1.    #1  
    I'm using a Pre+ on Verizon and I just updated to the 1.4.5.1 patch yesterday. I uninstalled all of my patches from Preware like you're supposed to and updated, but now when I start Preware it throws an error and says there's only 1 patch available: Auto bcc for outgoing email. My phone literally does not work without patches (many of the keys are inexplicably broken), so I rely on Virtual Keyboard for sending messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Is there anything new in the 1.4.5.1 update? I didn't think anyone could get at it.
  3.    #3  
    It just says that it "contains a variety of software improvements." The reason Preware is throwing the error is because the feed it is trying to get to is located at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....1/Packages.gz which I found doesn't exist after checking the index of the Preware website. I tried installing the Virtual Keyboard for version 1.4.5 though QuickInstall, but that didn't work. I guess the only thing I can do is wait for them to update the feeds?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I still have not been offered this update for either of my Verizon Pres this week. From the sound of it, might want to avoid it.
  5.    #5  
    Too late for that. I was at school yesterday and it just popped up so I got home and uninstalled all of my patches that I had gotten through Preware and updated. I don't suppose there's any way to downgrade?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HDingus View Post
    Too late for that. I was at school yesterday and it just popped up so I got home and uninstalled all of my patches that I had gotten through Preware and updated. I don't suppose there's any way to downgrade?
    Use webOS Dr. from Palm's site. Should bring you back to 1.4.5
    run the backup app ( 1.4.5 doesn't auto backup for some) then Dr back to 1.4.5. Install preware again. Get terminal or run it thru webos Q I.

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Then, either reboot.

Or Click here: http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki/Blocking_Updates?wasRedirected=true

this may be the mobile link.
    I was under the impression that patches did not require removal prior to updating (only themes).

Please advise. If patches need removal, I may avoid the update as well.
    the update may not even be worth it. Most bugs have been fixed by patches by the Devs anyway. So check & see if its worth it on palm site. Especially if Ur happy with Ur Pre now & the update makes Ur Pre no longer compatible with patches you have come to love because of a .1 at end.