Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    hi all,

I am a complete beginner with linux/Ubuntu so this might be a stupid question but how do you rerun the modified doctor that is created using the meta-doctor script? To my surprise, I was able to successfully upgrade my VZW Pre+ to 2.1 but now I need to rerun that same doctor due to a separate issue (stuck on boot screen because I messed around in Internalz beyond my skill level). At any rate, the WI instructions show me where the .jar file is but how do I actually run it? Do I use the terminal or can I do it from the GUI? If I use the terminal, what is the proper command? TIA!
    You should be able to double click on the jar.
    But you get a detailed log by running from the command line:
    Open terminal.
    Navigate to the jar file (cd <directory>)
    call java:
    Code:
    java -jar <filename>.jar
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    You should be able to double click on the jar.
    But you get a detailed log by running from the command line:
    Open terminal.
    Navigate to the jar file (cd <directory>)
    call java:
    Code:
    java -jar <filename>.jar
    Awesome... I'll give it a go tonight! Thanks!
    Ok, I metadoctored my Verizon Pre 2 to 2.1 and it's not working, calendar, data, gps and other issues, I'm going to try re-doctoring again before reverting back to 2.01 and waiting for Verizon. Can anyone explain this to someone who doesn't understand Ubuntu? I've got three directories in the meta-verizon-pre2=2.1.0 folder, meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0, pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 and pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.1.0. I've opened all 3 and clicked on the jar, it opens another window.
    Help please.
    I now learn I can't send email from any of my accounts, it all goes into the Outbox, I really need this help. Anyone?