Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having trouble with their YouTube app/flash not working after loading UberKernel on their Touchpads? I've played around a few time now and verified its the Uberkernel (I also had a similar problem with the unthrottle download patch) With UK in place, I can't get YouTube videos to play at all. I've played with Govenah settings, including 'stock' settings but I have to outright remove the UK to get YouTube to work. I really like the UK and the CPU tweaking it does, I can extend battery life to almost 24 hours before I need to recharge with it but I really need the online videos too.

Is there something I can provide to the developers for info?
    YouTube stopped working 2 days after I overclocked my touchpad by using gnovah and UK. Started working once I reverted to default setting. Any help appreciated..
    works fine for me,I have been on UK since it came out for the TP and Flash works like a charm. You may want to Doctor and start patching over again from the beginning.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Doctored twice and watched which patches I Installed but it seems I've found my problem in reality was my router and 'n' speeds. My D-link 655 doesn't' do "n" level speed syncing well so I've forced my clients to stick to "g" to connect. Well the Touchpad doesn't give me that option so I't been trying to connect to "n" speeds and running into my latency problem. Why it shows up with Uberkernel I don't know, but I did find that if I set the cpus to run flat out all the time then youtube vids would start to work. All I can think of is the extra overhead of the constant network negotiation my router does with 'n' speeds is giving the Touchpad more work in changing its cpu speeds. It's a wag but when I forced my router to "g" only, everything was cleared up. Makes little sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from Index of /
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Just to derail for a second: can you update the installer for webos3.x ???
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.