Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Go and look at the source XML feeds from Palm if you don't believe me ...

-- Rod
    Rod,
    I'm not sure I understand or follow you. Nor, do I understand source XML feeds. My question wasn't about belief or disbelief. I'm only a casual user, and not by any means an expert on webos. I'm just trying to figure out how to get my apps back. I'm sure not all 1.4.5 users have lost their apps. So, I'm just trying to figure out what I've done differently. If restoring my Preware back to it's last setting gives me back my apps, then I can live with that. Just looking for alternative solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by rw_hoover View Post
    Rod,
    I'm not sure I understand or follow you. Nor, do I understand source XML feeds. My question wasn't about belief or disbelief. I'm only a casual user, and not by any means an expert on webos. I'm just trying to figure out how to get my apps back. I'm sure not all 1.4.5 users have lost their apps. So, I'm just trying to figure out what I've done differently. If restoring my Preware back to it's last setting gives me back my apps, then I can live with that. Just looking for alternative solution.
    Yes, they all have. Everyone has. Palm updates an XML feed for apps and websites to parse in order to show you information about apps. Palm has broken their XML feeds so that the number of apps anyone sees is messed up. For example, if you go to look at the app catalog on Precentral, it'll tell you it only has 28 apps in the official app catalog.

The only one who has done anything differently is Palm. The only one who can fix it is Palm.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes, they all have. Everyone has. Palm updates an XML feed for apps and websites to parse in order to show you information about apps. Palm has broken their XML feeds so that the number of apps anyone sees is messed up. For example, if you go to look at the app catalog on Precentral, it'll tell you it only has 28 apps in the official app catalog.

The only one who has done anything differently is Palm. The only one who can fix it is Palm.
    Thanks Rod. I understand what you're saying. But then why does Restoring Preware give me back my apps? Just 5 minutes ago I went back and used Save/Restore to restore Preware back to what I had last saved (April 18th I think). Now I'm back to having 7,536 apps (excluding themes). Not sure why, not sure how, and I'm not sure if they work. Just relaying what I'm seeing.
    I tried doing that too, then I tried to install a catalog app and got an error that the URL was not valid.
    Thanks Rod. I understand what you're saying. But then why does Restoring Preware give me back my apps? Just 5 minutes ago I went back and used Save/Restore to restore Preware back to what I had last saved (April 18th I think). Now I'm back to having 7,536 apps (excluding themes). Not sure why, not sure how, and I'm not sure if they work. Just relaying what I'm seeing.
    Well...I'm not Rod. Did you run the update feeds command after you ran Save/Restore? Save/Restore will restore the information Preware has saved about the feeds it parses (so it doesn't have to parse them every time you load the app). If you ran the update feeds command again to get the current information, it would go back to only showing ~450 apps.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well...I'm not Rod. Did you run the update feeds command after you ran Save/Restore? Save/Restore will restore the information Preware has saved about the feeds it parses (so it doesn't have to parse them every time you load the app). If you ran the update feeds command again to get the current information, it would go back to only showing ~450 apps.
    Sorry about that. (Calling you Rod.) I wasn't paying attention.
    Anyway...Yes. I just launched Preware again. Went to "Update Feeds" and ran again. I Still have the 7536 apps. And those include new ones from today/yesterday and other recent ones. So...if I assume this worked for me, then what exactly isn't working for everyone else?
    Sorry about that. (Calling you Rod.) I wasn't paying attention.
    Anyway...Yes. I just launched Preware again. Went to "Update Feeds" and ran again. I Still have the 7536 apps. And those include new ones from today/yesterday and other recent ones. So...if I assume this worked for me, then what exactly isn't working for everyone else?
    seems they got it fixed.
    Since a few hours I have all the apps back which were missing this morning.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Apps are back. No action taken. Just had to wait for it.
    really apps are back? I did an update feeds in preware and I lost my apps again. I also got error messages and went from 600 to 112 apps . Why would these problems be happening? Does anyone have a fix or clue what to do? Is this happening to anyone else like this , update and you loose apps instead of being the same or more. % have the new verizon 1.4.5.1 and new preware version of 1.6 . Can someone plz advise me, thanks
    Post screenshots of your Manage Feeds page.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, how do I get the screen shots then post them to the forum , I've been trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by lem855 View Post
    Thanks Rod, how do I get the screen shots then post them to the forum , I've been trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance sir.
    Square+Shift+P, you'll hear the photo shoot sound

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    [QUOTE=NuttyBunny;2974393]Square+Shift+P, you'll hear the photo shoot sound

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

I never hear the sound when I do that and I'm pretty sure I don't have a patch to muffle it.
    It only makes that sound in 2.x.
    Rod , thanks

the apps are back.

Thanks anayway for the help.
    it is now july and I still only 400 apps. Can someone please help? I also saw something about Save and Restore....where is that found?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12