1.    #1  
    Ok, so I followed the instructions on how to install webOS 2.1 on to a Sprint Franken Pre2. The instructions note that the meta-doc tokens are no longer needed. But after all is said and done, I still have the Verizon tokens in the device.

My phone is working. But some questions:
    1. Is having the Verizon tokens rather than the Sprint tokens associated w/my comms board going to cause any problems down the road? I imagine it will only if I ever have an official Sprint 2.x webOS doctor.
    2. After completing the process, I have a "SIM Toolkit" app and a "SIM" account in my accounts. Obviously, I don't have a SIM card for Sprint. Where in the meta-doctor process would I look to get rid of these?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 05/14/2011 at 06:44 AM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Are you able to charge the phone? Does it connect to the sprint network? does it have 3g data? sms? voicemail? Does your palm profile work?

It sounds like you used an old doctor. I think the newer scripts get rid of the SIM toolkits. I had a problem with bad tokens. I fixed it by flashing a doctor with the sprint tokens to the pre, AND THEN making a BRAND NEW doctor, and not making ANY changes to the makefile, then flashing the new 2.1.0. It will not overwrite your tokens from the previous flash.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    No. I used the procedures described here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals. I got a fresh metadoc using git, which got the most recent webos docs it knew of. So I'm pretty sure it's a fresh doctor.

As far as I can tell, the phone is fully functional on the sprint network. Yes I can charge it and it has 3g data, sms & voicemail. And my profile works. It just has the verizon tokens.

It calls into question, in my mind, what purpose the tokens serve. AFAICT, they server only to inform webos dcotor which platform is being used so that the doctor can decide if it's being applied to the correct phone. But I don't know.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    No. I used the procedures described here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals. I got a fresh metadoc using git, which got the most recent webos docs it knew of. So I'm pretty sure it's a fresh doctor.

As far as I can tell, the phone is fully functional on the sprint network. Yes I can charge it and it has 3g data, sms & voicemail. And my profile works. It just has the verizon tokens.

It calls into question, in my mind, what purpose the tokens serve. AFAICT, they server only to inform webos dcotor which platform is being used so that the doctor can decide if it's being applied to the correct phone. But I don't know.
    It looks like I'm doing the same thing as you. I modified a Verizon Pre Plus into a Sprint Pre Plus and I copied in the tokens to avoid the battery charging issue.

Now I just bought a Verizon Pre 2 to modify onto Sprint but I'm not sure if I need to follow any kind of special steps regarding the tokens since I understand the newer process doesn't require any user intervention regarding the tokens.

It sounds like you just followed the steps for the Sprint FrankenPre 2 and its working fine for you. If you ended up having any problems, please post here! :-)

Thanks!

- Capt4Chris
    So in reading around, I currently have a sprint pre- with 2.1. It appears all you have to do now is get a Pre 2, swap the comm boards and run the frankenpre scripts be it unlocked or verizon, and it should work the same as metadoctoring a pre - w/ 2.1?

If this is the case i have seen some good shaped Pre 2's going for $75-$125 on ebay...I may just finally do the swap to hold be over on using my upgrade on sprint.