Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    With all my feeds turned on today I only have 452 apps in Preware. It seems to be reading only a few from the palm catalog

    Yesterday was over 7000 (including testing feeds). The number has varied over the day, but some apps are obviously from the palm catalog.

    Has Palm changed their feed?

    I have made no changes to my Pre 2 (webOS 2.1 on Rogers).

    Andrew
  2. #2  
    Same here on my Veer.
  3. DukeL's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #3  
    Me too. I could've sworn there was more the day before. I just figured maybe they filtered out all the non-veer compatible apps?
  4. #4  
    I have the same issue in my Pre running WebOS 1.4.5... Preware 1.5.9 shows just 433 apps available with all the feeds enabled...

    It looks like the packages.gz for the palm catalog is not right...

    Any ideas about this?
  5. #5  
    It seems to be a problem with Palm's app catalog RSS feed. Rwhitby already tweeted the, but they may be sleeping atm.

    Nothing to worry about. It should be fixed "in the coming hours"

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  6. #6  
    is that anything like "in the coming months?" lol
  7. #7  
    Mmmm... I'm still having the same issue... Does anyone have this fixed?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxholguin View Post
    Mmmm... I'm still having the same issue... Does anyone have this fixed?
    not yet here
  9. #9  
    <thread moved>
  10. #10  
    The problem persists on Palm's servers.

    -- Rod
  11. #11  
    any fix yet
  12. #12  
    Preware? Is that like getting your underwear and socks ready the night before you need them?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Preware? Is that like getting your underwear and socks ready the night before you need them?
    With no smiley I'm not sure if you are serious. If you are look here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html

    Preware is the tool used by most to install homebrew applications/patches/etc. on webOS.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Preware? Is that like getting your underwear and socks ready the night before you need them?
    If that was of tagline length I would totally add it to preware
  15. #15  
    just a little humor...but thanks dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    With no smiley I'm not sure if you are serious. If you are look here:

    [url]

    Preware is the tool used by most to install homebrew applications/patches/etc. on webOS.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxholguin View Post
    I have the same issue in my Pre running WebOS 1.4.5... Preware 1.5.9 shows just 433 apps available with all the feeds enabled...

    It looks like the packages.gz for the palm catalog is not right...

    Any ideas about this?
    Did you ever find a solution to this?
    I updated preware yesterday, and now my app count is about 553.
    I can't figure out how to fix it, to restore my missing apps.
    Any info would be appreciated.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The problem persists on Palm's servers.

    -- Rod
    Does that mean this can't be fixed? My app count dropped to 553 yesterday (excluding Prethemer & precentral-themes), after I updated PREWARE. I looked at all my settings and feeds, but that's not the issue.
    I'm on 1.4.5 Verizon Pre Plus. I think this happened to me a few months ago when I installed a Preware update, but then I used save/restore to give it all back to me. Now, it's happening again. Any ideas? Or do I have to just use save/restore again, and not ever update Preware in the future? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rich
  18. dale46's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rw_hoover View Post
    Does that mean this can't be fixed? My app count dropped to 553 yesterday (excluding Prethemer & precentral-themes), after I updated PREWARE. I looked at all my settings and feeds, but that's not the issue.
    I'm on 1.4.5 Verizon Pre Plus. I think this happened to me a few months ago when I installed a Preware update, but then I used save/restore to give it all back to me. Now, it's happening again. Any ideas? Or do I have to just use save/restore again, and not ever update Preware in the future? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rich
    I also associate this reduction in apps with a Preware update plus the fact that I selected to show English apps only. Then when I turned English only off, I did not return to the original app count.
  19. #19  
    Go and look at the source XML feeds from Palm if you don't believe me ...

    -- Rod
  20. #20  
    People, stop fretting. Palm broke it, Palm can fix it.

    It's nothing you did. No update to Preware broke it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions