1.    #1  
    Hi i got a pre2 off someone the other day, and when it came in the mail today i tried to activate it and realized the sprint sign in the upper left corner. i realized the person turned the pre 2 into a sprint pre 2 but when he gave it to me he just replaced the comm board with the original verizon comm board, and he never doctored back to the verizon software, I tried to doctor webos but my volume rocker is not working. can anyone in webos internals make the webos doctor work so i can activate my phone?
  2.    #2  
    ??????
    ill donate if you can help..by the way when i try to activate and it fails, and it gives me a hex meid number different from the sticker that it means the wrong comm board is in the pre2?
    You might try the webos internals irc channels. They are linked on the left side of the webos-internals webpage.
  4.    #4  
    i was hoping with some help here
    if the up volume button is broken, and can't be repaired, and you need to be in recovery mode to get the doctor to recognize the phone... you may be stuck.

The strange thing is that I haven't heard of anyone (myself included) with a Pre2 having problems with the volume key. I'll ping Pastorrich1 for you since he is a frankenPre veteran.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    Hi i got a pre2 off someone the other day, and when it came in the mail today i tried to activate it and realized the sprint sign in the upper left corner. i realized the person turned the pre 2 into a sprint pre 2 but when he gave it to me he just replaced the comm board with the original verizon comm board, and he never doctored back to the verizon software, I tried to doctor webos but my volume rocker is not working. can anyone in webos internals make the webos doctor work so i can activate my phone?
    Ok, the Sprint in the top left corner is your first problem. If it has a Verizon comm board in it, it should say Verizon in the top left Corner. I don't believe it can say Sprint in the top left and have a Verizon comm board in it. The carrier name comes from being connected to the Carrier signal not from the webOS Dr. If you are roaming with a Sprint Pre 2 the Sprint carrier name will not appear.

So it sounds to me like you have a Sprint Pre 2 (which couldn't be activated anyway). If he can provide you with the actual Verizon Comm board then that will be one hurdle cleared. My recommendation is to find a Verizon Pre Plus on ebay that has a good comm board and volume rocker and put those in your Verizon Pre 2 and run the stock Verizon Pre 2 Dr.

If the other guy did the Sprint Pre 2 process properly you should have no token issues. But if he did it one of the old ways you may need to create a meta Dr. and write four token values over. If that is the case, PM me and I will help you through that.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  7.    #7  
    yea but when i try to activate it goes to verizon wireless service? any idea why not sprint service?
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    yea but when i try to activate it goes to verizon wireless service? any idea why not sprint service?
    No, I don't have any idea why. I can only answer based on what you provide me here in text. And this post is the first time you gave that information.

If the only reason you can't run the stock Verizon Dr. right now is the volume rocker then you need to buy a broke pre anything and swap the volume rocker.

Of course, keep in mind whoever was doing the swapping could have torn the flexible volume circuit board that goes under the volume rocker and then you have a whole other problem on your hands.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9.    #9  
    its weird it says sprint on top left corner,, but when i enter the verizon info dial codes goes straight to verizon systems? i dont know what this guy gave me..there has to be a way you can get into recovery mode so i can webos doctor it
    I'm not sure if there's any other way to enter recovery mode without the volume keys. Go onto the webos internals IRC channel, there's always guys on there. Can you see any damage? Take the cover off? Any damage? They are going to need some details about the volume rocker.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    I'm not sure if there's any other way to enter recovery mode without the volume keys. Go onto the webos internals IRC channel, there's always guys on there. Can you see any damage? Take the cover off? Any damage? They are going to need some details about the volume rocker.
    Two ways to get into recovery mode:
    1. Volume up button + Power on
    2. With developer mode enabled, connect to it via novacom and type "tellbootie recover"

Since it's a Pre 2, you should be able to enable developer mode by "dialing" ##devmode# (in the activation screen, type the two # and the dialer should appear. Finish pressing the correct buttons on screen and press the phone button. The developer mode screen should appear.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Two ways to get into recovery mode:
    1. Volume up button + Power on
    2. With developer mode enabled, connect to it via novacom and type "tellbootie recover"

Since it's a Pre 2, you should be able to enable developer mode by "dialing" ##devmode# (in the activation screen, type the two # and the dialer should appear. Finish pressing the correct buttons on screen and press the phone button. The developer mode screen should appear.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    So eggroks, looks like you need to do #2.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre