Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have problems with flaky bluetooth? I stream bluetooth audio in my car. It seems like when I use a kernel with screenstate scaling, the bluetooth cuts in and out based on how the frequency is adjusting. The phone doesn't unpair from the bluetooth -- it just stops sending audio.

It gets better when I use a profile or a kernel that runs a constant frequency, but it's still somewhat flaky (for instance, when I open the slider or turn on the screen the bluetooth will occasionally cut out in the same way. Usually opening and closing the slider a few times will fix it, but there's def. something up.)

Has anyone looked into this problem, yet? Would it be possible to create a profile that runs a fixed frequency when bluetooth is paired but scales the frequency when bluetooth is unpaired?
    Is it on Pre2 or original Pre? With radio in 2.1 ROM I found differences in phone's behavior when slider is opened and when I close it. I've had best performance with radio from 1.4.0 on Pre- running 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    This is on the original pre running a 2.1 rom. Flaky is the best word I have for it.
    Try to downgrade radio. You can find explanation on webOS internals page. You can revert to 2.1 if it's not helping. Anyway, try with 1.4.5 radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Try to downgrade radio. You can find explanation on webOS internals page. You can revert to 2.1 if it's not helping. Anyway, try with 1.4.5 radio.
    Are there docs for that? I'm using a Pre2 with screenscate3 1100 kernel, also tried OnDemandTCL1100 kernel. I've paired a samsung wep490 which supports bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.

I find that sometimes my voice breaks up on phone calls to people on the other end. It's sometimes ok, and sometimes not. I do keep it on a touchstone in the car also while driving. Maybe it fluctuates when charging? Maybe I need a better bluetooth?

Flaky bluetooth is about right!