin hours they made me do a "Reset Apps & Data" and I forgot that I had OCed my TP! So in doing so I lost preware but the kernel was still on there as well as all of the patches that I had installed already to optimize performance.
    I went back after the reset and reinstalled preware and Govnah just to see if it would still show that I had the patches and F15C still installed but it DID NOT! My question is...since I still want to try to get it back to completely stock just to see if I can setup my email then, show do i delete all of the patches and F15C etc?
    I found F15C in my "Software Manager" and it gives me the option to "Delete". Is it safe for me to just delete it seeing as it does not show in the Preware app that I ever installed it??? I just dont want to mess up my TP so that I cant use it anymore....please help!!
    -Chris
    You can always revert back to the stock kernel, it's in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    You can always revert back to the stock kernel, it's in Preware.
    How to I revert back to the stock kernel in Preware? Because none of the existing stuff that I downloaded before off of preware shows that I actually downloaded it...Would it hurt anything if I just clicked delete for the F15C kernel in my Software Manager? I appreciate how quick you were with your response btw!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Couples things.. Yesterday after doing the F15C 41 Update my second core was not functioning as well, the fix was to remove the Govnah profile , uninstall govnah then reboot and reinstall govnah and my second core is now working correctly.

Also remove the F15C via preware worked great, i had bought two touchpads and was gonna sell one and give this one to my mother as a birthday gift but i love this thing way to much im keeping them both!
    Quote Originally Posted by chinesedevil View Post
    i love it too, but it's not working in dual-core mode after update
    There have already been people with this issue and all they did to fix it was deleting all custom profiles within govnah, remove govnah, reboot, and reinstall. I know this works because I had to do this as well.
    <<thread moved>>
    @ariker01 If I just download the Palm Kernel(TouchPad) from Preware then it will automatically overwrite the F15C kernel and delete it and everything will be back to stock including the patches? Thanks!
    If you open up preware and it does NOT show you have F15C installed I would assume you can delete the icon from Software Manager. These kernels will not re-wright over each other. One must be uninstalled before another can be installed. If F15C is not showing installed in preware, make sure you download the stock kernel and reboot before you delete the icon from the software manager.

I would also get a second opinion. I am just going off of what i have been reading in the threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    Welp, I stand corrected, seems as though my 2nd core is stagnant too after the update. Bummer, that Kernel was running great. F15C is no longer in the experimental section of preware now. I think I remember reading somewhere that the dev dropped development
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    There have already been people with this issue and all they did to fix it was deleting all custom profiles within govnah, remove govnah, reboot, and reinstall. I know this works because I had to do this as well.

YATZEE! Thanks bro. I was surprised how painfully slow this TP was without the 2nd core. Could barely stream Hulu
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast