1.    #1  
    Hey All,

When I update "available packages" in Preware all I get in 490 or so. On youtube I saw that someone had as many as 2600 packages.

Am I doing something wrong, do I need to install something else. Please HELP!!!

Greatly appreciated
    No you aren't doing something wrong. I think the packages are determined by the feeds you subscribe to and device OS version. I have a Pre- but I do not have access to the Touchpad and 2.x patches. I might be wrong about this too. For future reference, you should ask Preware questions here....

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/
  3.    #3  
    Hey All,

When I update "available packages" in Preware all I get in 490 or so. On youtube I saw that someone had as many as 2600 packages.

Am I doing something wrong, do I need to install something else. Please HELP!!!

Are there more feeds i should be subscribing to?

Greatly appreciated
    <<threads merged - please do not cross-post questions>>
    You can enable feeds in Preware by tapping the upper left corner of the application and select "manage feeds". Turn on the extra feeds like 'PreCentral - themes' and 'prethemer' and you will get all of those added.
    Look and see how old that you-tube video is. We used to be able to see all the Official Palm/HP app catalog apps in Preware. A few months ago (don't know the exact date) HP shut down the feeds so they were no longer accessible to 3rd party app catalog apps such as Preware or FileCoaster. So, my guess is that you saw an older video that still included the Official HP App Catalog apps. Take the 490 or so homebrew apps + the now 5721 App Catalog apps and you end up with 6211 currently

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.